IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 124

Chipping, putting practice to day for the most part. Once warmed up I play a little "up & down" game with 18 balls. 

What I do is surround the the practice green with 18 balls. The idea is to chip in, or chip close enough for a one putt. Basically par is 36.

I pick out 2 practice pins on ach end of the green. I alternate between these two pins. The balls I have surrounded the green with are chosen at random to chip from. Some are farther from the green than others. All the initial chips on this particular green involved breaking rolls.

Focus was on crisp contact, landing area on the green, and reading the green for both the chip, and the putt. 

Today I two putted 6 pins. The rest were parred, with one chip in. That percentage is pretty misleading. I am practicing on a green that I am very, very familiar with. What it does show is that I am hitting my line consistently with the chips, and putts, and that my speed is good. (B+)

After that, I found a few range balls . (10). I hit them to a pin, 100 yards away with my PW.  All the balls landed near the pin. I would guess inside 20', as I didn't measure them. (A+)

I am going to try play a round next week. The weather guy is forecasting the first of many 100*+ days starting Sunday. I will pay for 9 holes, but will be happy to play a few less pain free. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 165  Had a lesson this morning, and my coach wants me to continue to do the Feet Together Drill for the next week with a couple of tweaks.   One is to do some reps of the drill while using the Tour Striker Ball between my forearms to help with keeping my arms closer together... I tend to separate them sometimes. So today I spent 90 minutes on the range doing the drills.  Then played 9 holes of golf hitting LOTS of balls... since the front nine was empty.   I must have hit 30 chips shots from the edge of the 9th green... working on contact and distance control. 

5/4/18:

Day 399:

Played 26 holes before the rain poured down. It was a little rough today, hit some really nice shots though. Knocked one absolutely stiff on #9 from 130 yards with an 8-iron into the wind. I flushed that one too. It's coming around. A regular +4 HDCP and I played some holes. He said, I try too hard at times. 

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 3:

Long range session today. An hour for me is long lol. Worked on elbow position with my 3-wood off the tee. Hit short shots with it trying to work on things. Then hit a few full shots and filmed it. Struggled with blocked tee shots lately. 

Edited by HJJ003
Added day number

Day 8. Spent 30 minutes doing the full SuperSpeed workout. Goal was to increase/maintain swing speed. Also spent an hour playing "around the house golf". The course plays to a par 6 each hole. We start at the junction box in the SW corner of my property and first one to "hole out" (hit the junction box after going around the house) wins. No flop shot corner cutting. This is actually really good practice since you have to hit an entire gamut of shortgame shots. Some are chips, some become punches with our "Mashie". We play with two clubs, usually a 4h and a 48-52* wedge. Most of the shots have to be hit within about a 10ft range to have a chance to advance to the next corner due to  trees and the threat of the "Course Boss" coming out and threatening us if an inadvertent shot happens to threaten the siding or a car window, etc. The course boss is not to be trifled with. 

Par is a great score in "around the house" golf. Par without invoking the wrath of the "Course Boss" is even better. And god save us if we don't replace a divot. The Course Boss requires all divots to be repaired at ALL times. 

😃

• Administrator

Day 91 - May 4, 2018 - Spent two hours or so at the range at Lawrence Park. Hit some chip shots, some pitches, from some tighter and some bare and nestled lies.

Mostly, though, I worked on my full swings. Got back some good feelings. I was doing a little bit too much with JUST my arms. That's how things go, sometimes… you focus on something, and other parts of your body stop doing what they are used to doing. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8

Went to the range..

Worked on backswing stuff and slower downswing. Worked on pitching. 

I'd grade the full swing stuff as a B-. Need to do things slower and better. Especially the downswing. I feel like I make a B+ or better backswing and I just end up rushing the downswing. 

Figuring out this pitching stuff, getting better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

DAY 166  Did the Super Speed Level 1 protocols.   Then spent 90 minutes on the range doing the Feet Together Drill sometime with the Tour Striker Ball and sometimes not.   Then went to the putting green -- hit 40 putts using the Pelz Putting Tutor to get feedback on starting the ball on line.  Then hit 10 putts from 6 feet -- made 7.  Then 10 putts from 9 feet -- made 8.  Good start to the day!!

Day 66 - "played" today. Played like poo. 98 with 9 three-putts. I'm a mental case with lag putts. Sports psychologist, anyone???

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 125 Love practicing in warmer weather. 92* in the sun. 

Today was a driving range day for me. Used driver through PW. They were letting us hit off the grass. 

Focus was on full swings, while mixing up the clubs. Aim, and alignment were, although some what of the same, were also a focus. 

All balls (60+/-) were hit to a landing zone near chosen flags. (B)

Gave my driver more of a work out than I normally do. Was pleased with the results, even though it's been a few weeks since I used it. (C+)

Not swinging as fast as I was several weeks ago. Maybe a club slower, but I will make fine use of what I have. I see alot of 7Ws in my immediate future. I plan to play a round Tuesday. 

In My Bag:

Day 37 - spent and hour at the range optimizing driver ball flight and doing short game work. Beautiful day but spent the first part painting my foundation. 😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9.  Spent 20 minutes chipping into (more precisely; at) a five gallon bucket in the backyard. I used every wedge that I might possibly game, from set PW and GW and a 48, 52, 56, and 60. Specific work was on landing on a spot as I was trying to dunk everything. I probably hit 100 balls and made only about 10% of them with another 25% hitting the front of the bucket, 25% being just over and the remaining 40% to one level of bad or another. So I would have like my odds to get up and down about 60% of the time. Not really great odds as some of those I assuredly would have hit my spot and misread the reaction post landing. I get up and down appx 50% of the time when I'm within 10 yards of the green. I'd like to get that number up to 60%+  this year. 

• Administrator

Day 92 - May 5, 2018 - A bit of putting in the basement before going to @NatalieB's HJGT event.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5/5/18:

Day 500:

Working 16 hours is hard to really do much. I got creative though. I used a whisk and practiced A6 to A7 for five minutes on break.

500 days in a row. Wow.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 126. 

Got an early start to beat the heat. Weather guy says 100*F plus today. 

After alot of full swings yesterday, decided to take it easy, with some short pitches, over a bunker, and the mound on the other side of the bunker. 56 balls. 

The obvious focus was clearing the hazards, and landing the ball near the pin, 15', or so feet on the the other side. (B)

A few balls didn't clear the mound, rolled back, and became bunker practice balls. Got them all out in one swing, and near the pin. (A)

After that,  I measured, and found the farthest ball from the pin was around 20' feet. I went to the near by practice green, dropped 14 balls, various disances, up to 20' from a pin. Focus was not to 2 putt. The maintenance folks did me a favor and changed all the pin locations on the practice green. (C+)

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Day 38 - May 6, more range work focusing on my priority piece. It is feeling pretty good and consistent with driver, 7 iron and pitching wedge. 

Ball flight is good too. Now I just need it to work on the course.  

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9

Worked on backswing stuff and downswing timing at the range. 

Also, I worked on pitching and distance wedges. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: