IGNORED

What Will the 2018-19 PGA Tour Schedule Look Like?

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Greetings ...

While the PGA Tour's 2018-19 season schedule is not yet available, there are indications that some events are getting moved, revamped or else put on the chopping block. Small hints of what may be coming are given in the following articles

2019 Schedule Could End Before Football - Rex Hoggard Golf Channel (2017)

WGC-Bridgestone could leave Firestone after 2018 -- GolfNewsNet (2017)

RE WGC Bridgestone leaving Firestone -- The word here is that as part renewing sponsorship of the FedEx Cup race, the FedEx company wants to upgrade the Memphis-St. Jude event to a WGC. Meanwhile, it is suggested that Bridgestone would give up the event at Firestone to sponsor an official PGA Tour event in Asia. In return, Firestone would get a Champions Tour event.

If someone has more recent information about any 2018-19 schedule changes, please post here and include source links.

Thanx-A-Lot

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

27 minutes ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Found a more recent article (March 2018) on Sports Illustrated's site. It says the WGC Fed Ex event in Memphis is an apparent done deal, while also suggesting that Tiger Woods' DC National event may very well be toast after this year.

PGA Tour hopes to announce 2018-19 schedule at the 2018 Players.

Well we know where the 2019 Majors will more or less fall:

April 11-14: The Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, Georgia

May 9-12: PGA Championship, Bethpage State Park (Black Course), Farmingdale, NY

June 13-16: U.S. Open Golf Championship, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Pebble Beach, CA

July 18-21: Open Championship, Royal Portrush, Northern Ireland

@iacas posted the Florida swing, I could take a stab at the whole damn thing right here, but Jay Monahan doesn't frequent the Sand Trap.com 

Well you got your Fall Series events, Sanderson Farms, Frys.com, Viking Classic, Shriners Hospitals, CIMB Classic, and WGC-HSBC Champions. Tiger's party in the Bahamas, at the end of November. (I'm not good with dates of the Fall Series, because I'm watching the Steelers on Sundays).

January 3-6: Sentry Tournament of Champions

January 10-13: Sony Open of Hawai'i

January 17-20: CareerBuilder Challenge

January 24-27: Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

January 31-February 3: Genesis Open

February 7-10: Farmers Insurance Open

February 14-17: Waste Management Phoenix Open

February 21-24: WGC-Mexico Championship

February 28-March 3: The Honda Classic

March 7-10: Valspar Championship

March 14-17: Arnold Palmer Invitational

March 21-24: The Players Championship

March 28-31: WGC- Dell Technologies Match Play

April 4-7: Shell Houston Open

April 11-14: The Masters

April 18-21: RBC Heritage

April 25-28: Valero Texas Open

May 2-5: Zurich Classic of New Orleans

May 9-12: PGA Championship

May 16-19: Byron Nelson Classic

May 23-26: Colonial (Crowne Plaza)

May 30- June 3: Memorial Tournament

June 6-9: WGC- FedEx

June 13-16: U.S. Open

June 20-23: Traveler's Championship

June 27-30: Greenbrier Classic

July 4-7: Canadian Open

July 11-14: John Deere Classic

July 18-21: Open Championship

July 25-28: Wells Fargo Championship

August 1-4: Wyndham Championship

August 8-11: The Barclays

August 15-18: The Deutsche Bank Championship

August 22-25: BMW Championship

August 30-September 3: TOUR Championship.

There Jay, you're done before football season, just like you wanted to be... I heard December 2019 for the President's Cup anyway.

I moved the Wells Fargo to after the Open Championship, because the mess that the PGA moving to May creates. I made the TOUR Championship a Labor Day finish, because in a perfect world it would be. The main problem with the 2nd week of May for the PGA especially in the Northern States. The ground is just recovering from winter... And winter likes to hang on... Oak Hill and Hazeltine, may need to be moved back onto the USGA's list of courses for potential U.S. Opens to give the sod an extra month to recover from winter. (Winter likes to hang on for 3 or 4 extra weeks here in Upstate New York). With a mid-spring report on Long Island weather, here's @cooke119.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

June 13-16: U.S. Open Golf Championship, Pebble Beach Golf Links, Pebble Beach, CA

@iacas posted the Florida swing, I could take a stab at the whole damn thing right here, but Jay Monahan doesn't frequent the Sand Trap.com 

Well you got your Fall Series events, Sanderson Farms, Frys.com, Viking Classic, Shriners Hospitals, CIMB Classic, and WGC-HSBC Champions. Tiger's party in the Bahamas, at the end of November. (I'm not good with dates of the Fall Series, because I'm watching the Steelers on Sundays).

There Jay, you're done before football season, just like you wanted to be... I heard December 2019 for the President's Cup anyway.

