IGNORED

How often do you clean your clubs?

formula428
Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious who cleans their clubs and how often?  After every round?  Every other?  Never?

Driver -- TM Burner 2.0 9.5º

FWs -- TM Burner 2.0 15º / 18º

Hybrids -- TM Raylor 19º and 22º

Irons -- TM Burner Plus (4i - PW, AW, SW), TM Burner 1.0 LW

Putter -- Scotty Cameron Mallet Phantom 2

Bag -- TM Stratus 3.0

Ball -- Top Flight Gamer V2, Titleist DT Solo

In my early days of doing research with a surgeon I was taught that a good workman should always have a clean set of tools.  I try to clean the clubs after every round, but usually don't clean them thoroughly before going to the range - just a quick wipe-down.

It just feels good to show up with a shiny set of sticks, even if they don't always do what you want them to do.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Clean as I play with the club cleaner on the cart. Also the guys in the cart barn toss wet towels on the carts for us. Something to do while I wait for the slow folks ahead .

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After every shot. I can't put the club back in the bag if it's got dirt in the grooves or somewhere else.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

as far as a really thorough "getting all of the dirt out of the grooves" level cleaning...almost never, honestly.  maybe once every six months i'll give them a real good, deep down cleaning.  the rest of the time it's a light rub with the towel or fingers just to get the biggest bits of grass or dirt off the face.

Originally Posted by formula428

Just curious who cleans their clubs and how often?  After every round?  Every other?  Never?

After every shot.  Why wouldn't you?  There's plenty of time between shots, and then I don't have to worry about it later.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'm assuming you mean how often do you clean the whole set, and not referring to cleaning the dirt out of the grooves after a shot (which is after every shot for me).

I try to give them a thorough cleaning about once a month, concentrating more on the grips since they can get a little slick from the perspiration from my hands. Bucket of warm water, a little dish soap, put the clubs in grip-first & let them soak for about 15 mins then scrub the grips, rinse them off, wipe them down.

Originally Posted by Zeph

After every shot. I can't put the club back in the bag if it's got dirt in the grooves or somewhere else.

Just part of my routine to wipe the club head with a towel (a little water poured onto one end of the towel) before putting a club back in the bag. I do this while walking.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Give them a proper cleaning once every couple of weeks or so. Always make sure I use my groove cleaner between shots and after the round to keep the grooves clean.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

my clubs are so grimy, it's a little sickening. haven't cleaned them with water in, well, never. I should probably do that sometime.

I don't take big divots, especially off the tee. Therefore I only get much dirt in the grooves on occasion, like sand and rough shots or when I try to play different types of shots. I clean them when they're dirty or wet. Then again, my grooves aren't that sharp except on my wedges. I clean all the grips with windex and rinse them after every round or long practice session.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

After every shot with a wet towel.  I have a frogger tool I'll occasionally use for stubborn dirt, especially on the wedges.  I can't play with dirt in the grooves.

I'll scrub the grips as needed, maybe once a month.  I'll change grips 2-3 times a year.

Regards,

John

I clean after every shot, then when it's time to go back to work for my two weeks on I'll sit down the night before and polish every club head and wipe them down so they shine before I leave.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

During a round just real quick with the towel and brush. During the week I grab a coupe libations and do a coos clean and polish. I race high end r/c nitro powered cars and have a pet peeve of a clean immaculate car runs and performs better. Same wih my clubs.

During a round just real quick with the towel and brush. During the week I grab a coupe libations and do a coos clean and polish. I race high end r/c nitro powered cars and have a pet peeve of a clean immaculate car runs and performs better. Same wih my clubs.

Note: This thread is 3917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!