IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Dustin Johnson is imploding

Yeah I figured the only way he would be caught is if he went the wrong direction...and that is surely happening. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

Pretty wild not seeing a single red number on the board.

Well that's what the USGA and one Golf Channel broadcaster wanted. Awarded a trophy/major championship to someone who is over par is ridiculous IMO.

1 minute ago, Blackjack Don said:

I have figured out what "dilly dilly" actually means.

Trust fund.

It's this generation's waaaaaaaassssssuuuuuuuppppp... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, JSGolf said:

Awarded a trophy/major championship to someone who is over par is ridiculous IMO.

Rose Ogilvy and Cabrera were totally undeserving. :-P  

Par is mostly there to serve as a reference for us at home.  If anything, it should be nearest integer to the professionals' expected score on a hole-by-hole basis. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

And the robot takes the lead.....

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I have a feeling Mike Davis is saying some prayers right now. I think the wind is blowing a lot more than they thought.

But they have a moisture meter! How can this happen!? Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

And the robot takes the lead.....

You know who is really lucky that this guy spends his focus on golf?  John Connor. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

It's this generation's waaaaaaaassssssuuuuuuuppppp... 

You're right! Usually people who do this--almost always a frat boy-stereotype--who has to have been born on third base to be this dumb and can afford tickets to every single golf tournament--and this is my grandkids. I have no idea what the Seventies generation annoyed our parents with. If anything at golf tournaments. Now they have microphones that pick up everything. Nudge, wink. 

Does the apparently unfair golf course make you want to keep watching or stop watching?

Wayne

I was just reading yesterday about the time Justin Rose told Sean Foley that he thought his short game needed work... at the end of a season in which he led in strokes gained short game.

Just now, Frank-0-Sport said:

Phil -- an obscene 10 on one hole !!

In fairness to Phil, only eight of those involved hitting the golf ball.

-- Michael | My swing! 

9 minutes ago, JSGolf said:

Well that's what the USGA and one Golf Channel broadcaster wanted. Awarded a trophy/major championship to someone who is over par is ridiculous IMO.

Disagree here. I have no problem with over-par winning. It’s whatever the lowest score is. This is the biggest test in golf and it’s playing that way. I just have an issue when greens get out of control and these are getting close. But the main reason these scores are this bad has more to do with the weather. This is a brutal course to play in when the wind blows. It blew hard Thursday and is blowing today.

Edited by ChrisP

39 minutes ago, b101 said:

For me, the difference between a rules breach and cheating is intent - that rule is designed for when the ball moves as you're making a stroke, or similar unintentional breaches (I believe). The moment that he said he intentionally hit the ball to stop it going down off the front and that he knew he'd probably make a better score, that is cheating. There are rules the USGA can use to DQ him if they want.

The difference between cheating and breach is whether you are avoiding the penalty assessment....is there any evidence that Michelson was trying avoid the 2 stroke penalty?

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

That look from Stenson looked like he wasn't sure it was his ball.  Did he need to verify his mark on the green? (#9 green, par putt)

-- Michael | My swing! 

I think back in the old days they called it "slamming the trunk." I think Phil was done with it. He'd had enough. I think he's going to regret this, a lot.

Wayne

16259880-7FCA-4E58-9BF9-CCEF69D76906.png

F82266E6-D863-4967-B695-AED300219A3C.png

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Did anyone else hear it said thirty people were looking for Dustin's ball, yesterday. What does it mean, "losing the golf course?" How is a golf course "gone?"

Wayne

Note: This thread is 2131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!