IGNORED

Who are your top 5?

shakespeare
Note: This thread is 6756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who is your favorite? Meaning, who do you want to see win every week?
Mine.

PGA
1. Tiger - Come on, doesn't everyone want to see him bust all Jack's records, we can say, "We saw The Great Tiger Woods in his prime"?
2. The underdog - Ben Curtis, Todd Hamilton, Shawn Micheel, and any of those other nobodies that beat a proven star when it hurts (ok, I know Todd Hamilton had won the Honda and a buttload of Asian events, but still)
3. Daly - Gotta go with a fat guy like me
4. Anybody but Vijay - I root for anyone that has a chance to beat the Fijian.
5. Jay Haas - I'd love to see that guy win a major. Unfortunately, I don't think I will (I'm not talking Champions Tour guys, come on)

LPGA
1. Christie Kerr - My favorite. The first one I look for on the leaderboard.
2. Michelle Wie - I want her to win on tour and quiet the naysayers. I guess a buttload of seconds ain't good enough them. Heck, where would she be on the money list right now if she wasn't an amatuer?
3. Paula Creamer - I'm diggin' her style. I'm really excited about watching her in the future. I expect big things.
4. Natalie Gulbis - Of course she is drop dead gorgeous, but she has game too. I want her to win to shake the Anna Kournikova tag as just a pretty face that can't win.
5. Laura Diaz - Read an interview with her, and I think she is just a super nice lady, so I am behind her.

Champions Tour
1. Peter Jacobsen - He's just a cool dude.
2. Alan Doyle, Ron Streck, Dana Quigley, and an others with ridiculous swings that make my swing look great. That motivates me to see those knuckleheads win with those nasty swings.
3. That's all I got. Nobody really cares who wins those events except the field and their families. I mean, come on, can anyone actually tell me how many majors any of these guys have? Who keeps track? You just turn it on, watch, and then forget about it after. Right? I know, they can play, and they'd all kick my $&%!

Nationwide Tour
1. NOT! I ain't going there.
R7 Quad 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher 13*
Cleveland Launcher 15*
Ben Hogan C455 21*
MP-33 PW-4 iron MP Series 56* & 60*Corza MonzaProV1

• Administrator
PGA Tour:
1. Woods
2. Els (oh well)
3. Couples
4. Haas (either)
5. Harrington

LPGA:
1. Laura (Diaz, not Davies)
2. Annika
3. Cristie
4. Paula
5. Wie (she needs all the help she can get)

Champions Tour:
1. Jacobsen
2. Haas
3. Watson
4. Doyle
5. Irwin

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Furyk (swings like me.......or vice versa)
2. Azinger (love the home-made swings, see above)
3. Freddy
4. Fuzzy
5. Daly
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

1. Tiger - Love watching him swing the club...and putt too. Just about perfect technique in both.
2. Davis Love III - I've always enjoyed his game and wish the guy would get another major.
3. David Toms - I kinda like the solid, quiet guys. Toms is a perfect example of this. Beautiful putting stroke as well.
4. Jim Furyk - Again, another solid, quiet guy. Goes about his buisness and doesn't get rattled easily.
5. Chris DiMarco - He will win a major. Coming in 2nd is only going to make him stronger. Another good guy.

Just off the list - Adam Scott, Phil, Sergio.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Jim Furyk - Classy guy with a wierd swing
Fred Couples - Hometown boy with a lazy swing
Tiger Woods - I'm enjoying the march to 19 Majors
John Daly - Hits it a mile... my favorite underdog
Sean O'Hair - Classy new kid. Handling adveristy with grace and winning too.

Not necessarily in that order. There are a lot of others who'd qualify for my top five depending on what day it is.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Reteif
David Toms
Bruce Lietzke
Miguel Angel Jiminez
Olazabal

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

PGA
1. Peter Jacobsen
2. Chris DeMarco
3. Kenny Perry
4. Billy Mayfair
5. Briny Baird

LPGA
1. Meg Mallon
2. Karen Stupples
3. Lorena Ochoa
4. Birdie Kim
5. Si Re Pak

Sr. PGA
1. Lee Trevino
2. Jim Colbert
3. J.C. Snead
4. Nick Price
5. Arnold Palmer

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

1. Tiger
2. Adam Scott
3. John Daly
4. Vijay Singh
5. Ernie Els

honorable mention
Phil Mickelson
Luke Donald
Shigeki Maruyama

LPGA
1. Michelle Wie
2. Christie Kerr
3. Paula Creamer
4. Annika Sorenstam
5. Grace Park

Champions Tour (I rarely watch an entire round but)
1. Greg Norman
2. Tom Watson
3. Jim Thorpe
4. Hale Irwin
5. Lee Trevino

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

Who is your favorite? Meaning, who do you want to see win every week?

