IGNORED

How often do you clean your clubs?

formula428
Note: This thread is 3945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I clean my clubs after every shot on the course, after the round I either wipe them down when I get home or have the cart guys clean them.  I will say I think I do a better job than the cart guys.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

• 10 months later...
here's a question.  what do you use to keep steel shafts looking new?

Nothing at all. If you like, you can put some car wax on them, but it's unnecessary.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm the exact same way. Even after a visit to the range, I can't put my clubs away knowing they're dirty lol. My wife thinks I'm a weirdo since I'm constantly cleaning them but she's stuck with me anyway!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by Matt M

I clean my clubs after every shot on the course, after the round I either wipe them down when I get home or have the cart guys clean them.  I will say I think I do a better job than the cart guys.

I always tell the cart guys "I'm good."  I know they are generally high school kids begging for tips, but in all honesty they rarely do anything - they just want to stand there and annoy you and lightly wipe your clubs until you give them a buck to go away.  There is no intent to actually clean your clubs and the grooves from my experience, so I don't bother.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Mine get in the shower with me at night...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Wipe off my warm-up clubs before I leave the practice range, and wipe off face after shots on the course. Home course has decent club-and-ball cleaner box on back of carts.

One problem on my cavity-back irons - if you get a clubhead full of mud, extra water to clean it gets trapped in creases on back of clubhead.

Will wash down heads later at home if course was muddy that day.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I wipe them down after every shot and the club does a full cleaning after every round.

Joe Paradiso

We need a thread on common sense?

Dirt in grooves - bad

Slippery grips - bad

Clean as needed to correct above - good

• Upvote 2

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

I always tell the cart guys "I'm good."  I know they are generally high school kids begging for tips, but in all honesty they rarely do anything - they just want to stand there and annoy you and lightly wipe your clubs until you give them a buck to go away.  There is no intent to actually clean your clubs and the grooves from my experience, so I don't bother.

That is not my experience. First of all, I used to do it as a kid and I took it very seriously. And, at least where I play, the kids who do it take it seriously or they are out of a job pretty quickly.

Bill M

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I wipe them down after every shot and the club does a full cleaning after every round.

^^^^^

This ... is what I try to do.

At the range, they have cleaning buckets. I use them. I always bring a towel (club glove - thin and soaks up water), wet it, and put it next to my bag. After a few shots, that iron gets clean and brushed. I get to rest and think about the one thing I'm primarily working on ... and what drills are needed for that issue.

And now, since most grips are synthetic, water does them good. On the range, I wet the other half of the towel and the grip gets a wipe down before I "graduate" to another club. Every couple of times at the range, during the hot months, the grips get a full cleaning along with the clubheads.

I've never had a bad experience with the "cart kids". The last time I had one come up to me he was actually taking his sweet time on each club, when I got home nothing needed to be cleaned.. grooves.. creases you name it. I felt bad because I tipped him a car was token... Just kidding :) He got 7 bucks lol

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by phan52

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

That is not my experience. First of all, I used to do it as a kid and I took it very seriously. And, at least where I play, the kids who do it take it seriously or they are out of a job pretty quickly.

Yeah.  I hate cheapskates.  The kids are at least making some effort to earn some money instead of relying on Daddy for an allowance.  If i can afford to play the type of course which has this service, I can afford a couple of bucks to tip them for cleaning up my clubs, whether they need it or not.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I keep a plastic scrapper in my bag and clean the grooves after or before every shot. I clean my grips about every other weak.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can honestly say that I've never once cleaned my grips, but  I do replace them every year and never have grip issues.  I'm curious how many people who claim to clean their grips are using grips that are old, shiny, and worn.

My grips never touch the ground either....I carry a towel to lay my clubs on too keep the grips from touching the ground when I'm on or around the green.  I always chuckle to myself when I see people lay their clubs in wet grass.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I can honestly say that I've never once cleaned my grips, but  I do replace them every year and never have grip issues.  I'm curious how many people who claim to clean their grips are using grips that are old, shiny, and worn.

My grips never touch the ground either....I carry a towel to lay my clubs on too keep the grips from touching the ground when I'm on or around the green.  I always chuckle to myself when I see people lay their clubs in wet grass.

You would be chuckling a lot if you saw me play. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I might lay a wedge across the flag stick to keep the grip dry but most of the time I don't care and just wipe it off when I pick it up.

I used to wash my grips occasionally but since I started using Chamois grips a few years ago there's no need. They don't even get slick when it's raining or my hands are sweating.

Note: This thread is 3945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!