IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 65: Did a super speed session. Also worked on my feels for my priority piece in the warm up.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6 - hit on the range for 20 mins working on drawing my hybrid and 5W. 
Worked on steady head with better forward weight transfer with driver. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 8: Putts gained drill before playing 9 holes.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 96. 3/12/2022

day 10/11 of Covid-19 practice plan full swing flow and putting pendulum then driver practice per LSW.

Under construction, signature and game.

Day 512: Cat in the Hat kind of day here. I just worked on backswing and the feel of more hinging at the top.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 140 - More putting practice today.  Spent time working to eliminate a couple of negative tendencies which I've noticed creeping in lately: (i) not finishing the thru swing and (ii) opening my shoulders to much on the thru swing. Started by stroking 6' putts using a ball with a line around the equator until there was little or no wobble, then mirror work to make sure I wasn't opening up. Its amazing how flaws creep in!

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 93 (12 Mar 22) - easy day as left foot is not liking this weather plus it’s wet out today.  Opted to work on putting tempo and getting good alignment to the “cup” on the putting mat.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

day 8 (Saturday 12th - it's past midnight over here when writing this, but I only just got home) : warm-up prior to walking a 9 hole round.. later I gave my clubs to my pro for getting the grips changed, and I took out my blades (which are still way too difficult for me to play on a regular round) and went to the driving range to practice with those.. 
I won't have my regular clubs for a few days, so i will be sticking to practice until I get them back.. 

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 56:

Worked on full swing with 6-iron. Just trying to find a feel or B-swing to advance the ball reliably for tomorrow's round, as I am struggling with current focus piece, and I don't want to lose a dozen balls tomorrow.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 75: 3/12/2022

Did my mirror drills today. The footwork thing. The turn thing. 

Getting ready for my second GEARS session next week. 

I also did the gate drill with the putting mirror just for fun. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 132, March 12, 2022

Barely had time today but made a few motions/moves and got some good work done. Hit some ball-above and ball-below feet stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7 -  snowed here today. - did some slow takeaways with gap wedge inside

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 7.  Twice today, I spent five minutes chipping (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls) for form.  Used my 58 degree.  Hit one almost too high for the net to catch and that reminded me that even short game shots should be practiced slowly when working on mechanics. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 76: 3/13/2022

I've already putted for about 15 minutes this morning. 

I was up before everyone and for what ever reason decided to clean my putting green. Then I did gate drills using the putting mirror for about 15 minutes. 

Ideally, I'll get to the range or hit balls in the garage today too. But we shall see. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

day 9: took my blades to the range and spent a bit over 1 1/2 hours training with them.. first focusing on proper setup and direction (with alignment sticks) going from P to 4-iron and back, then selecting random clubs with about 2 minutes in between shots (to emulate the walking to the ball on the course). I am so glad that we have unlimited balls at the practice range (no need to pay extra, it’s just the admission and I have a full membership anyways).

I also went through each of the drills of the first few days of the covid challenge again. (Tomorrow I will continue with the challenge.)

Lastly I spent about 15 minutes on the putting green, as well as the artificial putting green (around stimp 12 or 13) that we have..

cheers Chris

Day 57:

Played 18 this morning. B-swing was effective, only one penalty stroke, but the ball wasn't lost, I just couldn't reach it in the red staked area. Scoring wasn't great, but I did add a new birdie on the 12th hole, and almost pitched in for birdie on the 14th.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 513: Worked on more hinge at the top on my backswing indoors.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9: 2 full rounds of "putts gained" drill (with two different putters, out of interest).  Then spent some time working on weight forward / hip slide, using plane station, and making sure I bump a stick with my hip.  It was a glorious evening so I thought why not try to fit in a few holes.  However I could feel some bad habits slipping in, so I stopped, and went back to practice.  This time set up the plane station to emulate the plane of my PW, to encourage nice swing path.  Made a *massive* difference.  Hit 20 balls - all but 3 had a lovely draw, and shot dispersion was good.  Collected  the balls, and did the same, this time with the Driver.  Historically I really struggle with the driver - everything I do wrong gets amplified - not enough weight forward, delofting the club, steep swing path, out to in... massive slice and no distance.  The work I've been doing with weight forward has helped, but the combination of that with the swing path that the plane station forced was remarkable.  Even with a half swing I was hitting really lovely shots, again, nice draw/push draw shape, occassional over draw.  Zero slices.  Increased to 75% swing, and still had good results.  Really let rip on the last shot, and it went a long way, with a lovely flight.  Quite remarkable, and encouraging - just need to keep drilling this and make it my normal swing.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1