IGNORED

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

jimnm
Note: This thread is 1938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Just now, Vinsk said:

I’m betting @iacas would’ve hit better shots than both of them walking straight outta the crowd to the shot. What a mess.

I’m good from that yardage.

I was kinda surprised they didn’t play it with less spin to roll out a little down the slope.

I would have hit a better putt than Tiger on the 19th hole. That never had a chance.

P.S. Oh, the angle is wrong to run it down the slope. Never mind that part then.

Tiger, seriously, long again. Lame.

This is a dud ending to what turned into an interesting match at the end.

Phil wins. Back to hockey.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I was kinda surprised they didn’t play it with less spin to roll out a little down the slope.

Thats what i was thinking. Some slope behind the hole. Just a jump one hop or something would be good. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

They know one of them must eventually lose, right?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Big move for Phil giving that.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Thank goodness Phil conceded that. Imagine The Match coming to a close with a missed five footer for “par”? Dumb.

They should play the 22nd hole Tiger lefty, Phil righty. 🙂

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe Tiger can try to hit a green this time. Its only 93yds after all. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

think Tiger's tee shot on 22 is what Erik described earlier ... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Shindig said:

think Tiger's tee shot on 22 is what Erik described earlier ... 

With which?

Congrats Phil.

Awful putt Tiger

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Tiger left it short. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Awful putt Tiger

Seriously.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

With which?

Congrats Phil.

This, but I didn't notice the P.S. part. 

13 minutes ago, iacas said:

I would have hit a better putt than Tiger on the 19th hole. That never had a chance.

P.S. Oh, the angle is wrong to run it down the slope. Never mind that part then.

That was fun overall.  Glad I watched.   I want better PPV golf in the future though. 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Was there a putt made over seven feet today?

Just now, iacas said:

Was there a putt made over seven feet today?

I don't recall one.    They both played poorly with a few good shots thrown in.   It would be interesting to see strokes gained/lost vs PGA average.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator

• Informative 1

I was ranked 7873.    I guessed 1,6,7,9,10,13,16,18.    If nothing else, my wife watched the entire match and enjoyed it until 19.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

My first pay per view experience and I enjoyed it. The golf played today made me feel a little better about my game! I would have loved to have seen Charles Barkley play the first hole to see if he could be double bogey. Would have paid double the price. Ha ha

That was better than I thought it would be.

Congrats Phil.  I hope his brother gets the standard 10%! 

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!