IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 656: Finally got around to getting the Pro package for my MEVO Plus. It was on sale at $800. Took some driver data to go along with my current priority piece work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My hitting net should be here today or Monday. I hit balls every day when I'm into golf. I'm into golf again. I always practice more than I play.

In the next year I expect to get a launch monitor as well. 

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Day 295 - Did putting practice today on my PuttOUT mat using the mirror and gate set at 3' in front of the ball. Today, I used my Edel "The Brick". For the last couple of rounds, I've used a Scotty Cameron Newport which I had fitted a few years ago. I made a significant change to my putting style 2-years ago (going to the Claw grip, among other things) and stopped using the putter. My problem now that I've moved back to a more Faxon/Utley approach is that my aim seems to be off.  Will work on the practice green with a couple of different putters. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 67 (20 Aug 22) - a day at the beach, hitting the 9i in the giant sand pit called the beach.  Light rain last night packed the sand so I could pick as well as full splashes.  Really like the challenge of less than perfect lies (foot prints, fried eggs, hard pack, etc.) 

Edited by WillieT
Spelling

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 292, August 20, 2022

Hit some shots after lessons and before Behrend tryouts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 34: 8/20/2020

Today was swing path day. Worked on swing path in the garage and in front of a mirror. I only hit a very small number of actual balls. And I hit those into the net in my garage. I'm trying to ingrain a swing path that goes with the move I'm trying to ingrain with my lower body. ... Or I probably should describe it as a move I'm trying to uningrain or eliminate. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, WillieT said:

Day 67 (20 Aug 22) - a day at the beach, hitting the 9i in the giant sand pit called the beach.  Light rain last night packed the sand so I could pick as well as full splashes.  Really like the challenge of less than perfect lies (foot prints, fried eggs, hard pack, etc.) 

The real challenge would have been to hit a shot while the ocean waves were crashing in over your ball.  Otherwise, that's a great place to practice sand shots.  Just don't hit the guy on the beach towel working on his tan.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The real challenge would have been to hit a shot while the ocean waves were crashing in over your ball.  Otherwise, that's a great place to practice sand shots.  Just don't hit the guy on the beach towel working on his tan.

Or your wife who is reading in her beach chair! 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 13:

Did some indoor camera work on backswing with mid-iron (not sure if 6 or 7), and then hit some almost golf balls with driver, and then some short game practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 26: Simulated round at Harbor Town, followed by hack motion wrist training. I also spent about 20 minutes before the round practicing pre-set pump drills. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

I was exhausted yesterday, and that led into today a bit, and when I had time this morning, I felt I wouldn't get much out of hitting balls and practicing when exhausted seems like a recipe to make matters worse.  So I did something else that I believe will serve me better than actually hitting balls.  At some point, I think we should get a ruling about whether golf-specific workouts and/or golf-specific (or focused) stretching counts towards this challenge or not.

Day 167.  I did several of the dynamic stretches from Fit for Golf, despite that I wasn't going to hit balls or work out today otherwise.  I did the "golf club assisted warm-ups" -- which incidentally is also one I did on days 2 & 3 of my club championship last weekend rather than hitting a bucket of range balls before those rounds. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Got my net yesterday and started hitting into it. Bashed 5-irons until I got my timing back on track.
I'm going to hit woods into it today, this morning before it rains.  I'll call this day 2 but I've been hitting balls daily (nearly) since the end of July.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Day 296 - practiced 10-yard (carry) wedge shots from different lies in my yard today. Hit about 30 balls working on low, medium and high trajectories. Focused on making good contact and noticing the energy needed to carry 10-yards with each different trajectory. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 68 (21 Aug 22) - Mirror work today focused on grip position at setup, then checking club face position at P2 and P6.  Also made abbreviated swings from P6.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 14:

Played 18, had one of my best days off the tee in recent memory, hit driver especially well, and ball striking overall was solid, so happy with that. Had a stretch of 4 holes where I was +10, otherwise mostly a low event round. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 35: 8/21/2022

My right elbow was kind of aching all day so I took it easy today. I just did putting work on the indoor mat. 

Basically I did the three exercises from Day 15 of the Covid-19 30 day challenge. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 168.  While dinner was in the oven, I went to my indoor golf practice room to hit a dozen slow six irons.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 27: Today was a simulator round (Sand Hills), some launch monitor work, and some HackMotion work. I had a good, consistent path today but struggled with face angle. The hack motion eventually sorts this out, but I'm still struggling mightily with a shut face on wedge and short iron shots. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert