TheMrLandon

Finish the sentence: 2018 was the year of (player)

8 posts / 705 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 hours ago, TheMrLandon said:

In order, I'd say:

1. Tiger

2. Koepka

3. Molinari

If someone argued for Brooks or Molinari above Tiger, I'm not sure they'd be wrong. 

It’s the year of Tiger. The comeback and the build up to his eventual win was what this entire year has been about. Brooks had a POY 2018 no doubt about it, but he still doesn’t move the needle like Tiger. Molinari also had a fantastic year. However, as great as the other two performed this year, 2018 will me known for Tigers comeback over everything else. 

Also...this would make a great poll question. 

Edited by HJJ003

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is probably the right answer because he dominates everything when he's playing. Him winning was undoubtedly the biggest story of the year.

From a pure golf perspective, 2018 was the year of Koepka. But I think he was still behind Tiger.

Every year is the year of Tiger on the pga tour.  

It was the year of the golf ball that goes higher, straighter, and longer.  It was the year of the golf club that offers both explosive distance and maximum forgiveness.  Did I mention that the golf ball has amazing soft touch around the green?  In short...2018 was the greatest year (yet) to be a golfer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Range Session - Primarily Driver Wedge DTL Wedge DTL - Trying to be a bit more vertical with the club at A3. Still a bit of squishy the right hip and drive the right side thru better.  Driver - The Bad!!! Driver - Took me all range session to figure out a shorter swing feel.  Slower takeaway with less focus on hand/arm movement Feel like it's a chippy motion feel. Feel like half the amount of shoulder turn/pivot AND The only things I am struggling with now is trying to get the right side through and staying a bit over the ball when I turn. I tend to stand up and drop the club too far on the inside. The shorter turn doesn't feel like I got enough time to turn.   
    • I thought this was real at the beginning.  Like a cheater on the course.  Very funny.
    • Ecco spikeless and a clicgear push cart.
    • I have seen cheating over the years while golfing. I have even seen it during a pga tournament a few times. It happens. The most common was doing the foot wedge thing, or the ball moved position during their address.  I have always looked at cheaters, that at the end of the day, they knew they cheated, and some folks knew they were cheaters. The fact that cheating didn't bother them, was their problem. A problem which would eventually catch up to them later on in life..  I have seen folks, pick up their ball, an ultra short tap in, but still count the pick up as a stroke. Cheating? Yeah, it is, plus they probably wrote down the wrong score, since they didn't hole out for a score on that hole. Now, when our crazy, old guys group get together for a round of 18 holes, I know that myself, and others will knowingly skirt the rules in the name of "gamesmanship". We basically just screw with each other, in a fun way, just because we are out there having a good time, at our own expense.  I can't tell you how many times my marker some how moved from a 3' foot putt, to a 6' footer. That, or a ball accidently, intentionally became lost under the tire of a golf cart. Playing it as it lies when found. 
    • hey yall, I was curious if any of you have a suggestion for shoes when you walk 18.  I currently have the footjoy freestyle.  They are comfortable but after 14 holes today, my feet were killing me.  I am looking to get some better shoes.  I am looking at the footjoy flex that came out this year.  They are spikeless but there are hardly any reviews on them.  What do you wear when you walk? Now i carry my bag on my back and have lightened the bag to the bare essentials.  Thank you!!
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. benharris
      benharris
      (27 years old)
    2. Erik Tedfelt
      Erik Tedfelt
      (24 years old)
    3. hlan
      hlan
      (34 years old)
    4. Hookman
      Hookman
      (27 years old)
    5. Jacob
      Jacob
      (31 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...