phan52

Home course flyover

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

The Golf Association of Philadelphia just produced this flyover of my home course, Whitemarsh Valley Country Club. It is the site this week of the Philadelphia Amateur Championship (for a record 15th time). Whitemarsh Valley was also the site of a PGA Tour event from 1963-1980 (IVB Golf Classic), won by the likes of Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus (3 times), Tom Weiskopf, Billy Casper and Tom Kite. You can find a reference to it in the book, The Greatest Game Ever Played by David Frost. Whitemarsh Valley was the first course that Harry Vardon and Ted Ray played when they came over to play the US Open in 2013.

Does anybody have flyovers of their home courses? Why not post them here?

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Here's mine! Cool post!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Here's mine! Cool post!

I see the 18th hole is named after me!     :whistle:

Is the driving range hitting onto island greens?

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I see the 18th hole is named after me!     :whistle:

Is the driving range hitting onto island greens?

Lol. Yeah. We have floater balls. One side is the regular range and the other is the Academy side. Nice set up. Regular side has two chipping greens and two putting greens while the academy has one chipping /putting green, a practice hole about 125yds with 2 practice bunkers and one fairway bunker to hit to the island greens as well. I have no reason to be lousy at this game.

5 hours ago, phan52 said:

The Golf Association of Philadelphia just produced this flyover of my home course, Whitemarsh Valley Country Club. It is the site this week of the Philadelphia Amateur Championship (for a record 15th time). Whitemarsh Valley was also the site of a PGA Tour event from 1963-1980 (IVB Golf Classic), won by the likes of Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus (3 times), Tom Weiskopf, Billy Casper and Tom Kite. You can find a reference to it in the book, The Greatest Game Ever Played by David Frost. Whitemarsh Valley was the first course that Harry Vardon and Ted Ray played when they came over to play the US Open in 2013.

Yikes that #18 is riddled with bunkers!

7 hours ago, phan52 said:

Beautiful course. Looks like my kind of place. 

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Here's mine! Cool post!

Man I am jealous of you guys. What a great home course. I’m not sure I would want you to see a flyover of my home course lol though I’m confident one doesn’t exist. 

@RandallT created a Google Earth flyover of my home club for an outing we had here in 2016.

Unfortunately, Google Earth can't re-create most of the 3-D aspects, but its fun to take a look at.

I agree with @HJJ003, those are all beautiful courses. I especially like @Vinsk's. They both look very challenging.

I may have posted this before, but here's the flyover of my 9 hole course. (You have to play each hole video separately.)

http://caberfaepeaks.com/golf/course-layout/

Posting it in the same thread as those others is kind of like showing off my Honda while it's parked next to a couple of European sports cars. But when it's February and I haven't play golf in several months, it's kind of nice to watch these.

@JonMA1 #8 looks like a great hole to play! Nice looking resort. I never made it out there. I lived in West Bloomfield and Dearborn.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I lived in West Bloomfield and Dearborn.

My sons both live down in SE Michigan, one in Westland and the other in Canton.

The only course I've played down there was a muni in Farmington Hills. It was very early in the year but I thought it was a nice course.

That course looks tough to me @iacas. Lots of creeks, thick woods and hillside lies. 

I looked it up... 74/144 from 6800 yards. Is that an unusually high rating and slope? I just don't see a lot of courses like that. Even from 6,000 yards, it's 70.4/138.

23 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

That course looks tough to me @iacas. Lots of creeks, thick woods and hillside lies. 

I looked it up... 74/144 from 6800 yards. Is that an unusually high rating and slope? I just don't see a lot of courses like that. Even from 6,000 yards, it's 70.4/138.

Yes. It plays longer. 4 is a forced layup. So is 5. 8 is sometimes. 10 is 480 from the back tees. 16.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Kinda:

Beautiful foliage. Course looks great. They must have a hell of a time with leaf duty...

What about my home away from home lol? My in laws live in Colorado Springs so I have played some Golf up there. They just bought their new house out closer to Monument...and it looks like my new “other home” course will be Kings Deer as my In Laws will now be living less than 15 minutes from it door to door. My first crack at it will be in September.