39 posts / 5536 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

IMG_3405.thumb.JPG.bc53e45173c0e77493543559ed063eab.JPG

Got my brand spanking new 2019 Srixon Z Star balls with SeRM!!  Going to give em a ride tomorrow.  The cover definitely feels different and it looks a little brighter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SeRM?   

According to Srixon: A coating with flexible molecular bonds digs deep into wedge and iron grooves, maximizing spin for more control and more stopping power.

SeRM according to Google:  Selective estrogen receptor modulators are a class of drugs that act on the estrogen receptor

Which one came first?   Estrogen receptor modulators or golf ball coating?   And if the balls are coated with estrogen what issues will it cause (I'm not going there...I'm married!);-)

Maybe the SeRM are intended for women only? Seriously though, every Srixon ball that I've found has felt great when I've hit it, and seemed to carry a good distance. I honestly don't know why I've never bought any! Maybe I'm stuck in a rut.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Maybe the SeRM are intended for women only? Seriously though, every Srixon ball that I've found has felt great when I've hit it, and seemed to carry a good distance. I honestly don't know why I've never bought any! Maybe I'm stuck in a rut.

You owe it to try the Q Star tour one time. Dick's usually has sample packs and you can get them online too. Moderate feel, 30 per dozen, comes in yellow and they spin on the green! They usually run sales on them too. 

5 minutes ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

You owe it to try the Q Star tour one time. Dick's usually has sample packs and you can get them online too. Moderate feel, 30 per dozen, comes in yellow and they spin on the green! They usually run sales on them too. 

I like the Q Star Tour. It would be my second choice after Z Star

12 hours ago, dennyjones said:

According to Srixon: A coating with flexible molecular bonds digs deep into wedge and iron grooves, maximizing spin for more control and more stopping power.

Umm, all covalent bonds are "flexible". :-P 

Polyurethane.png

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Umm, all covalent bonds are "flexible". :-P 

Polyurethane.png

Ya but it's all about the advertising.   Who marketed it first.

After using the Z Stars today, I really like them! Softer feel than last year but a ton of distance. The short game spin isn’t as good as a prov1 but it’s still good. Didn’t notice any scratches after the trees I hit today. 😉

3 minutes ago, phillyk said:

After using the Z Stars today, I really like them! Softer feel than last year but a ton of distance. The short game spin isn’t as good as a prov1 but it’s still good. Didn’t notice any scratches after the trees I hit today. 😉

Maybe they improved their design. I tried their high end golf balls about 4 years ago and found a significant difference in distance from the ProV1, MTB, and the Penta. It was like 10 yards or so. 

3 hours ago, Glowing4Golf said:

My father played Srixon (Z star xv) a long time .. Now switched to balls called "Softfli", Maxfli I guess. I can´t understand but he feels better with them

He must prefer a much softer and cheaper ball. I do as well. But, there's no green side spin with the softfli's.

Last year when Srixon discounted the ZStars and QStar Tour, I bought some  of each to see which I liked best.  I liked the regular ZStar.  The XV was maybe a touch longer off the tee but the feel and the action on the green that I got from the Zstar really convinced me.  I hope they mark them down again this year.  I will buy a truck load.

Thinking of gaming either the Z-star or the Q-star... Anyone know their swing speed ranges for optimal ball performance?

37 minutes ago, themiah06 said:

Thinking of gaming either the Z-star or the Q-star... Anyone know their swing speed ranges for optimal ball performance?

I consider myself a slow swing and really enjoy the Q Star. The Z star is firmer and a quicker swing speed would good.

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

4 minutes ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

I consider myself a slow swing and really enjoy the Q Star. The Z star is firmer and a quicker swing speed would good.

If you have a slower swing speed (under 100 mph) I would highly recommend the Q-Star Tour. 

6 hours ago, Sandhills Golfe said:

6 hours ago, LarryEdwards said:

If you have a slower swing speed (under 100 mph) I would highly recommend the Q-Star Tour. 

I have a driver swing speed of ~105 mph. Will Q-Star still work?