jimnm

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

482 posts / 28514 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

This match would be like at least 10 years too late for me. At this point it seems like a publicity stunt and just a way to make money.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Meh.  If they were one and two in the world rankings, OK.  If they're both long past contending on tour, and it's a nostalgia match, OK.  But right now, they're a couple of players who are still competing on tour, but with mixed results at best.  Phil's having a pretty good year, but he's still struggling to stay in the world top 20, and Tiger is struggling to get into the world top 50.

Yeah, I'll watch, but only because there's nothing else good on TV.

I'd wait untill the highlights showed up on You Tube. It's not a match I would go out of my way to watch. That said, my guess is that Woody would win. 

I would be more interested in this type of contest if it were the start of a series of various match ups between the pros. A revival of the old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf contests. 

38 minutes ago, Patch said:

A revival of the old Shell's Wonderful World of Golf contests. 

My first thought when I heard of this was this is a revival of those.  

I'm excited to see Tiger v Phil, I wish it had been ten years ago (or... 2009, given that Tiger was recovering from surgery 10 years ago at this time). 

4 hours ago, billchao said:

At this point it seems like a publicity stunt and just a way to make money.

1 hour ago, cutchemist42 said:

Feels like Mayweather-Pacquioa to me, where its 10 years too late 

I agree with both of these sentiments, but I'll still watch if for no other reason than to hear Phil talk shit ... plus they're two of my favorite players.

1 hour ago, Eric C said:

I agree with both of these sentiments, but I'll still watch if for no other reason than to hear Phil talk shit ... plus they're two of my favorite players.

Oh I still watched Mayweather-Pac despite me hating them both for not giving it to us sooner.

I atleast didnt pay for it....

9 hours ago, billchao said:

This match would be like at least 10 years too late for me. At this point it seems like a publicity stunt and just a way to make money.

Exactly what the local radio sports guy said! This is happening 10 years too late!

Of course, if you saw the galleries Tiger was dragging around at the Quicken Loans, you might reconsider.

No sports fans are more nostalgic than golf fans. If they could resurrect Arnie from the grave and pair him against Jack, the numbers would be shocking!

8 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Feels like Mayweather-Pacquioa to me, where its 10 years too late 

10 years it would’ve been a wash. Tiger would’ve embarrassed Phil. This will be more of a match.

8 hours ago, jamo said:

I'll watch. Could be fun. 

I think if they mic’d them, so we could hear the trash talk, it would be very fun. 

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think if they mic’d them, so we could hear the trash talk, it would be very fun. 

I think the report said they'd be mic'd the whole time.