IGNORED

2018 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Somebody snap that driver in half so he can’t play with it.

He's made two birdies and one par so far on this hole. He needs the driver, so maybe use it as much as possible to get more comfortable.

And as always, distance is king.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

grrr...How do you make a tweet show up as an image thingy like y'all do it?

Edited by iacas
you just paste it in…

Colin P.

Tweets automatically embed when I post the link. Are you on mobile or PC?

Tiger and Rory are just a bit too far behind to make up on the leaders. They probably need something in the low 60's to have a shot today. Tiger is -13 on the front nine this week, with three holes left in round four. He's +2 on the back nine, so if he was to make a big move, probably needed a better front nine.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger needed to birdie 7. Didn’t do it. Now he’s just going to jockey for a high finish to get some WGR points. Not even sure a 63 would do the trick today. Those short putts he missed Friday and Saturday killed his chances.

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Those short putts he missed Friday and Saturday killed his chances.

No doubt about it, putting is important.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

36 minutes ago, colin007 said:

grrr...How do you make a tweet show up as an image thingy like y'all do it?

It's like a fussy electronic device, sometimes you gotta tap it. If you paste the link and wait 5-10 seconds, usually it'll embed. If not, paste it again and wait.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

33 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It's like a fussy electronic device, sometimes you gotta tap it. If you paste the link and wait 5-10 seconds, usually it'll embed. If not, paste it again and wait.

Thanks Broham. 

This guy is killing me. Unreal. Seriously, he is going to be the death of me.

Colin P.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

No doubt about it, putting is important.

Still nowhere near as important as ballstriking.

But hey, keep beating that drum and let the world pass you by.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Too bad that doesn't help Woods right now

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Too bad that doesn't help Woods right now

It is helping him. It's why he's top ten while putting like a blind amputee dingo. No offense to dingos.

Without his ballstriking and even with better putting… he might have MCed. Or been off the back nine at 7:30am this morning.

Tiger's putting is an anomaly this week (well, until it becomes an actual long-term pattern). If anything, his performance continues to strengthen the argument that putting is the least important part of golf. There are only four parts, so it's still "important," but relatively the least important.

Oh well. Tiger being seven back frees up my afternoon!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Definitely gonna have to clean up the putting before Shinnecock. Ask Retief Goosen how important it is making 5-10 footers there in an Open. You get a ton of them. Good news is he’s getting really good distance on his driving iron and 3-wood and that coupled with his solid ball striking is a good recipe for contending in two weeks.

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Definitely gonna have to clean up the putting before Shinnecock. Ask Retief Goosen how important it is making 5-10 footers there in an Open. You get a ton of them. Good news is he’s getting really good distance on his driving iron and 3-wood and that coupled with his solid ball striking is a good recipe for contending in two weeks.

I definitely agree with this.  Tiger's ballstriking is in a good spot for the Open, while his putting this week leaves a lot to be desired, it's something He can fix a lot quicker than the other skills.   I'm optimistic for ten days from now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I definitely agree with this.  Tiger's ballstriking is in a good spot for the Open, while his putting this week leaves a lot to be desired, it's something He can fix a lot quicker than the other skills.   I'm optimistic for ten days from now.

Yes, putting can often be fixed quickly.

His wedge game has been scary good though - can't remember the last time I saw someone play this well with the short clubs.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Tiger's bleeding OWGR points, which he needs to play Firestone.

Nice resort birdie on #13... too bad that's a bogey according to rules of golf. ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Thanks Broham. 

I sometimes have to press enter after pasting the link for it to embed.

24 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger's bleeding OWGR points, which he needs to play Firestone.

Does he need to be in top 50 one or two weeks prior? Will points from The Open count? He'll play US Open, The National and The Open at least. Possibly another event between the majors.

Currently T13 though.

Announcer complimenting the laying up to a full wedge as a strategy.  I know I'm better at half pitching wedge distance than I am from full pitching wedge distance and there wasn't anything fancy about that pin position where they'd need to hit far past and spin back, that sort of thing.  I can't imagine the pros aren't also better at those partial shots.  

Commentator 1: Tiger's longest putt made is 15'.

Commentator 2: and with how well he's playing, that's a compliment to his ball striking

at least, that's my foggy hearing when I'm looking at something else during the broadcast... maybe I'm interpreting something good into it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!