IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 54.  I had two separate 10 minute full-swing session with my 6-iron, working on my priority piece (setup and backswing related) slowly.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 486:

Did some work on backswing priority piece, slowly and without balls in the mirror at first, and then outside hitting some balls at what felt like 50% speed, and then up to full speed for the last 5 balls.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 101 (17 Apr 21) - while at the beach place, decided to go to the local driving range that rents clubs (well old - I mean first generation metal woods w/steel shafts).  On the top row the had an old TaylorMade Burner 9.5 deg driver that had maybe a 300cc head w/graphite shaft. Worked on setup and overall shot sequence.  Most shots were slight fades - purposely worked on getting the ball to draw.  Was a good session of relaxed work....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 6 - April 17, 2021

Started the day with a short range session about 45 min working on my key priorities and how I want to attack today’s round. Settled in to my swing and headed to putting green for about 20 min. Focus on strong grip and bringing the left down and under. Downswing - keep club back longer and head down. Had a decent round of 89. Irons and fairway shots were much improved with the swing changes. Thank you, Kris, if you’re on here. My worst part of my game today was my putting (arg... I need to fix this). Leaving way too many strokes on the course in this part of my game. I may need to do an Evolvr session on putting. Oh well... a work in progress. 

Dave

Day 188: Worked a bit on Key 3 with short swings. Then worked on center face contact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 16 (4/17/21) -  Reviewed Day-1 Early Backswing drills and tried chipping outdoors; watched Trail Elbow video (30-Day -Day 3) and did drills.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 487:

Did some work on backswing priority piece of lead shoulder rotating down and back, and feeling like my shoulder rotation is moving the arms, no hands involved. Hit some balls using as slow a swing as possible while still being able to make a well synced motion.

Also did a little bit of pitching practice.

-Peter

Day 55.  Played 18 holes today with friends.  Shot an 87, despite 10 GIR.  I also made two par saves on near-GIR.

The good news is, I'm no longer surprised when I make a 6' or 8' putt on the course.

The bad news is, I do still miss more than I should of short putts. 

But there's some progress being made. 

GIRs included 7, 8, not 9 (it's a long par-4, I have minimal chance to GIR it anyway), 10, 11, 12, 13, near-GIR on 14, made it on 15.  That's a darn good run.  The near-GIR on 14 was a 6-iron in, had perfect 6-iron distance to a back pin with wind hurting and went about two yards over the green (and not just on top of the pin), had 15 yard pitch and made the save. 

really really really want to unload my GG round and see how things fell, but I think we know.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 189: Range work. Started with short swings with 7 iron to help my set up and do a little Key 3 work. Then worked on center-face contact with PW, 8 iron, 6 iron, 4H and driver with respect to set up. Finished with short game work, chipping, pitching and sand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 488:

Played 18 working with lead shoulder backswing feel. Much better than last week, but a few stinkers in the round that were costly.

-Peter

Day 56.  Went to a real putting green to practice 6' putts for half an hour.  First drill (around the clock, 6', 12 coins) took me 37 putts, slightly worse than 1-for-3.  😞 Second time doing the drill (different hole), 29 putts, slightly better than .400.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 17 (4/18/21) - Busy day, so I only got in a little shipping practice (Orange Whip Wedge and SW) making 7 and 15-yard chips. I mainly focused on contact....hitting the ball first so I got that "click" sound. I also made some full swings with my 6-hybrid an 7-iron focusing on stable head and weight forward.

• Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 7 - April 18, 2021

Went to Indians/Reds game with my daughter today. Tribe wins... yeah! A lot of pitching going on there, so took the evening to work some pitches using the Covid practice plan pitch drill (pun intended). 🤗

additionally... added work on alternating between pitches and chips at different distances. Finished off with swing flow drill and slow motion swings on priority points keeping tilt on backswing and down and under. 

Dave

Day 102 (18 Apr 21) - While walking the beach today, I took the 9i (one of several I keep at the beach place) along with a couple of old golf balls and took to the giant sand trap, aka the beach.  Worked on all types of lies in sand - from fluff-n-stuff to hard pack to fried eggs to buried in the foot prints (well the last is not something you usually see at the course).  In each, thought about what I wanted to accomplish - for example with the fried egg, I was looking to not let the lie intimidate but rather be an opportunity to get the ball up and out.  For others such as the hard pack, which would be like on a course just after rain and it has not been raked out, it was to pick the ball relatively clean.  This drill also included focusing on my position as it related to the lie of the ball.  All in all a good way to take a walk on the beach while getting some real "sand" time in....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 1 - got back from vacation late last night. Restarting. 

Did some grip work based on the most recent video posted by Iacas. I currently have mid-sized grips and will be transitioning to standards, that may help some. Did a feel swings with 9i into net while working on that. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 18 (4/19/21) - Hit a small bucket of balls on the range today, mostly the 5SK "Hips preset" and "Gate" drills with a 7-iron and 6-hybrid. The results were mixed, but generally OK. Then hit a couple of drivers and wedges. This is my first time hitting balls since hurting my back a week ago, so I took it easy and am feeling OK. My current thinking is that it will be another week until I can get back to playing, however, but so far so good.