IGNORED

Would you ride the Golfboard?

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You have clearly not read my original post properly because I said ' if you are fit' which you are clearly not. I have no issues with people using carts if it prolongs their enjoyment of the game, in fact no doubt, if I'm lucky enough to get to your age, I will probably need to do the same. My point was that far too many people don't walk when they are able to which is part of the endemic issue of inactivity in society today.

I use carts myself if i'm in a rush etc but only occasionally because I don't get the same enjoyment of the course and find them anti-social if you're in a fourball anyway. There is nothing better for me than spending a few hours shooting the breeze with my friends playing golf and getting exercise at the same time.

I'm not sure what you're rant about your past has anything to do with this conversation really, apart from you trying to be elitist :) It makes no difference to me if you've been captain of the R&A; really because it won't affect my opinion.

My point  is that I don't care what others choose to do, and never have.  It makes no difference whether or not they are capable of walking.  It's a simple case of free choice.  If someone enjoys the game more by kicking back and riding, that's fine with me.

If someone want's to ride this silly board, then go for it.  I wouldn't be caught dead on one, and I don't think that my home course would let a player out on the course with one, but if it's allowed (and you really need to turn golf into a risk sport), then be my guest.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
You have clearly not read my original post properly because I said ' if you are fit' which you are clearly not. I have no issues with people using carts if it prolongs their enjoyment of the game, in fact no doubt, if I'm lucky enough to get to your age, I will probably need to do the same. My point was that far too many people don't walk when they are able to which is part of the endemic issue of inactivity in society today.

I ride fairly often. Almost always, in fact. Partly because it's faster, but also because I can. I am one of the more active people I know. I play several sports. I'm on my feet a lot. I run. So you have a problem with me and think I'm part of a problem plaguing society today? Honest question.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm not sure what you're rant about your past has anything to do with this conversation really, apart from you trying to be elitist :) It makes no difference to me if you've been captain of the R&A; really because it won't affect my opinion.

I think this sort of steadfast devotion to one's opinion is much worse for society than golf carts. The point of discussion is to interact and learn, not blind yourself from what might be the truth.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
I think this sort of steadfast devotion to one's opinion is much worse for society than golf carts. The point of discussion is to interact and learn, not blind yourself from what might be the truth.

Stop making sense!! This is the Internet for crying out loud!!!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I'm wrong that Fourputts past achievements in golf have no bearing on the fact that I believe golf carts should be used less? Or are you an amateur philosopher in training?

Exercise is exercise. I'm not alone in claiming that walking is the best kind of exercise. You can go ahead and kill yourself in a weight room, but it will not improve your overall health. Some say that golf is a game, not a sport. Some consider bowling a sport. It's all a matter of how you look at it. They are still called the Olympic Games in spite of all the weightlifting and other physical events.

Exercise is exercise. I'm not alone in claiming that walking is the best kind of exercise. You can go ahead and kill yourself in a weight room, but it will not improve your overall health. Some say that golf is a game, not a sport. Some consider bowling a sport. It's all a matter of how you look at it. They are still called the Olympic Games in spite of all the weightlifting and other physical events.

Agreed! As a rule, the general population need to eat less McDonalds and walk a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourputt View Post

If someone want's to ride this silly board, then go for it.  I wouldn't be caught dead on one,

I think that's an interesting turn of phrase.  It pretty means that the only way you would be caught on one, is after you died and someone put you there.

let alone the phrase "turn of phrase"

I like to ride, sometimes I like to walk.  Neither choice ever has to do with exercise.  I get that more directly and more intensely and enjoy it.  Frankly, 'health' for me has more to do with nutrition choices than anything else.  As for what I think 'other' people should do?  I don't much care and I'm happy for them.  that line is drawn when they start trying to tell me and others how to live and what choices they 'should' be making.

If I had a board like that, it's likely I'd enjoy riding it, but in more places than just a golf course.

Quote:
Agreed! As a rule, the general population need to eat less McDonalds and walk a lot more.

It's not my business.  They can eat where and what they like.  Even if it means I look at fat and ugly people all the time - as disgusting as that is.  But if they expect me to subsidize their medical bills too?  Then I'm behind you all the way.

