IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 521: Range today. Worked on flow with several clubs along with other pieces. Also did some longer chips to the short game area.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

day 17: went to the range after work to practice my irons and ended up walking a 9 hole round with a friend who also just came to practice..

Edited by cdh79

cheers Chris

Day 148 - Worked on Pitch and Run shots with my PW and UW today, trying to carry 18-20 or so yards. Since neither the range or putting green at my course are open (for chipping in the case of the putting green) it was in my yard so runout was pretty random. Based on Friday's round, I need work with these shots. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 17:  Long work day today, so didn't get outside, but did manage to spend some time on my putting mat, working on distance control, and experimenting with longer backswing and a more relaxed swing.  Also experimenting with stance width.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Day 84: 03/21/2022

Lots of practice today. Putting drills with and without the putting mirror, with and without gates. 

Chipping ladders in the basement. Used the GW, the 54 and the 60.

Worked on my priority pieces. Did my hip scoop move. Did my hand path move. And I did my take-a-ways bringing my rib into the place my knee used to occupy. 

Lastly I hit some drivers for fun.... but not my driver. My driver is still at Cobra.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 141, March 21, 2022

Did ten minutes after a few lessons with one of my college players watching.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 102 (21 Mar 22) - played 18 with my son today.  Used the round to work on pitches onto the elevated greens (the course was pretty slow, so we could take a few extra shots into to the greens as we worked our way around).  Also worked on the putting routine. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Day 16 - hit into net earlier this evening with 8i working on steady head (centered turn) and taking club back & up

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 65:

Worked on setup and backswing, (focus on right hand grip mostly) while packing an espresso machine for shipping to a new owner.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 16.  After yesterday's embarrassing performance on the green, you know today was putting practice.  I didn't get out to an actual golf course, but I did get to do the ruler drill and... let's say today's evidence points to bead was not the problem.  Like at all.

But I sort of knew speed was an issue yesterday, and that (and some read) are what I do need to practice, and quick (Sunday is qualifier for fourball).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 149 - Practiced partial wedge shots with my 58* today: hip-to-hip (18 yards average) and pocket-to-pocket (26 yards average). Will do more of this work in the yard until I have the different swing lengths down, then head to Trackman to get yardages for my 49*, 54* and 58* wedges. 

I consider my "flighted" swing to be full swing; carry distances (based on Trackman) are 68 yds, 59 yds and 42 yds, respectively. True full swing is about 8 yards longer for each club. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

• Administrator

Day 142, March 22, 2022

Hit some shots (pretty flush) exaggerating the transition/downswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 18: Chipping ladder drill, putts gained drill, and 5 foot and 10 foot drills from Every Shot Counts.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

day 18: couldn't go to the driving range today, so I practiced putting on my mat at home while being in meetings..

cheers Chris

Day 522: Work for a few minutes on my pieces then got MEVO data for the 7 iron. Worked on getting center-face contact with the driver after, which is an issue on my practice platform for some reason.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 17 - hit into net earlier this evening with 7i working on steady head (centered turn) and taking club back & up. Better than yesterday 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 85: 3/22/2022

I had a lot of intentions for practice today. But the real world interfered. I did hit 40 balls at the range. I worked on my priority pieces. But I didn't use my clubs as I didn't have them with me. Instead I used a borrowed driver. It went well. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 103 (22 Mar 22) - Played nine hole best ball today.  Made for some good course management work.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star