IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 17: Did mirror work today. Worked on checking and cleaning things up in the backswing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 1 (21 Jun 23) - Somehow missed  yesterday's post, so starting over again today.  Played (walked) the front nine at Minnesott with son while his son was at jr golf camp.  Hit some decent drives, struggled on the chipping, pitching.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 34. Filmed my practice this afternoon. Focused on my priority piece and backswing with 7 iron and driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 29, June 21st 2023

Ok, what was one positive about this range session. I figured out the feel for my posture. It’s feeling like I have near zero knee bend (they don’t) and my weight is way more towards my toes. This gets my hips over my ankles. That’s it. Will regroup for tomorrow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have found that I don't really need to practice.  I shoot mid 70's whether I practice or not.  Many times I'll just walk out to the first tee, do a little stretching and then just hit it straight down the middle.   That's what I do on my first shot on the range so why not just do it on the golf course.  Same with putting.  It's not like I don't know how to putt or am so lame that I can't figure out how a putt breaks.  If you really think about it, practice and range time before a round probably does more damage than good.  I find that I play best when I do neither.  I've won several club championships and many other important events so I know what I'm talking about.  

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, famousdavis said:

I have found that I don't really need to practice.  I shoot mid 70's whether I practice or not.  Many times I'll just walk out to the first tee, do a little stretching and then just hit it straight down the middle.   That's what I do on my first shot on the range so why not just do it on the golf course.  Same with putting.  It's not like I don't know how to putt or am so lame that I can't figure out how a putt breaks.  If you really think about it, practice and range time before a round probably does more damage than good.  I find that I play best when I do neither.  I've won several club championships and many other important events so I know what I'm talking about.  

Cool! Thanks for sharing day 1 of your 5 minutes daily practice challenge! Totally on topic!

Day 57 - Two range sessions today, made quite a good bit of progress in the second one with driver, lining up a bit right and feeling an in to out club path makes a straight shot who woulda thought!?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Day 2: 6/21/2023

Played my Wednesday Night League tonight. Shot a disappointing 45. I had to take three-from-the-tee 3 times. 

On one hole I had to go back and take 3 off the tee, because I'm pretty darn sure some drunk dudes played my ball. 😖

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, famousdavis said:

I have found that I don't really need to practice. .... That's what I do on my first shot on the range ... I find that I play best when I do neither.  

I'm sorry. I'm a little confused. Do you go to the range or do you not go to the range?

If you go to the range, isn't that practice? 

Or do you only not "practice" before a round? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 233, June 21, 2023

Played a few holes with a gal during a playing lesson. Just irons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18: Range night! Went and worked on fixing my backswing. Took about 5 minutes to get it into a better spot. Spent the rest of the time just trying to ingrain that feel, but it’s going to take more time. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 10: Jun 21

Drills at home, working on shallowing the club then rotating through whilst closing the clubface.

Day 35. Worked on driver this morning and finally made some progress with path. I filmed it and will post in My Swing thread tomorrow.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2 (22 Jun 23) - got invited to play front 9 again this morning at Minnesott with my son (last day of jr golf camp for grandson).  We went out as a trio as an old friend joined in.  Walked the nine and had a good round comparing our varied skilled and not as skilled areas of our individual games….

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

20 hours ago, klineka said:

Cool! Thanks for sharing day 1 of your 5 minutes daily practice challenge! Totally on topic!

Day 57 - Two range sessions today, made quite a good bit of progress in the second one with driver, lining up a bit right and feeling an in to out club path makes a straight shot who woulda thought!?

You're welcome!  I just go out to the course and play well whether I practice or not.  I don't know if I've told you this before but I've won our club championship more than once.  One of the cool things about that is getting the coveted club champion parking space.  Not to mention that admiration of the members and staff.  Tiny, the nickname of one of our rather rotund groundskeepers, is always calling me "Champ" or "Boss".  He'll say "Hey Boss, you gonna' tee it up today and take their money?".  Then he'll let out that big belly laugh and just walk back into the maintenance shed.  I get a kick out of old Tiny.  

Day 30, June 22nd, 2023

Went to the range and worked on keeping the backswing shorter. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: