IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 615: Wrist felt better today, but I decided to give it one more day. I did work on my pieces with very slow swings with a 6 iron but didn’t hit balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13: 7/3/2022

Used the basement mirrors today. 

Did the old drills, plus the newer ones. 
All the mirror work was with the 7 iron today. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 19 (03 Jul 22) -  Worked on ball impact (ball first, ground second) drill with 8i and hard foam balls today.  Focused on making sure weight was on the lead foot thru impact.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

• Administrator

Day 245, July 3, 2022

Played another 36 with @Hardspoon including a 69 at Tobacco Road. Southern Pines in the morning was as good as ever.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 119.  Another six dozen practice balls, same caveat as yesterday (poor shots -- there were very few today -- got picked up and put back in the hopper, not counting as one of the six dozen).  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.

18 with a 6-iron, step club step club drill, then a little over three dozen full swings with the 6-iron (1-2 rehearsal backswings over the ball, then step back, reset, and full swing).  So many of these went so well, I wonder where these swings were a few days ago.  Maybe the workout today set me up well?  I might feel this in the morning though.  Anyway, the rest were with a 9-iron, several of which were pulled.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 616: Worked on my priority pieces today and filmed a couple of swings to end into Evolvr.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 248 -  Did some driver drills today (from Tyler Ferrell's site): 

9 to 3 with four square - Using an AlmostGOLF ball did 9 to 3 swings with hips at impact preset; the four square grid provides feedback as to swing path. Also did 9 to 3 swings with tees placed about 6" in front of and behind the ball (only used tees for this drill) focusing on brushing all 3 tees. 

Will take these drills to the range tomorrow morning. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 20 (04 Jul 22) - Worked on stance width today using the PW.   With the 1/4 swings for bump and runs, I had the feet right at shoulder width.  Also used an immediate target point in front of the ball to keep the swing coming thru.  Nice up and downs that rolled out nicely.   For the 1/2 swings for more distanced shots, widened the stance to just over shoulder width.   Finished up the drills with some 70yd shots from the neighbor's yard to the backyard target.   Nice baby draws right to the target area.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 120.  Two dozen of the drill (6-iron), then a dozen 7-iron full swings, then speed sticks.  I'll hit more balls later, but there will be a barbecue in between and I don't want to forget to post.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 14: 7/4/2022:

We celebrated my son's birthday today. I only had time for a little bit of mirror work.
I got in 5-10 minutes with my 7 iron. Working on my priority pieces. 

• Administrator

Day 246, July 4, 2022

Played 18 at Mid Pines, then nine at Knollwood. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 168:

Did 10 balls of pre shot routine work before dinner. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 617: Range today. Worked mostly on tempo with a variety of clubs. @Bob M was there doing drills.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 249 - Did 9 to 3 drills with 7i and Driver, then full swing Drivers. For about the first 10 full swing Drivers, I used foot spray on the face to check consistency of strike. Hit five balls (all over the face), cleaned and re-sprayed the face and hit 5 more (much better consistency).  I hit about 10 more Drivers trying to go through my routine and finish the swing with my chest facing the target. All in all was pleased with the results. 

Next hit some Heaven woods, 7i and PW. Finished hitting finesse wedge shots with my SW and LW, working on stock shots with these clubs of about 40 yards and 30 yards, respectively.

On the practice green, I picked a pin about 60 feet away, to which I hit shots (10 for each club) with chipper, SW then LW. For the chipper, I used a "chitch" ("pip") motion, whereas for the wedges I used a finesse motion. I had the best results with the SW, getting 8 of 10 balls to 5' or less, however results with the chipper and LW were generally pretty good too. Finished by hitting putts to a 18" x 18" square (marked by tees) from 15', 30' and 45' to work on speed. 

And as noted above,  @boogielicious was there working through the bag. 

Edited by Bob M
  • Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

Day 21 (05 Jul 22) - played 18 today at Minnesott. Front nine solo (course busy - a lot of start - stop), back nine teamed up with a couple of locals.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Day 15: 07/05/2022

Got to the range today to work on my priority pieces. Felt good today. I find it takes me longer to get loose as I get older, even in this warm weather. Anyway, I actually spent about 90 minutes at the range hitting about 75 balls. Most of which were 6-irons working on my priority pieces. Then I got some driver work in. Basically I hit 5-6 balls and was very pleased. The driver seems solid right now. I hit my start line today and ball was finding its target. So, then I hit one ball with each club in my bag, alternating between a long club then a shorter club and back to a longer one. 

I have league tomorrow and I expect to play well.

Day 1: 07/04/2022

Made it to the range yesterday and worked through a small bucket of balls. I was working on getting hands down quicker and getting club on a more shallow plane. The hands are looking better but could still be more shallow. Hitting probably 95% off the toe which I think may be due to not rotating enough in downswing. I've tried to slow down hips in an effort to catch hands/arms up but need to work on incorporating both back into the swing. 

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Day 121.  I did fifteen minutes of the step-turn-step-turn drill and ten minutes of full swings (all with a 6-iron) indoors before heading out to a nearby course to get some video at the range for Evolvr

-- Michael | My swing!