IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 254: Worked on my pieces today with 7 iron and driver. It was raining just enough so I couldn’t film, but I worked on the feels as best I could. Started with long backswing drill, then punch drill then combo drill. Finished with some wedge work with my 54.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 129.  I realized on the drive home, my putting practice is all about small sample sizes, which may explain the variance.  Anyway, it took me 32 putts to finish a 6' clock drill, then 14 from 3', then 24 from 4'.  That isn't just longest yard, it's longest foot. 😞 

My plan is to revisit the Covid drill for putting with the tempo app regularly over the next few days;  I am not sure I'll be able to get back to a practice green before Wednesday, but I think doing the Covid drill a few times will help quite a bit.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 552 - July 2, 2021

Hit about 35 balls still working on the backswing. I posted a video toward the middle here:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38, July 2, 2021

I sort of played 36 holes today… In actuality I played 18 under the Rules of Golf and Practiced another 18, GamePlanning for the Club Championship. I found that if I play as I normally play, my GamePlanning needs work, there’s some shots, that I normally play and I’m like what the hell, Shane? That’s the shit. You shouldn’t be starting your shot that way. Anyway I’m pretty set for this weekend… now I just need to execute… even if it is just for a damn online award…

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 10:

More backswing work with LVP camera, some indoor putting with yardstick.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Just saw this thread. At my age (61) and pretty widespread arthritis I need to keep things moving. Any day I don't play or hit the range I make sure I hit at least 100 balls into a net at home. No fancy electronics to actually help me do any analytics there (yet).

Day 88 (7/03/21) - Drizzling today, so I worked inside on slow motion swings and positions with my UW.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 553 - July 3, 2021

Two very bad practice sessions. I slowed down, to the point where at the end of the second one I hit just some 40-yard "chips" with a 54° wedge. I'm fairly certain that it was just a lot of arms, and my body wasn't doing anything. I hit drivers fat, I hit 8I fat, I buried one clubhead in the dirt (after considering it — the soil is soft, and it made me feel better, and I was completely alone on the back of the range).

The good hits were good. But seldom.

I'm playing the next three days, though not tomorrow until 1pm. I may go downtown and do a lot of work/practice in the morning.

Also, of course, did my Stack work today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 39, July 3, 2021

Round 1 Club Championship. GamePlanned well did not execute. Enough said.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 7 (03 Jul 21) - played 18 today.  Focused on being relaxed and not letting bad moments go beyond the moment.  Most likely the most even keeled round in a long time - relaxed gold is the best golf. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 130.  Played today.  hit a bunch of collars, only one green (which I three-putted).  Shot a 91, including an ESC from a pickup.  Not my proudest day.  SG says I only lost 1.6 on short game, but that's a little misleading (I think?) because of a good number of putts from collars -- but I also had two really good short game shots (a 55 yard pitch to 4 feet and an 85 yard shot to 9 feet -- that latter pin was conveniently at the middle of the green).   Putting was only .1 worse than the 25 handicap level (again, with the putts from the collars I think counting as short game not putting). 

Due to holiday plans, I'm not sure I'll get to practice full swing except maybe tomorrow morning.  I don't feel I hit my approach shots all that well today and had some that were downright awful (middle of fairway to a huge miss on several approaches, topped a 4-wood at least twice that I can remember).  I will have to do some outdoor range stuff when I get back from vacation.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 11:

Backswing work with LVP camera. Just a short session before leaving for family event. 

-Peter

Day 131.  Before heading out for a few days (I'm bringing some practice stuff with me, don't worry), this morning I spent ten minutes hitting practice balls (indoors, off a mat, into a net).  I used my 6-iron, back to going slow, making sure I was keeping the picture I worked so hard to change, pretended I was only trying to hit the ball 100 yards when I was swinging, 2-3 rehearsal backswings before making a (SLOW) real swing. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 12:

Played 18, smorgasbord of ok, good, bad, and really bad. Really hope my net arrives soon so I can hit balls at home again. 

-Peter

Day 255: Played nine at a local par 3 with my wife. Focuses on setup and alignment, feet aimed left, face open and aimed right. Worked well. My wife is a lefty and I had her set up similar but opposite. She had her best drive ever, 154 yards to about 20 feet for birdie. Ball flew about 140, which is great for her. 

I birdied the longest par 3, 165, with a chip in and missed the birdie on the other 165 yard hole. Also tried out my new Edels on the course for the first time. They feel a bit longer than my old Edels by about 5 yards.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 89 (7/04/21) - Practiced approach wedge shots (full swing motion) of about 25 yards from the "US Open" style rough which is my current lawn. Paid attention to how the different lies in the rough affected the distance and trajectory. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 8 (04 Jul 21) - Spent some time in the back yard with the 9i working on making solid pitches from varied lies.  Also used three (3) different era golf balls - an old wound Titleist from the 70's, a two piece Rock, I mean Top Flite XL from a number of years back and a more recent Maxfli Softfli.  It was interesting to see the balls fly different distances with the same swing - or as near the same swing as I could repeat.  At the end it was about getting the ball to flight in and stop as near the target point (flagstick) as possible.  Really good exercise on being confident in the shot and not decelerating through the downswing.   

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 40, July 4, 2021

36 holes complete in the Club Championship and it has taken me 27 to find any consistency. The last 9 holes today we’re a glimpse of what I can do on the golf course.

My putter is on vacation this week might as well putt with driver.

What's in Shane's Bag?