IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Adam Scott is 3 over through 7 holes, and Sneds finished at 5 over.  The course is not playing as easy as Tiger made it look.

On the other hand, Rory is -3 through 7, and he started on the front nine.  Almost everybody else who went low fast started on the back nine.  Rory may go really low today.

Edited by brocks

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, brocks said:

Adam Scott is 3 over through 7 holes, and Sneds finished at 5 over.  The course is not playing as easy as Tiger made it look.

Tiger likes courses where par is a good score, and then he wins by making birdies or eagles on the par fives.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A McIlroy / Woods showdown would be so awesome.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger likes courses where par is a good score, and then he wins by making birdies or eagles on the par fives.

If you look at where he has dominated on tour that is absolutely true. I'll throw 3 courses at you. Torrey Pines, Bay Hill, Firestone. On those 3 courses alone Tiger has 23 of his 79 Tour wins and 1 major. That's a Hall of Fame career if he didn't win another tournament. Par is a good score on all three that I mentioned.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I hate that I think of Rickie Fowler as an underachiever, but I do. That said, the guy just gets it. It's impossible for me to root against him.

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Looks like Tiger will be near the lead at the end of the day. He played very well.. Very top heavy field this week, so many guys playing here this week that just never could compete.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

McIlroy tied for lead at -5. It's like, okay childhood hero, enough, this is what I can do!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Both McIlroy and Stenson at - 5 a few holes into the back nine, with two par fives to come. They could get really low. Rose knows you can shoot low numbers on the back nine. 

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

McIlroy tied for lead at -5. It's like, okay childhood hero, enough, this is what I can do!

This might amaze a lot of people here, but I doubt most of these guys are obsessed with Tiger as his fans are. I'd imagine they are fairly confident in their own abilities

31 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

This might amaze a lot of people here, but I doubt most of these guys are obsessed with Tiger as his fans are. I'd imagine they are fairly confident in their own abilities

That does not obviate the fact McIlroy himself called Woods a hero.

"We play a little bit together down in Florida and live quite close to each other. It's sometimes surreal. I remember meeting him for the first time, and then I remember playing with him for the first time. It is funny because I remember all the big moments that he's had, and you're teeing up alongside that guy. That was eight, nine years ago, so I've sort of got used to it by now. But still, whenever you get a chance to play alongside one of your heroes, it's always nice.''

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/22442254/genesis-open-rory-mcilroy-excited-pairing-tiger-woods

And it's nice to see that they're friendly too.

Steve

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That does not obviate the fact McIlroy himself called Woods a hero.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/22442254/genesis-open-rory-mcilroy-excited-pairing-tiger-woods

And it's nice to see that they're friendly too.

Yes and Yes

Hate to be cliched, but really good looking leaderboard shaping up, Stenson, McIlroy, Reed, Woods, Fowler, Rose, McDowell, ZJ, single length guy.

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 4.37.36 PM.png

Steve

Yeah, the top of the leaderboard is getting pretty crowded with great players. If these conditions stays, it’ll be a fight to go low.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This is a hell of a leaderboard. Rest of the field better hope McIlroy and Stenson don't keep their A+ game for all 4 days. Those two guys have the talent to run away from the field. Stenson would have won the 2016 Open by 14 shots if Mickelson wasn't there. And we know Rory has won two majors by 8 shots.

The course and especially the greens are looking really good this week. Maybe that’s why they are pouring them in.

I didn't get to watch or keep up with much of anything today, but started following when Tiger nailed his 70 footer. Man going to be a fun week (end)!

Note: This thread is 2236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!