DAY 124   Spent 3 hours on the putting green making 100 putts from 2, 4 and 6 feet as part of the 10,000 Putt Challenge and did a lot of random putts of 30 feet plus working on distance control.  Then spent 2 3/4 hours on the range doing motions drills from my GGGA Workbook... focused on staying in posture throughout swing and downswing sequence.  I am exhausted.  Now time for dinner!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for 2018! Please read as the rules have changed! Yes, for all of 2018! I'm changing it up. Rather than do this monthly, we're going to hav

3/31/18: Day 365: The post you've all been waiting for.  I did some more work with my A4 to A5 drills. I know it seems like it's monotonous and stupid... But yesterday after I posted I

Well I'm at 276 consecutive days. 1/1/18: I did my path drill indoors today. For those of you who don't know what this is, it involves 2 to 4 water or soda bottles a club and a foam ball. I

Posted Images

Day 6

March 24, 2018

20 minutes putting 3-6 feet working on aim stance and stroke.

Today I used the 3 foot steel ruler at 6 feet to work on starting the ball on line, while also working on stroke, then removed the ruler and tried to repeat the setup, aim, and stroke.

3/25/18:

Day 359:

Putted for about 10 minutes this morning working on read, bead, and speed from 10 feet or so. I also continued my P5 drill and did about 5 minutes of my path drill with the water bottles.

Six more days. Until 1 year.

Morning Workout

45 minutes elliptical machine intervals

Circuit weight training machines 2x10

18 holes of golf at Alondra golf course Par 3

Post Golf Cool down

30 minutes indoor spinning as a recovery.

Drank a protein shake.

Plan on doing same routine Sunday. I am on Spring break for the week. That is one of the benefits of being a public school teacher......vacations 

DAY 125     Spent 2 1/2 hours plus on the range -- using Motion Drills from my GGGA Workbook.  Focused on remaining in my posture throughout the swing and the downswing sequence.  Then played 6 holes before heading home for dinner.  I was 1 under par for the six holes, hit all six greens in regulation... and a couple of putts lipped out or the score would have been better.   Before I went out I spent 30 minutes working through drills on my KPlayer (posture at address, half way back, top of backswing and impact).

Day 84

Easy day in the wind. Spent time on the putting green.  Mostly 5' putts, with a few longer ones thrown in there. Only used one ball, dropping it in different areas, for different pins. Used one ball for simulated course. play.

Focus was on reading the green for the shot at hand. I made it a point to have more breaking putts, than the straight ones. That is if there is such a thing as a straight, longer putt. Most of my breaking putts missed on the high side. Two even dropped in from the top side of the hole. 

One pin gave me fits. One of those if you try to make it, and miss, you wind up having a longer putt than before. Sometimes even from off the green. This was really a 2 putt hole, with first putt just to get close, without rolling away. .

• Administrator

Day 51 - March 25, 2018 - Top Golf for an hour. First time. Had a good time… after I figured out how much shorter the balls go (15% is a reasonable estimate).

Day 85.

Just some warm up range work prepping for 8:30 tee time. Focus is on hitting chosen landing areas with various irons. Easy swings

Going to do something different today. I'm playing with 3 old friends. I am going to play all irons. 2 - LW. There will be a driver in my bag, but don't intend to use it. Just a fun round. Expect to break 90....just barely.

Day 7 (yesterday 3/25/18)

No post-just to keep up with where I am.

Day 8

3/26/18

5 minutes putting 3-6 feet.

5 minutes of practice swings, working on keys 1-3, focus on inline impact.

3/26/18:

Day 360:

More work today with my P4 to P5 drill. Mostly making sure my trail elbow is close to my body as it has been throughout this process.

Five days until 1 year. I have a feeling all hell is going to break loose if I make it to Saturday.

Day 1- back on the daily training. . .

3 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles. Using a swing sequencing version 3 club simulator with a swing speed radar to do the above. will be using this from now on with or without SS monitor.

Morning weight 200.6

Day 1 again due to travel and bad weather. Mirror work at the gym followed by yoga for golf. I really need to get my flexibility back. 

DAY 126   Spent 45 minutes on the range working on downswing sequence and good contact.  The played TPC Prestancia's Players Course from the Blue Tees,   Shot 76!!  Played with two members who were great in coaching me where to hit off the tee, and lots of other course knowledge.  Left  my Game Golf in the car, so will probably post the round tomorrow.  Now for dinner.

Day 2:

20 minutes or so working on tempo and weight forward

Images are from my zepp device and show some of today’s averages and one swing in particular which shows hip rotation

What I was pleasantly surprised about was how consistent those hip rotation numbers were without me paying close attention to it. 

Normally I’m only like 15-20 degrees open when I’m not thinking of it... so this resembles progress in the direction of better habits (knock on wood)

DC9F4385-B5B0-41C3-B4D8-70C0941545E5.png

141822DC-3D86-4A93-95B2-74859631737E.png

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge