IGNORED

2019 Valspar Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's the Bear Trap, doesn't this course have some nickname for a stretch of holes? I can't remember. I think Akshay Bhatia, number one ranked junior for a long time, is playing.

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 10.03.51 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16-18 ‘’The Snake Pit”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

16-18 ‘’The Snake Pit”

THAT'S IT!!!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

And the amateur's goal is "to win."

Uh huh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Still a long way to go obviously, but he's off to a great start on his first hole in a PGA Tour tournament.

image.png

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

25 minutes ago, klineka said:

Still a long way to go obviously, but he's off to a great start on his first hole in a PGA Tour tournament.

image.png

Andddd promptly follows it up with a 7 on a par 5 :doh:

• Thumbs Up 1

I went today. It was my first ever PGA tourney. I live about 45 minutes from the course and have never been. I was able to witness Knox's albatross. The shot at least. No one could really see the pin. Not even him.

1Copperhead.jpg

Copperhead.jpg

Edited by Ballgame59
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Golf is good. The Grint User name = Ballgame59

:ping: Karsen Zing Orange dot 4-W,  :mizuno:  JPX 900 D,3W,4&5H,  :titleist: Vokey SM4 56,  Ray Cook M1 Mallet, :bridgestone: e12

:adidas:  Tech Response. Any glove'll do.

Nice! So how was your first time? I always like seeing these guys hit in person. It’s just something to see how pure they hit the ball. Weather looked perfect. Thanks for posting!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

50 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Nice! So how was your first time? I always like seeing these guys hit in person. It’s just something to see how pure they hit the ball. Weather looked perfect. Thanks for posting!

It was pretty great! I was in awe with the whole thing. The size of the course, the distance they hit the ball, and even the hills ha! I want to kick myself for not going sooner. The weather was perfect too.

52 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

I live about five minutes from course. I usually go every year but I’m not going this year. Last year was pretty cool to see Tiger Woods up close.

Wow! Nice to live that close. I can actually take Belcher from it's southern most point. I didn't buy parking ahead of time so we didn't know exactly where to park. I ended up parking at Bentley Elementary School and we took the shuttle. It really wasn't bad. 10 bus ride to and from. 

• Like 1

Golf is good. The Grint User name = Ballgame59

:ping: Karsen Zing Orange dot 4-W,  :mizuno:  JPX 900 D,3W,4&5H,  :titleist: Vokey SM4 56,  Ray Cook M1 Mallet, :bridgestone: e12

:adidas:  Tech Response. Any glove'll do.

Akshay Bhatia is -3 through 7 holes today. 1 shot inside the cut line right now. IMO that's pretty impressive from a 17 year old even if he doesnt end up making the cut.

I just saw Luke Donald’s shirt...I had a little animal head on it. Whose he sponsored by at the moment?

Im surprised he never made his way back up the OWGR. Did the distance monsters take over that much...or did he change?

11 hours ago, klineka said:

Akshay Bhatia is -3 through 7 holes today. 1 shot inside the cut line right now. IMO that's pretty impressive from a 17 year old even if he doesnt end up making the cut.

Meh. Just another amateur with big dreams. Nothing special here...move along.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:25 PM, Vinsk said:

Meh. Just another amateur with big dreams. Nothing special here...move along.

Uh, didn't Palmer, Nicklaus, Woods and many others start out as amateurs with big dreams? 

I was pulling hard for Jason Kokrak today. He grew up locally and played HS golf at Warren JFK. He's been on Tour for 8 years and makes a nice living, but he's never won. I think today was the closest he might have come. Even the guys in the booth seemed surprised that he hasn't broken through.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Uh, didn't Palmer, Nicklaus, Woods and many others start out as amateurs with big dreams? 

I was pulling hard for Jason Kokrak today. He grew up locally and played HS golf at Warren JFK. He's been on Tour for 8 years and makes a nice living, but he's never won. I think today was the closest he might have come. Even the guys in the booth seemed surprised that he hasn't broken through.

A lot more, thousands haven’t and won’t achieve a Nicklaus, Palmer or Woods status. I’m saying I didn’t see anything unusual other than him expressing his intent to win the Valspar. 

I too was pulling for Kokrak. He needs a win. I like his radio show too.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I’m saying I didn’t see anything unusual other than him expressing his intent to win the Valspar. 

A 17 year old who can drive it 340+ yds and be within a couple shots of making the cut at his first PGA tournament is pretty unusual IMO.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, klineka said:

A 17 year old who can drive it 340+ yds and be within a couple shots of making the cut at his first PGA tournament is pretty unusual IMO.

Wie got closer at 14. 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!