IGNORED

NHL 2018-19

iacas
Note: This thread is 1778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 9/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, Antneye said:

My Rangers will suck this year, but I'm pumped to watch the kids play. Rebuilding is fun when you don't do it every year like some perennial doormats. 

The Oilers don't  stop rebuilding.  Ever.  And they've been in the bottom third of the standings for so long it's pathetic.

That being said, I still cheer and watch like a good little sheeple, I just won't give that weirdo owner any of my hard earned cash.

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing feels better than watching your favorite team beat the reigning Stanley Cup champs. 

And lol @Calgary tonight.  

Corey

• 1 month later...

Quarter-season quick-hits:

• Really, really want Tom Wilson out of the league.  Completely.  :angry:  POS is affecting the rest of peoples' lives, and refuses to change.
  • How 'bout the Sabres (and Jeff Skinner)?  Didn't see that coming on either count.
  • LAK winning the Kovalchuk sweepstakes not looking like such a win for either.
  • Penguins just on the typical early-season bender, only to come roaring back?  Will be interesting to watch.
  • Bruins #1 D in the league after all these long-term injuries to top D-men and Bergeron?!  Doesn't compute, and thought we'd see a drop-off in D under Cassidy post-Claude.  Color me amazed...and becoming quite the Bruce Cassidy fan.
  • The Atlantic Division...no words.
Edited by BamaWade
Added more content.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, BamaWade said:

Quarter-season quick-hits:

• Really, really want Tom Wilson out of the league.  Completely.  :angry:  POS is affecting the rest of peoples' lives, and refuses to change.

Reading the pro-Wilson support and arguments on Twitter makes me sad for humanity.

42 minutes ago, BamaWade said:

Penguins just on the typical early-season bender, only to come roaring back?  Will be interesting to watch.

Not without goaltending.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Reading the pro-Wilson support and arguments on Twitter makes me sad for humanity.

Absolutely.  But read internet comments after predatory hits and the fanbase response is sadly predictable.  S'pose that goes to bolster your point.  Not sure how many more CTE stories about daily struggles and depression and suicides I can read without losing some of my love for the game (football, too)...and man, do I love the game.  Thanks for the GIF link.  Thought about linking the tweet I saw it in, but wasn't confident I wouldn't screw it up . ;-)

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not without goaltending.

That's what I've thought before.  Then they wake up.  I know virtually zero about the Penguin's cap situation; wonder if they'll pursue a deal?  Very hard to imagine them not making a run somehow or another.  

The Wilson hit was unnecessary, no doubt.  But Seney himself says Wilson hit the back of his shoulder:

“It was more kind of back of my shoulder,” Seney said. 

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

The Wilson hit was unnecessary, no doubt.  But Seney himself says Wilson hit the back of his shoulder:

So what Dave?

Nobody here said it was a head hit or anything. It was however a completely unnecessary, very late, flagrant, blind-side predatory hit by a now FIVE-time repeat offender in barely one year.

• Administrator

Seattle officially has an NHL team awarded to them. $650M.

One of the domain names they registered… the Seattle Kraken!

On 12/1/2018 at 9:50 AM, DaveP043 said:

The issue with the hit isn't the point of contact, it's the fact that it was a late blindside hit on a player unable to defend himself. It is predatory, unnecessary, and as the NHL likes to say, "not a hockey play." He needed to avoid the opposing player at that point.

The fact that Tom Wilson keeps committing these types of fouls says a lot about his character as a player and a whole lot about the NHL's position on player safety.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

We're not going to agree.  I watched this again, and I see Wilson coming back to assume his defensive role.  I see Seney pass the puck into the corner, and skate backward, changing direction to move left to right into Wilson's path.  I see Wilson, looking at the puck in the corner, swerve to his right, but not far enough to avoid Seney.  Wilson lifts his left skate, trying to edge past Seney, and makes contact with his own arm against the side of his body into the back of Seney's shoulder.  He wasn't lining up Seney, he was skating into the corner, trying to do his job, but he clearly didn't do enough to avoid contact.   

Wilson has earned his reputation, he does have to change the way he makes decisions on the ice.  For better or worse, he WILL be penalized more severely than other players for the same infraction, he can't expect to get the benefit of the doubt.  But I just do not see this particular instance as "predatory".  And for those who dislike him, you may be happy that Wilson WAS lined up for a predatory blind-side hit last night, and could be out with a concussion.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

We're not going to agree.

Then you've lost nearly all credibility as a hockey fan.

Wilson is scum, and that hit on Seney was dangerous, completely avoidable, and yet also completely typical of the chickenshit Tom Wilson.

And I don't really support the Reaves hit last night, either, except that Tom Wilson was so stupid he kept going at Reaves prior to that hit, and he's apparently too dumb to know how to put a helmet on properly.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

He wasn't lining up Seney, he was skating into the corner, trying to do his job, but he clearly didn't do enough to avoid contact....

I've also gotta respectfully disagree with you on this, Dave.  IMO, the NHL guys constantly under the scope for these events almost always have a way of trying to making it look incidental.  But the bottom line is, unless it's truly a blind collision, the contact is almost always avoidable.  There's a hundred times these situations come up in every game, and the majority of the players out there play the right way by avoiding the type of contact that blind-side levels another player (particularly when up high).  FWIW, I'm a Bruins fan, and my opinion applies 100% to Marchand's past issues as well (particularly his elbow-to-head against the Devils last year).  The NHL needs to make a stronger statement that this crap will not be tolerated...at all.

Here's my thing: In that situation, do you think Tom Wilson would've adjusted his path or impacting motion if it was a teammate instead of Seney?

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

And for those who dislike him, you may be happy that Wilson WAS lined up for a predatory blind-side hit last night, and could be out with a concussion.

Nope, not at all.  I may feel a little less sympathy for him, but regardless of the target, I don't want to see any of these guys getting concussed.  I have a good friend with a serious concussion history, and and have read enough of the terrible stories re: others that I don't want to see anyone have to go through the things that come from repetitive concussions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Completely broke the bank to take a Leafs buddy of mine to Friday's game in Columbus. Guess those guys are actually selling tickets now that the CBJ is winning some games.

Should be interesting to see Toronto up close however. 151 goals in 37 games is silly. 

Note: This thread is 1778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!