IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 32 - Dry reps at home working on setup arm position.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4, Hit about 30 balls (really 20 after warm up) an hour before heading off to dinner with the family. Full swing work. Fling and catch the club for the backswing. Feel hands stop and the hands down to right pocket. Also did about 10 minutes of pitching. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 90 (26 May 23) - Played Cypress Landing with son, niece’s hubby and family friend.  Was a struggle to keep a solid swing rhythm in as we were in accordion mode the entire round.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 207, May 26, 2023

Spent a good hour up at the WW range after lessons. Could have done it inside, but… it was a nice day out. Did a decent job:

• Cup the left wrist going back.
  • Drop or throw the club behind me without going into too much palmar flexion.
  • Rotate as much as I want.

The second part is the issue right now. I can hit HUGE hooks that start straight. I can hit little tiny fades or straight-ish balls. I'm working on matching up the face and path to be open enough to the target while the path is far enough right to draw it back. Without being the straight-hooks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 64: 5/26/23

Stack Neural training after a long day at work. Finished at 111 mph which is a slight decline during this max speed session. Didn’t do the Wright balance exercises prior to training and I could tell the difference.  

Day 37: Just played putt putt with my son. Was working on making sure my set up was good. Shot -9, so I guess it was. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 7:

Worked on sequencing stuff with 6 iron. Mostly rehearsals of a feel while cooking dinner on the grill, and then a few balls afterward. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 65: 5/27/23

Two hours of practice attempting to beat the rain this morning. Full swing practice for an hour with new Tour Velvet +4 standard grips. A little more ball movement than I am used to but my swing has more club head rotation, and it was windy. I hit several drives at 109-110, so the Stack training appears to be working. My pre-Stack swing was 104-105.

plenty of chipping with better results than I have been having and finished with the Stack beta putting app. I gained strokes in this second instance after making 9/18 putts. Was hoping for a comprehensive analysis after 2 sessions but one was not available.

Day 5

Worked on short game, refreshed Aimpoint and did some putting drills.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 60: May 27

Golf lesson followed by range practice. Golf swing is still a little too out-to-in, but it’s not terrible and if I focus on the path I can make it neutral. Also looked at driver: my “miss” right (and this is after work on the range) is being caused by an excessive out-to-in swing. The club face is slightly open in relation to target line, but it’s wide open in relation to the club path. At least I think that’s what’s happening. We spent time chatting about ball flight and what affects it; I’m seeing my coach again tomorrow and will be continuing on this theme to understand what’s happening.

But my driver swing focusing on smooth tempo seems to result in a controlled fade (or close enough for my current golf standard). If I try to swing quickly, I lose control of the swing path. But I was terrified of my driver 6+ months ago…so this is progress!

Day 18. Worked on my pieces and tempo today with a 6 iron. I have a tendency to speed up and get short on the course. I got the Tour Tempo app and used that. I read the book years ago. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 91 (27 May 23) - As much as I wanted it to happen, the Captain's Choice Tourney I was to play in was postponed to mid-June due to rain.  Opted to take the off day, to focus on mirror work focused on working to keeping the hips from stalling out.  After rain slowed to a light mist, got in the backyard to rehearse the drill hitting some easy pitches with the PW.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 38: Played 18. Had two bad driver shots that cost me, otherwise played well.  

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 33 - Pitch shots in the yard to a target. Distance ranged 20-40yds.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

Day 208, May 27, 2023

Anniversary! #18. Hit some balls before a bunch of morning lessons. Was going to play (practice) at WW, but I showed up, sat on the first hole (#10 in May) for 20 minutes, still had at least five more minutes to wait, and went home and mowed the lawn instead.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/27/23: Day 1

Played 36 Holes today. I’m finding my course management, Game Planning has helped me to score better as of recently. I’m hitting the ball decently so I’m scoring better because of that as well.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 3: hit some balls into the net. Stance is starting to feel more natural. Working on feeling like my arms/hands just go up and come back down with my body turning them into position.