IGNORED

Bethpage State Park Has an Online Reservation System Now

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actually it's for all the NYS parks. You can't make reservations yet, according to site, Friday is the day you'll be able to. It looks like the Bethpage phone reservation system is still available but will phased out next year. The number changed too. It is because of the now old system I know the reservation phone number and my driver's license number by heart. 

https://parks.ny.gov/golf/

Took long enough I guess, I mean, that USO money should be directed to something like this right? Anyways, there are sure to be hiccups and growing pains, people will complain, eventually things will settle down. I guess The Black Course car queueing will be the same, what's more NY than lining up for something?

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.00.58 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I won't need you to make a reservation to play the Black course anymore, @nevets88. You've outlived your usefulness :ninja:

J/K of course :-P

We should play sometime.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

I guess I won't need you to make a reservation to play the Black course anymore, @nevets88. You've outlived your usefulness :ninja:

J/K of course :-P

We should play sometime.

I'm terminated!!! ;-) Definitely.

Looks like Rockland is closed too. Stupid weather.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.16.06 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• nevets88 changed the title to Bethpage State Park Has an Online Reservation System Now
48 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm terminated!!! ;-) Definitely.

Looks like Rockland is closed too. Stupid weather.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.16.06 PM.png

I grew up across the street from the Park entrance. Lots of memories there, from being part of the caddy program almost 50 years ago, to many nights sleeping in the car waiting for the Park employee's headlights to enter the parking lot and get a "bakery ticket". Lots of good times, card games, etc in the "old" clubhouse. Cut my teeth learning to play the Green and Yellow, then when I felt I was ready, took on the Red and the Black. Never liked the Blue, it was like playing 2 different courses. To me, the place wasn't the same after the first Open. Jeez, did that Open destroy the place, or what? It took a year or two until it got back to normal. Everything changed after that, although improved cosmetically, the facilities lost their charm to me. The higher prices, but still 5 1/2 hour rounds, and the advent of Golf Now and it's low cost options, led me "out east" to play. I moved from Farmingdale to N. Myrtle Beach 7 years ago, but still go back a few times a year to visit family. I was in the pro shop over the holidays for the first time in years. Some friends down here asked me for some "Black Course" merchandise. It was funny, as soon as I walked up, I laughed, because the place had a familiar "smell". I know that sounds silly, but the guys who've played there early in the morning might know what I mean. I saw some golfers,, and even a few old employees I knew, and had a great time hanging out for awhile. The new antiseptic vibe from the new clubhouse is still there, but some of the good, like Joe the Head Pro, are also. I have to admit, I had the itch to play the Red (always my favorite) again, and hopefully will, in a few weeks when I go up for Easter. If I don't get the chance that's okay, because like I said, the place just isn't the one I remember anymore, and sometimes it sucks replacing old, fond memories with new ones.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

That's good to know @nevets88, I know the two courses closer to me (Soaring Eagles and Chenango Valley State Park) are easier for walk-ons to get on. But I won't be playing the Black anytime so *sniff*.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

A little off topic, but I never thought to follow Bethpage State Park on Twitter, my bias kind of wrote them off w/respect to technology, but they finally joined back in mid 2016 (I joined Twitter about 10 years earlier). 

It posts the course schedules:

https://twitter.com/BethpageGolf

Steve

I almost guarantee there will be some syndicate type of hacking going on and amazingly, a small group of regulars will have the same general time every week. almost the always the first casualty of going high tech...

• 4 weeks later...

As those of you that have tried already know, historically it's been tough to get tee times in advance.  Especially for non-residents.  

But, if you go to their website, you can now make tee times online.   I was just playing around with it.   seems much more accessible than it had been in the past.  I'm headed to Long Island later this summer, so this might be my chance to get on there.   cool. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

On 4/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, lastings said:

As those of you that have tried already know, historically it's been tough to get tee times in advance.  Especially for non-residents.  

But, if you go to their website, you can now make tee times online.   I was just playing around with it.   seems much more accessible than it had been in the past.  I'm headed to Long Island later this summer, so this might be my chance to get on there.   cool. 

That’s good to hear. I like being able to plan a trip and have a tee time in advance. I sleep better that way lol. 

• 1 month later...

To use the system for weekend times you need the fastest internet connection known to man. When i tried it never showed the first two times and when it showed me the 751 am time by luck i couldn't click fast enough cause after i clicked on it it said time not available. I have tried several times with same result. After i see that message their is no times anymore. this is all done with in a minute. .

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!