• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boogielicious

Post Count Equals Birth Year - Post Too Much or Just Old?

0   4 votes

1. 1. Post Count Equals Birth Year - Post Too Much or Just Old?

• You post too much. What, don't you have a life?
    • Born in 1960? Wasn't like Eisenhower President. Man you are a fossil! Old and busted!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

I noticed my post count approaching my birth year.  Feel free to insert as many "You're Old" or "You live in your Mom's basement" replies as needed.

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I voted for the second option. You actually don't post enough, B!

I look at my posts like years. So I'm currently in the year 2170. Erik so far ahead they've finally invented hoverboards.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Erik so far ahead they've finally invented hoverboards.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I noticed my post count approaching my birth year.  Feel free to insert as many "You're Old" or "You live in your Mom's basement" replies as needed.

Gotta say, not enough posts!

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I voted for the second option. You actually don't post enough, B!

I look at my posts like years. So I'm currently in the year 2170. Erik so far ahead they've finally invented hoverboards.

In the year 3446 will I finally be able to hit a drive 300 yards like everyone else?

Awards and Achievements

I think I need a few more posts before posting in this thread....or do I....I must be from medieval times, lol

What gets me is guys who have been on the board for a year and have more posts that I do, yet they spend 10 hours on the range and play 3 rounds each week.  That's a lot more leisure time than I have, and I'm retired.  They must have solved the riddle of the flux capacitor.

Awards and Achievements

I'm nearing the middle ages. Sorry Romans.

Awards and Achievements

You aren't posting enough.

Also, wow you're old!!

To be honest, I have been trying to get my post count to 1000 before our next So. Cal. outing. This is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Check out some of the 6500+ posters. Even with that many threads, they manage to write some pretty insightful stuff about golf. See GolfingDad for one, or FourPutt for another. Plus Erik is on me to combine posts using the multi function, which I promised. 1961 is still approaching? Cool. Happy Postday :-))

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Fourputt

What gets me is guys who have been on the board for a year and have more posts that I do, yet they spend 10 hours on the range and play 3 rounds each week.  That's a lot more leisure time than I have, and I'm retired.  They must have solved the riddle of the flux capacitor.

A lot of people post from work.

Look at my first post in this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/1101/what-do-you-do-for-a-living/ .

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

Look at my first post in this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/t/1101/what-do-you-do-for-a-living/ .

Like opening up a time capsule.

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

I retired a year after I joined, so I probably posted a few of my early ones from work too.

Notice my typical post times:

8 AM - 5 PM

and

10 PM - 12 AM

And my post count goes down considerably on weekends.

Wait, what's a capacitor...and what's golf? (Looks at post count/year)

Awards and Achievements

I retired a year after I joined, so I probably posted a few of my early ones from work too.

I would imagine that you spend a lot of your time actually playing, rather than on a computer?

Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

I would imagine that you spend a lot of your time actually playing, rather than on a computer?

Unfortunately, I have not had that luxury the last 15 months.  We live on a beautiful tropical island with no golf course. The cost of golf and transportation to any courses in the Bahamas is prohibitive.   Great Exuma is only 23 miles away, with a Course at the Sandals Emerald Bay resort, but I'd have to charter a boat or flight for ~$300, then pay $250 for the golf.  That's a bit out of reach of my wallet.

One month from now I'm headed home to Colorado for 3 weeks, and 2 of those weeks are going to be a golf marathon.

We live on a beautiful tropical island with no golf course.

You should be pretty good out of fairway bunkers, then.

Awards and Achievements