IGNORED

2018 Valspar Golf Championship in Tampa, FL

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, MuniGrit said:

Tiger doesn't read Dave Pelz from years ago or TST. He pulled the flag when trying to make a chip.

Good pickup - unfortunately that didn't even come into play

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Tiger doesn't read Dave Pelz from years ago or TST. He pulled the flag when trying to make a chip.

So?

If you control your distance to within two feet of the cup, the flag neither helps nor hurts. Beyond that, it helps.

PReed about to go to -9. Casey still at -10.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

So?

If you control your distance to within two feet of the cup, the flag neither helps nor hurts. Beyond that, it helps.

So he pulled the flag.

Trollin' is the life

Tiger's game is on the brink of serious trouble for his competition...  Some impressive shots so far.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Valleygolfer said:

Tiger's game is on the brink of serious trouble for his competition...  Some impressive shots so far.

He's not getting it done, though.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

He's not getting it done, though.

Not yet but it's as close as it's been in a while.

Speed is off putting today for Tiger.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

The day the fist pumps died. 76% going down to about 74% after today.

If not TW (looking like no), then PReed or JRose are my faves.

If Tiger wants to win, he'd better do something on the two par fives on the back nine.

Three par threes, though.

Bunkered at 11 off the tee.

Bad tee shot on 11. He can't throw away more of these birdies holes. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, MuniGrit said:

"Tiger just laying up to a comfortable yardage."-Rog

Problem is, he laid up on at least two birdie putts. Joey LaCava might want to take the head cover off that old Scotty for him.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

• Administrator

Oh well. Maybe he can win at Bay Hill.

That's just plain terrible shot from 122. Doesn't seem to have what it takes today. 

Tiger and Conners are the only two in top 11 that's not under par. And Snedeker. 

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

His chips have better chances to go in than his putts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

Left it in that time.  I guess he read TST on his walk to the green.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Still only two back. Stranger things have happened...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Good chip. 

A bogey for Casey and birdie for Tiger and he's suddenly T1, but this round might be starting to get to his head. He's right where he needs to be, but can't get it done so far. At least he hasn't dropped further down the list.

Rose has been a bit around the course today, having to scramble for pars. Still there though. 

Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!