IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1: Played 9 at Jamestown today. Decent 9 hole course. Played okay with no pain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 185.  I had a short session (only one, a dozen balls) before heading out for the day.  I'm getting better at the slow backswing when I focus on it, but it does slip.  I guess the story is that I need to practice how to practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 85 (07 Sep 22) - Continued the drills from the past few days, only today I hit the driver and 3w instead of the 7i.  Getting more at ease with the stronger grip and overall setup. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1-4 30 days practice drills and hit some foam practice balls. Should have called it a bit earlier, lost all the balls in the dark rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Day 310, September 7, 2022

Hit some balls before lessons and after doing some GEARS updates and work downtown today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51, 9/7/2022

I had to travel today. So I got in my garage and hit balls into the net first thing this morning. Basically I worked on my priority pieces with a 7 and a 5 iron. Kept it simple today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 44 (9/7/22): Today was playing only, simulator round, after a warm up (still too rainy to play when I was free today). It was a very good striking round, hitting 9 greens and only 1 double bogey. I played National Golf Links, and the sim had it set up with very fast greens; hit the first green and had a 21 footer which I promptly putted 20 feet by and off the green. Anyway, striking is better. Launching the driver much better, much less dispersion, no smothers.  

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Day 314 - 9 to 3 swings with 8i and driver; about a dozen AlmostGOLF balls each, off a tee (low for the 8i) in the yard focusing on getting to a good impact position with weight left. Based on video I took last week showing not much weight shift on the front leg, I tried to exaggerate the feeling. Will film again (and hopefully post) after a few more reps of this drill. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 2 - Went to the range at NK. First I worked on my PP with 6 iron and driver with slower swings. Focused on having the back of my left hand flat and facing the target at impact and continuing that feeling after impact. I also spent extra time on setup for each swing.

Then I moved on to a quadrant drill to keep the swing in to out. Did this with driver only.

Finished with working on my process for each shot. Picture landing area and flight, then focus on the ball, set up and execute. Scored each shot 1 point if I did it correctly and 0 if I didn’t. Did 7/10 with driver, 7/10 with 7 iron, 4/10 with wedge and 7/10 with chipping. My aim is to get to 90% for all.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 311, September 8, 2022

Practiced for almost 30 minutes downtown today after a lesson was canceled and my next one was late. 😉 Backswing is okay. Right elbow has to extend a bit more, have to MOVE the club from the top a bit more.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 86 (07 Sep 22) Played 18 today with a good friend who’s visiting from Tenn on one of the better courses in the area. Had one of the best ball striking days on the course in a while. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 45 (9/8/22): I was feeling a bit sore this morning as I didn't sleep long...I kept practice simple. I spent about 30 minutes total. First was pitching and chipping. My chips had been getting very sloppy, stabbing at it and drop kicking them. I worked on chips clipping the ball first, and a little on pitches using the bounce. Then I did 10-15 minutes of Kwon step drills and low speed, finishing up hitting about 8-10 pitches with a gap wedge using the Kwon drill motion feel. 

JP Bouffard

Day 3: Practiced again today with no pain from yesterday. Did a similar start with slow swing drills. Then did a simulated round focusing on process and scored myself. Finished with chipping and putting. For putting, I used my tempo app to refresh my putting rhythm. Playing tomorrow.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 52, 9/9/2022

Found a driving range in Illinois this morning. I went to the Terra Cotta Golf Academy. Got to hit balls off grass, something that is not possible on my local driving range. I worked on my priority pieces with first the 6 iron, then the hybrid and finally with the driver. I then hit balls with my 54 wedge to a couple of different targets. I finished on the practice green (which by the way, is beautiful) working on short putts. I started with the 10 balls around the hole in a 3 foot circle. Did that until I hit all 10 in a row. (took me 2 tries) then the same thing at a 6 foot circle, did that until I made 8 out of ten (took me 4 tries). Finally I did the 10 balls in a 10 foot circle. Did that once and made 6 of 10. Then I had to get back on the road. 

Over all I had a good practice session. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 315 - 9-hole league ended tonight with a scramble by teams. My team won the league championship and came in second in the scramble. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 312, September 9, 2022

Played nine holes after a brief warmup at the range. Eight pars, one bogey, no balls left.

Day 46 (9/9/22): Today I practiced chipping and pitching with foam balls. I was just hitting them too poorly, and needed to focus on the motion without the anticipation of the hit. Doing this for about 15 minutes allowed me to get my rhythm and pattern a little better. I followed this with maybe  5-6 balls. Next I worked on transition drills at different speeds, with no ball, then foam balls, and then a few real balls. I did the drills with a lob wedge first and then a 4 iron. 

JP Bouffard

Day 87 (09 Sep 22) Played 18 with my good friend fr Tenn and my son.  Made a really big mental error on the course, play around the green was off today and tried to make adjustments.  Really made that part of the game distracting until we were about 1/3 of the way into the back 9.  A not so good day in course management. 

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star