Tiger is definitely great, but I'm finding him to be a very, very poor role model when it comes to golf. When wanting to get your 9 year old to love golf as much as you do, but watching one of the greatest golfers have temper tantrums and swearing after every bad hit gets old. In my opinion it definitely takes him down a few notches in being a professional. Few others, who get as much TV exposure as Tiger are as unprofessional as he is.

It’s unfortunate that I couldn’t find it in me to enjoy his win at the Open. He’s the guy I wouldn’t want to play with on the course. He may be out to beat Jack in the record books, but he sure could stand to learn a lot from Jack as far as being a professional and true sportsman. Just my 2 cents.

PGA:
1. Tiger - Makes some incredible golf shots and never quits.
2. Daly - A fun player to watch even when he's playing bad.
3. Kenny Perry - Looks like a regular guy. I can't figure out how that swing produces such a long, straight ball???
4. David Toms - Usually holds his own against the big hitters.
5. Fred Funk - I'd just love to hit 270 and be in the fairway 80% of the time.

LPGA:
1. Laura Diaz
2. Natalie Gulbis
3. Annika
4. Wie
5. Kerr

Champions:
1. Trevino
2. Thorpe
3. Watson
4. Stadler
5. Jacobson
What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

Yeah, I definitely don't cheer for Tiger. I respect what he does on the golf course and what he has done to elevate the game of golf. But that don't mean I have to cheer him on to victory. As you can see, however, he wins whether I cheer for him or not. Anyway, my list is definitely different from everyone's.

1. Charles Howell III- I'm dissapointed in his performance the past two years, but he still has the talent to win on any given week. He will start winning soon I hope. He's still my favorite.

2. Adam Scott- Another young guy that I enjoy watching. He is so calm on the course, yet so talented. I think he will be Tiger's next real rival at the top.

3. Lee Janzen- Hey, he has won two U.S. Opens and a Players Championship. That's a good career I guess. I still want him to win though, as he hasn't done it since his 98 Open win.

4. Justin Leonard- I have always been a fan of Justin Leonard. I like seeing him win, but I wish he could have pulled out the PGA Championship last year. That would have been nice to see for me anyway.

5. Retief Goosen- Retief is really the only member of the Big Five that I root for. I don't mind Ernie Els, but I really don't care for Tiger, Vijay, and Phil. Retief is also very calm on the course whether is shooting a 65 or a final-round 81. He will win 3 or 4 more majors before he is done IMO.

• Administrator
Few others, who get as much TV exposure as Tiger are as unprofessional as he is.

Nobody else gets as much TV exposure as Tiger. Vijay Singh won the Buick and is a story all unto himself, but Tiger still probably had 25% more TV coverage than Vijay. Heck, Tiger had nearly as much coverage as the rest of the field - Vijay included - only losing that tally 40/60.

He may be out to beat Jack in the record books, but he sure could stand to learn a lot from Jack as far as being a professional and true sportsman.

Nicklaus was good at putting on a phony face on the golf course, and your memories of him are no doubt tainted by the numerous replays of him winning tournaments. Of course he's in a good mood in those tournaments. I'm not saying he didn't swear or toss a club against a bag (though he did, on occasion), but he wasn't the saint you seem to think he was. Combined with Jack's off-course behavior - he made a lot of enemies - you've really gotta watch how high a pedestal you put him on.

Tiger remains a role model to me for his drive, his desire, his tenacity. I think kids are smart enough to know that what works for Tiger may not be appropriate for others, particularly someone who's 12 or 14 or whatever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

PGA
1. Woods
2. Goosen
3. Daly
4. O'Hair
5. Maruyama

LPGA

1. Se Ri Pak
2. Creamer
3. JJ
4. Mi Hyun Kim
5. Wie

Driver: 913D2, 9.5°
3-Wood: V-Steel, 15°
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP, 19°
Irons: MP-64, 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM 54.10, 60.08 Putter: Studio Style Newport 2

Ball: ProV1

PGA:

1. David Toms ( LOVE HIS SWING! He is calm and can hold his own)
2. Adam Scott (Young and has alot of potential)
3. Tiger Woods (always love to see the old fist pump)
4. Chris DiMarco (i have admired him since the masters)
5. Freddy Couples (LOVE the smooth swing!)

I also like John Daly but that is a whole seperate story!

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

[QUOTE=shakespeare]Who is your favorite? Meaning, who do you want to see win every week?
Mine.

Anybody but Tiger. I am sick of hearing about him. I was elated when Elkington posted a 3 under Monday to officially put him out of the winners circle.
LPGA

• 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 6756 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!