I moved the Wells Fargo to after the Open Championship, because the mess that the PGA moving to May creates. I made the TOUR Championship a Labor Day finish, because in a perfect world it would be. The main problem with the 2nd week of May for the PGA especially in the Northern States. The ground is just recovering from winter... And winter likes to hang on... Oak Hill and Hazeltine, may need to be moved back onto the USGA's list of courses for potential U.S. Opens to give the sod an extra month to recover from winter. (Winter likes to hang on for 3 or 4 extra weeks here in Upstate New York). With a mid-spring report on Long Island weather, here's @cooke119.

The TOUR probably will put the Players Championship in the mid-March slot, though for TV ratings that is a usually a little on the dumb side... But March Madness almost always concludes on the Monday before the Masters... (hence why NBC has all weekend golf in March)... So Florida might look more like Honda, API, Players, Valspar, Match Play, Houston, Masters... But I like it, where I put it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

(edited)

Greetings ...

Various news articles suggest that the PGA Tour wants their "wrap" seasons to end before the start of NFL football. I have a strong suspicion that the Tour may actually be aiming to hold the Tour Championship the weekend BEFORE Labor Day, but NOT Labor Day Weekend itself. This is assuming of course that Atlanta is the host site for the tournament.

Holding the Tour Championship in Atlanta during Labor Day weekend is very undesirable for many reasons, the main one being the Chick-Fil-A College Football Games that are now played there. The games brings in plenty of traffic, especially when two of them are staged. Beyond that, there's DragonCon and dozens of other special gatherings in and around the Metro Area.

I can tell you from personal experience that getting in and out downtown Atlanta during Labor Day has in recent years become increasingly difficult, especially with the manner in which some of the streets have been reworked. I was until about three years ago a near-regular attendee at Dragoncon, and have seen how bad it is to get around.

All in All do not be completely surprised if the Tour Championship's 2019 dates are August 22-25 and not August 30-9/3.as a previous poster suggests.

Thanx-A-Lot and Enjoy The Houston and ANA-Dinah Shore

Edited by Frank-0-Sport

On 3/28/2018 at 12:22 AM, onthehunt526 said:

You know what the biggest upside to the schedule is for me? It means the The Deutsche Bank Championship is no longer on Labor Day weekend and Jimmy Buffett will get the Great Woods venue back! The venue is next door to TPC Boston and they use the parking lot. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 hours ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Greetings ...

Various news articles suggest that the PGA Tour wants their "wrap" seasons to end before the start of NFL football. I have a strong suspicion that the Tour may actually be aiming to hold the Tour Championship the weekend BEFORE Labor Day, but NOT Labor Day Weekend itself. This is assuming of course that Atlanta is the host site for the tournament.

Holding the Tour Championship in Atlanta during Labor Day weekend is very undesirable for many reasons, the main one being the Chick-Fil-A College Football Games that are now played there. The games brings in plenty of traffic, especially when two of them are staged. Beyond that, there's DragonCon and dozens of other special gatherings in and around the Metro Area.

I can tell you from personal experience that getting in and out downtown Atlanta during Labor Day has in recent years become increasingly difficult, especially with the manner in which some of the streets have been reworked. I was until about three years ago a near-regular attendee at Dragoncon, and have seen how bad it is to get around.

All in All do not be completely surprised if the Tour Championship's 2019 dates are August 22-25 and not August 30-9/3.as a previous poster suggests.

Thanx-A-Lot and Enjoy The Houston and ANA-Dinah Shore

I've got to link where I read it. But I've read from a few golf sources, the TOUR is considering moving the TOUR Championship on a four year rotation... like the BMW and Barclays. But keeping it in the southeast. I'll find the source and link it later.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• 1 month later...

Well Folks -- The suspense (semi-lame rah rah) is almost over.

Sometime between Tuesday and the start of the play on Thursday (if not after) we'll know the official 2018-19 PGA Tour Schedule.

One item has already been made clear -- The WGC Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone is history, to be replaced with the WGC-Fed X St Jude Invitational, which is to be placed in the early August week currently occupied by the WGC-Bridgestone.

If any one has any inside info about other changes ahead of the official announcement, feel free to post.

Thanx-A-Lot and Enjoy The Players!

I hope they choke! They've tried moving the Bridgestone out of Akron before, and it died due to lack of attendance. If the Champions Tour comes here I might buy a ticket! It will sure be cheaper than a WGC ticket, or it oughta be!

15 hours ago, Frank-0-Sport said:

Well Folks -- The suspense (semi-lame rah rah) is almost over.

Sometime between Tuesday and the start of the play on Thursday (if not after) we'll know the official 2018-19 PGA Tour Schedule.

One item has already been made clear -- The WGC Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone is history, to be replaced with the WGC-Fed X St Jude Invitational, which is to be placed in the early August week currently occupied by the WGC-Bridgestone.

If any one has any inside info about other changes ahead of the official announcement, feel free to post.

Thanx-A-Lot and Enjoy The Players!

Nothing on the inside track we haven't already heard, aside from the Players back to March and the PGA to May and FedEx Cup Playoffs completed by Labor Day. 

I heard TPC Boston may get the axe or get moved to the regular season, possibly in the National's spot. (Easy travel from the Traveler's) but nothing confirmed.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!