Bill - 

And you being a bit of a jerk will change all that? I walk when I want-I ride when I want. Whats it to you?[quote name="Robster 7" url="/t/71042/would-you-ride-the-golfboard/54#post_920814"] Agreed! As a rule, the general population need to eat less McDonalds and walk a lot more.[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I walk when I want-I ride when I want. Whats it to you?

hee hee

if he's a liberal, then he'll pass a law forcing you to walk - for the children and the unions and for your own darn good

if he's a conservative, then he'll pass a law forcing you to pray while you are forced to walk - because that's what decent folk do

---in both cases, you do need to feel guilty about it

if he's a libertarian.....then it's just a personal opinion and he won't care what you do, but he'll choose to walk himself

(the first two are why people in my country are so sensitive when others voice strong opinions - IMNSHO)

Bill - 

And you being a bit of a jerk will change all that? I walk when I want-I ride when I want. Whats it to you?

Well done! I was giving my opinion on carts, that's all. I thought this was a discussion forum. Maybe I'm wrong.

hee hee if he's a liberal, then he'll pass a law forcing you to walk - for the children and the unions and for your own darn good if he's a conservative, then he'll pass a law forcing you to pray while you are forced to walk - because that's what decent folk do ---in both cases, you do need to feel guilty about it if he's a libertarian.....then it's just a personal opinion and he won't care what you do, but he'll choose to walk himself (the first two are why people in my country are so sensitive when others voice strong opinions - IMNSHO)

Sensitive is an understatement! :-D

Is there a no binding option?  I thought I might have seen some guys in the video riding without, but wasn't sure.  From a safety standpoint, you would likely fall off more often without bindings, but could step out of your fall.

How does the weight of 2 of these compare to 1 golf cart?

I can think of at least one snowboarder who I have golfed with that would probably like this.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

If someone want's to ride this silly board, then go for it.  I wouldn't be caught dead on one,

I think that's an interesting turn of phrase.  It pretty means that the only way you would be caught on one, is after you died and someone put you there.

No, it means he would only ride one if he was alive but not if he was dead…or maybe it means if he were to ride one whilst being dead you would not be able to catch him…or does it mean he would ride one either way but you would only be able to catch him if he was alive, but not if he's dead... :-\

Meh…it's the same difference.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

I was giving my opinion on carts, that's all. I thought this was a discussion forum. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's not all, no. You shared your opinion on other people , too, and I took issue with that as well as @Fourputt and @Phil McGleno . You didn't answer my question (above).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rehmwa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

No, it means he would only ride one if he was alive but not if he was dead…or maybe it means if he were to ride one whilst being dead you would not be able to catch him…or does it mean he would ride one either way but you would only be able to catch him if he was alive, but not if he's dead...

Meh…it's the same difference.

Maybe I should have said that if I tried to ride one, I would stand a good chance of being severely injured or killed by the experience, thus I choose not to turn golf into a risk sport.

I took my risks back in the 80's when I was a whitewater kayaker.  Fortunately (depending on how you look at it) a minor back injury ended my participation in that before the sport had the chance to end my participation in life. :surrender:

Now I'm happy to pursue life on a gentler path.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I ride fairly often. Almost always, in fact. Partly because it's faster, but also because I can. I am one of the more active people I know. I play several sports. I'm on my feet a lot. I run. So you have a problem with me and think I'm part of a problem plaguing society today? Honest question.

Sorry, I missed this question. No, I have no issue with whatever you choose to do, like I said, I use carts occasionally when time is an issue too but it isn't the same experience as walking and certainly not as enjoyable for me. It has slowly crept into golf in the last few years that it's at a point where certain clubs, especially in the US, require you to use carts and I personally find it ridiculous as I'm quite capable of walking. This may be a Trans-Atlantic issue lost in translation because carts are not used as much in the UK and I just don't wish to see it going that way here. After all, you drive everywhere in the states because that's how things have been set up and we don't but it's certainly not uncommon these days for someone to get in the car and drive 1/2 mile to the shops, so we're not far behind you! :~(

Is there a no binding option?  I thought I might have seen some guys in the video riding without, but wasn't sure.  From a safety standpoint, you would likely fall off more often without bindings, but could step out of your fall.

How does the weight of 2 of these compare to 1 golf cart?

I can think of at least one snowboarder who I have golfed with that would probably like this.

I saw a binding in one view then the next, it was gone. I think they are evaluating it. I think something that grips to your cleats like a small carpet of super tightly bound astro-turf would be enough. The bag should go in a holder and attached to the handle bar (for those that need it).

It does not look that heavy, a golf cart is easily more than twice the weight.

This would be a great way to get more folks in So. Cal. to golf. Especially our 9 hole courses with lots of hills and mountain views. (Hint: to Eaton Canyon and Altadena...)

The skiing/boarding is pretty bad here. All we have are ice and rocks, or man made snow on bunny slopes only when it's cold enough.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!