IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day  96

Heavy rain today.  So limited to setting out the putting mat and working on putts from 6'.  I am comfortable from 2 & 4'; 6' needs work. But as I am trapped indoors for now,I will continue on for 10-15 minutes perhaps for 1 or more sessions in the next few hours.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 37.  Miserable rainy day in Southern California, but that didn't stop be from hitting 30 pitch shots (gap wedge) in my practice area. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 287

Played the par 73 muni in Blythe CA this morning. Shot an 86 with 32 putts. Nice course for the area. Two par 5s in the first 3 holes gets you going. 

I almost didn't play since the parking lot was pretty crowded. Went in to just check it out, and found out a marriage was going to take place. The course was not busy at all. 

Played with guy new to me. A snow bird from up north.  He was one of those guys who likes to give swing tips to others. Nice old guy. He was correct in one aspect of my swing. I don't use my hips correctly. He didn't know about the restrictive repair jobs done on my hips.  He shot an 89. Good match, with good conversation. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 5, October 14

Played 9 then later worked on priority piece hitting into my net. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 17

Indoor chipping practice in my hallway. Working on getting a better feeling for the boll trajectory when chipping with different clubs, mainly 7 iron and 56 and60 degree wedges. 

Day 97:

Good day with my hybrids and driver and GX7. 20 hits with each.

Driver was between 210 and 235 off the tee. Only one slice; but not too bad.  GX7  was more accurate, but about 10 yards shorter than driver. No shots wildly off line.  These two are getting consistent.  Will be taking it to a course this week.

All of the hybrids met expectations. 4h got the longest plays with the 5h only slightly less.  My 7i/w not only met what I wanted for the beast in terms of yardage, but I was getting great loft from both the mat and off the tee. I did have one shot of the mat though, with this beast that was a low lift off.  Basically 6' or so above the ground.  Still 150 in the air and great roll to the green I was aiming for.  This shot would have been very deadly for anyone or any thing, such a Sasquatch that might have been in the fairway.

I did also use my 50º as a warm-up club aiming for about 75 yards.  Distance and aim were ok; although I was more focused on making sure my hips and shoulders felt good.  Only 8 swings with this one.

images.png

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 253 - October 14, 2018 - Played nine holes in a scramble with @NatalieB. Shot 34 on aerated greens with wet turf (cart path only) from the white tees at Whispering Woods. Only had to scramble once, and that was from 25 feet away and the putt was only four feet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 325   Spent about an hour on the putting green at Legacy Golf Club... worked with the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback on my skill in starting the ball on line...  a work in progress.   Then did a Tour Square Putting Drill, where you set up tees at four points around the hole.  The first set of tees is at 3 feet.  You have to make 3 putts in a row from each point.  If you miss at that point you track the miss and have to start over from that point only until you make 3 in a row.  After doing this from 3 feet, you repeat it at 4 and 5 feet.  To make it tougher I chose a pin location with a lot of break.  I missed 4 putts total.

Then I headed over to the chipping/bunker area to continue working on my chipping technique...with my 7 drills.  I spent a couple of hours there, however, I was interrupted when I heard some swishing noise behind me.... I turned and saw a 3-4 foot alligator about 10 feet away from me... it was walking down the cart path!!!   It left and I continued on... :-)

Alligator visiting.JPG

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 4: Mirror work again. Ensuring that I have that feeling from A1 to A2 down so I can keep the club where I want it. Still working on the feeling from A2-A4 to keep the club steeper. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 38.  30 pitch shots (back to A3 and then through about the same amount), focusing on setup, 52 degree wedge, in my practice area. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 6, October 15

Mirror work at the gym focusing on low hands at A6 and smooth tempo.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 288

Just some full swing flop shots this morning. That's all the room I had available to work with. I used my LW for my version of the "drop & stop" shot. About 15-20 yards. 

For me, except for putting, this is the easiest shot in my bag. I aim the open club face square to my target. I open my stance a little. Ball position is pretty much in the center of my stance, before I open it. Then I just basically swing (throw) the club head down, and under the ball with full follow through.. I use different irons for different, full swing distances. 

It's a good shot to have for getting over hazards, and getting on to raised greens. I even have a "mini" flop I can use when the hole is cut close, I am on the fringe, and can't putt, due to irrigation stuff in my way. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 98

Sort of a return to what I did yesterday. Also added the 9i.

Good loft, and good bite when I finished on the greens.I was aiming for. 

Driver and GX7 were generally on line; the very few slices I hit ended up as "slightly right" as opposed to unsignaled right turns. Will hit the TopTrack later this week.

Day 31:

played 12 holes in a 4 man scramble before we were rained out. Hit the ball well off the tee mostly. Used my tee ball on 10 of 12 holes. Blocked a lot of irons. Wedge game was hit then cold. Putting kinda sucked. 

• Administrator

Day 254 - October 15, 2018 - Putting while watching a PGA teaching seminar for points.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets