IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12: 6/22/23

Stack Neural training at max speed. 104 and 114 e-speed, which matched my high. Did Dr. Kwon rope training and Wright balance training prior to Stack session.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3: 6/22/2023

Went to the range with my son again today. Spent about 15 or 20 balls working on my priority pieces with both the 6 iron and the driver. Then I spent the rest of the time letting my son pick out targets for me and trying to hit a ball close to it. The targets ranged from 40 yards to 250 yards and were spread all the way across the range. Good times. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, famousdavis said:

You're welcome!  I just go out to the course and play well whether I practice or not.  I don't know if I've told you this before but I've won our club championship more than once.  One of the cool things about that is getting the coveted club champion parking space.  Not to mention that admiration of the members and staff.  Tiny, the nickname of one of our rather rotund groundskeepers, is always calling me "Champ" or "Boss".  He'll say "Hey Boss, you gonna' tee it up today and take their money?".  Then he'll let out that big belly laugh and just walk back into the maintenance shed.  I get a kick out of old Tiny.  

Can you please stay on topic? If you want to brag about how good you are you are more than welcome to start your own topic to discuss that. But not in this topic.

Day 58 - Made significant progress with driver, ball speed is way up since I'm delivering the club better, my last 3 swings today with range balls carried 299.2, 300.4, and 295.1.  Best part was no push slices.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Administrator

Day 234, June 22, 2023

Took the Internet down from Golf Evolution 2.0 in preparation to move it tomorrow to 3.0. Then… did some mirror work in the GEARS area, which I'll take down this weekend or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 19: Mirror work. Ingraining backswing feels more.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 11: Jun 22

Golf lesson followed by drills. I’m continuing to develop a more neutral clubpath with longer clubs and demonstrating better clubface control (both good). But worked to get a better set of ‘checkpoints” during my swing: club parallel to ground; right palm parallel to ground at the top of the swing; what feels like a forearm rotation through impact (I need to check my understanding on this). All this means better control of the club - I could use a neutral grip with a 3-wood and still close the clubface. 

Day 4: 6/23/2023

Went to the range again today with my son. We had fun hitting balls under the covered part of the range as rain streamed down pretty hard.

Started by working on my priority pieces with the 6 iron and the driver. Need to spend some more time hitting the start line with the driver. The ball flight looks really good, but I don't always start it on line. The irons are coming along nicely, although my miss (especially with the short irons) is to over draw them. 

We finished, as has become our habit, where my son picks out targets for me to try to hit. We added an additional clause today where for the last 6 balls he picks six targets between 80 and 200 yards away. If I can hit all 6 balls close to those targets we go to Graeter's (ice cream parlor). I told him we have to be hard on me. I have to hit them close for it to count. ... I hit 4 of the 6 close enough. ... No Graeter's today. Maybe next time. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 31, June 22nd, 2023

Went to the range at lunch. Worked on keeping the swing shorter. Found some good success. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 12: Jun 23

Takeaway/backswing drill swings. Lots of practice swings, setting the club correctly at the top of the back swing. So many in fact I’ve long lost count…

Day 59 - Did The Stack programming, felt better than expected considering how sore I was. Speeds weren't much off from normal, I expected them to be quote a bit down so I'll take it. 

Day 3 (23 Jun 23) - Reinjured the grafted skin (blister / tear of the paper thin skin) on the bottom of left foot due to the two consecutive days of walking nine, so today worked on some easy swings in the backyard.  Set up an alignment rod to keep the lead hip against and made 1/4 Len the swings w/6i working to keep weight forward and not reverse pivoting. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 36. Busy day but I did get to spent a few minutes on my feels.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 13: Jun 24

Range practice, working on improved backswing positioning. Results generally positive; a more controlled fade shape with driver/3-wood. Felt like there was less “cut” going on. There’s still some poorer shots, but that’s why we practice. 

Since then it’s been more takeaway drills (will be doing more later in the day).

Day 32, June 24th, 2023

Worked on short game and putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 60 - Played 18 holes this morning. Best driving day of my life, 10/13 fairways with nearly every drive going 275+ and it was basically all carry due to a bunch of rain yesterday. Really pleased I was able to take feelings/swing thoughts from the range to the course that quickly.