IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 258, July 17, 2022

Went to practice downtown at Golf Evolution after watching Rory lose again. Helped Nat with a bunch of stuff as well.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 2, 7/17/2022

Worked on my priority piece today. Mostly in the mirror with a driver.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Day 33 (17 Jul 22)Β - spent time working on putting tempo - worked on putting from β€œpaced” distances. Β Instead of a static footage, stepped off a given number of paces to get a better sense of pace based on stepped distance. Β Made a good session with the putter, albeit on carpet.Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 133.Β  In addition to the Fit for Golf workout, and Speed Sticks in the afternoon (got up to 113 green, 102 red), I also did some putting practice.

Here's what I did for the latter.Β  I went to a nearby course and went to a flat part of the putting green with no cups (so I wasn't in anyone's way).Β  I placed a gate (two tees a foot or two apart) a foot from the fringe,Β  Then perpendicular, I placed markers for 3', 4', and 6' (which I measured out).Β  My plan was to confirm that I can hit these distances correctly, and then move to checking 8-12' putt distances.

I did not realize before now just how many times I think I'm hitting 4' or 6' and blowing it past.Β  Anything that goes onto the collar is too far (not strictly true;Β  I want my short putt misses to be near-100% makeable, but long of the cup from where I am.Β  A foot or two at most).Β Β 

Then I wondered how I even did the around the clock drills.Β  Did I mishit enough on the right line for them to fall in?Β  Was I jamming them?

So I set up a 4' clock and decided I was going to do them until I got 12 in a row, based on my newfound discovery about speed.Β  I am glad that most of the misses were, in fact, just long of the cup but not too far past (which I would estimate based on the coin on the other side).Β  I did not count how many it took until I got all twelve in a row -- I just moved a thirteenth marker to the place of the most recent miss when I did.Β  I got a lot of streaks of 6, 7, or 8 in a row, and the first time I had a putt for the 12th, I was super nervous.Β  I missed.Β  I did get the full 12 shortly thereafter, though.

There's a reason I lose almost as many strokes (compared to a 10 handicap) inside 10' as I gain off the green.Β  That is an improvement from the start of this summer, and I am going to keep working towards being a more competent putter (I feel it's low hanging fruit I should be improving)

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 3: 7/18/2022

Woke up early this morning. So, worked on my priority pieces on the garage mat and into the garage net while the family slumbered. Then, I did some set-up work in the mirrors of the basement. The set up work was pretty much all driver set up.Β 

Then I stretched out and made my daughter breakfast.Β 

I hope plan to get to the range this afternoon.Β πŸ‘πŸ‘

Day 628: Did some work at the range and filmed it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 262 - Bought and watched the AimPoint Express Green Reading Fundamentals video today.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 34 (18 Jul 22)Β - another rainy day, opted for some metal yardstick work with the putter. Β Drill reflected even the smallest variance of the putter stroke had the ball rolling off left or right. Slowing the tempo had the ball on the yardstick longer. Β Had some good full length rolls. Β Finished up with lag putts to the end of the rug (about 6’)

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 134.Β  Played 18, a combination social round and practice for tomorrow's match play round.Β Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

• Administrator

Day 259, July 18, 2022

Played 12 holes in the morning. Hit more and more good shots of the type I'm working on, including two really nice ones to almost set up a birdie on 10, and a good one on 11. Good tee shot on 12.

Just has to feel like IΒ really throw it fast.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 6:

Worked on grip today. Been feeling like left hand starts in fingers and slides into palm, so I hit about 60 balls with a 5-iron, gripping in my fingers as tight as I could while swinging full speed, and then checking to see if grip slipped into palm. Think I made some progress on this, or at least I have some hot spots in new places on my left hand fingers.

Also did a bit of priority piece work with 7-iron, sort of as a cool down from the grip work.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 629: Went to the range really early this morning to avoid the heat. Still working on the same pieces.Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 263 - Practiced bunker shots today and the sand trap of a pitch and putt in the area. The one bunker on the PnP is pretty much as hard as the bunkers on my home course, so it a realistic session.Β 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour orΒ Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag;Β Shot Scope X5;Β True LinkswearΒ 

Day 4: 7/19/2022

Spent a great deal of time at the range today with my driver. Worked on my set up, which still feels really foreign. Worked on my priority pieces, and swing path. By the end of the session it started to feel less terrible.Β 

• Administrator

Day 260, July 19, 2022

Played 18 at Allegheny Country Club with Natalie. She has the West Penn Women's Am here the next few days.

Day 35 (19 Jul 22)Β - Wedge swings today in the backyard.Β  Focus was on engaging bounce using the Eye2 wedges for Gap and Lob and Eye2+ for the Sand (has a totally sole different profile).Β  Kept shots to no more than 30 yds, i.e. working on greenside wedge shots to land pin close, varying the flight by the type of clubΒ  used.Β Β 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 135.Β  Had aΒ greatΒ match play round, lots of fun.Β  I didn't quite stick to my game plan.Β  I didn't want to let my opponent win on a net bogey, but I did on two holes... both long par-3s, where I should have had the advantage.Β  I also had a really bad mental mistake -- I had a 12 foot birdie putt on the par-4 14th, my opponent was in for a 6 net 5.Β  I thought "hey, I can three putt this and still win the hole."Β  Not only is that wrong, but what the heck?Β  I ended up three putting for a push and ended up losing 1 down on the final green.

Strokes gained for the day, using 10 handicap benchmark.Β  Yeah.Β  I know it's a glaring error.Β  Putting this here for anyone who wonders why I put so much time into puttingΒ 

image.png.f5c93730ea8117945dc3beb755252b04.png

Edited by Shindig
format

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

Day 7:

Did more finger grip practice and then some priority piece work with 7-iron.Β 

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1