IGNORED

Premier League 2018-19

alleztom
Note: This thread is 2059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With the World Cup finished, the new season nearly here, and my Wolves recently promoted, I thought it time to start a thread for the football this season.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Going to be a good season. The Terriers have put a decent squad together so fingers crossed for a better (and less stressful) season. If we can finish closer to the top 10 i'll be happy.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

If 5 years ago you'd have said we'd be facing each other in the big dance I'd have thought you mad. My wife supports Huddersfield so I hope they have a good season too (and as an Aussie I hope you keep a hold of Mooy and he has another great year).

Well Town are once again favourites for relegation which is fine by us. Takes the pressure off. I think Wolves will do just fine in the Prem.

Just hope Man City are given some better competition this year (Think they are Town's first game so im sure big Laurent Depoitre will put a few passed them :-P)

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 minute ago, RussUK said:

I think Wolves will do just fine in the Prem.

We are stacked. Last year was a little bit like playing a computer game on cheat mode. I reckon mid-table mediocrity here we come. I reckon you guys will be fine though, well organised puts you a step ahead of a lot of bottom half teams.

9 minutes ago, alleztom said:

I reckon mid-table mediocrity here we come.

Never a bad thing for a side just promoted. 

It's been a bit since the Black and Gold has been on the tv over in this part of the world.

A buddy of mine is a big Fulham fan so he’s very excited for this coming season.

Since I went to my first match last year (Tottenham v CP at Wembley) I’ll pull for Spurs. 🙂

I'll be pulling for Bournemouth, again, as I have since they were first promoted.  Hope they fare better against lower half sides than they did last season.  Up...to 17th...the Cherries!

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this edition. 

The money has just gone beserk, it never used to bother me , but it now feels that we (fans) are just pawns in a game being played by rich men. This includes the players, who don't have the same loyalty towards their clubs, and probably even less towards the fans. 

There'll always be surprises, but to a large extent the finishing positions are determined in advance by the finances of each club. We also now have to put up with VAR, which is there for financial reasons despite the fact that it takes away from the fan experience. 

My favourite club in the PL, Chelsea, is losing it's soul, and probably most of the best players too before the transfer window closes. 

I'm glad I have to Golf to enjoy instead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moxley said:

There'll always be surprises, but to a large extent the finishing positions are determined in advance by the finances of each club. We also now have to put up with VAR, which is there for financial reasons despite the fact that it takes away from the fan experience.  

These two points are related for me. VAR helps remove the randomness which allowed the richest to sometimes lose.

Just realized that I'll be right in the middle of the first round of my club championship when Wolves kick off against Everton.

Stupid golf. Always getting in the way of football.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, Golfingdad said:

A buddy of mine is a big Fulham fan so he’s very excited for this coming season.

Since I went to my first match last year (Tottenham v CP at Wembley) I’ll pull for Spurs. 🙂

Boooo!! Go Gunners! 😀

12 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Just realized that I'll be right in the middle of the first round of my club championship when Wolves kick off against Everton.

Stupid golf. Always getting in the way of football.

One of the few benefits of watching football in Australia is that the kick-off never interfere with golf, what with them being in the middle of the night.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:19 AM, Golfingdad said:

They will break your heart over, and over, and over again. Good choice, I see where you're coming from. 🐺

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here, Liverpool supporter for close to 20 years. Hoping for another good season and also hoping we can give City a good challenge for the title. A very solid win at Palace today, a game we would have easily lost or drew just a few years ago. 

Looking forward to some banter...  😉

After 2 "practice" matches against chelsea and Man City our season starts on Saturday against Cardif. We need to get a result seeing as i'm taking my eldest to see it. He's a lucky charm as when he came to watch the friendly against Lyon we won 3-1. Come on you Terriers!

Early doors, but I can see a familiar pattern likely repeating this season

• City to be champions , gap smaller than last season, but in the end it'll still be comfortable. 
  • Liverpool & Spurs will both keep on city's coattails, until they blow up in April or may as they always do. 
  • Chelsea's good start will likely not continue , but they might get 4th depending on when Man Utd sack Mourinho. 
  • Man Utd will implode completely in typical Mourinho fashion - it will be sad to see, but the signs are very clear. 
  • Arsenal will be the same Joke they always are. 

2 hours ago, Moxley said:

Man Utd will implode completely in typical Mourinho fashion - it will be sad to see, but the signs are very clear. 

He's had a bit of history doing that. 

Sounds like its a lot of the club not buying him the talent he wants and Jose having a fit about it.

Note: This thread is 2059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!