IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First of all... Please stop the elimination holes where they only have to chip / putt. Short game may be important, no argument there, BUT IT IS NOT GOLF! Just because someone can out chip someone doesn't mean anything. It's all about the game as a whole. A great drive an lead to a shorter approach, a great approach can lead to no chipping at all. I said it before, I will again, please full holes only for elimination! Otherwise we are not getting true representation of who the best players are. Someone said it best: we can all see Jackie is the best from 150, but what does that mean? Can she drive? Can see hit 200 yard shots? Still rooting for Sedena, still think she is best. Mary needs to find clothes that fit. Jackie needs to get out of Mary's back pocket. Fiamma needs to do something. And the chick that won last night is probably doomed, she's not in the click, is going to keep getting picked, and doesn't have the game to survive.

First of all... Please stop the elimination holes where they only have to chip / putt. Short game may be important, no argument there, BUT IT IS NOT GOLF! Just because someone can out chip someone doesn't mean anything. It's all about the game as a whole. A great drive an lead to a shorter approach, a great approach can lead to no chipping at all. I said it before, I will again, please full holes only for elimination! Otherwise we are not getting true representation of who the best players are.

Someone said it best: we can all see Jackie is the best from 150, but what does that mean? Can she drive? Can see hit 200 yard shots?

Still rooting for Sedena, still think she is best.

Mary needs to find clothes that fit.

Jackie needs to get out of Mary's back pocket. Fiamma needs to do something. And the chick that won last night is probably doomed, she's not in the click, is going to keep getting picked, and doesn't have the game to survive.

I agree completely. In fact, if more of this season's immunity challenges involved hitting from the tee, I think the current cast would look very different.

As for elimination, they should play 3 holes, a par 3, a 4 and a 5.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all... Please stop the elimination holes where they only have to chip / putt. Short game may be important, no argument there, BUT IT IS NOT GOLF! Just because someone can out chip someone doesn't mean anything. It's all about the game as a whole. A great drive an lead to a shorter approach, a great approach can lead to no chipping at all. I said it before, I will again, please full holes only for elimination! Otherwise we are not getting true representation of who the best players are. Someone said it best: we can all see Jackie is the best from 150, but what does that mean? Can she drive? Can see hit 200 yard shots? Still rooting for Sedena, still think she is best. Mary needs to find clothes that fit. Jackie needs to get out of Mary's back pocket. Fiamma needs to do something. And the chick that won last night is probably doomed, she's not in the click, is going to keep getting picked, and doesn't have the game to survive.

Completely agree, not only is it not golf but it's starting to make for pretty bad TV. I feel like I'm watching the same episode every week.

Completely agree, not only is it not golf but it's starting to make for pretty bad TV. I feel like I'm watching the same episode every week.

Might be there is some concern that Sedana and Mary would have too much of an advantage if driving the ball was part of the challenge.

Joe Paradiso

Talking to Christie on the morning drive, they were remarking on how much better her scores were in the tournaments this year. I am not sure what changes in score she made.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

lol @ Mary saying to Kylee "I think its a bold if statement. I don't think it really means anything. If anything, your trying to fool yourself into being confident rather than intimidate someone else"

seems ironic...

• Upvote 1

lol @ Mary saying to Kylee "I think its a bold if statement. I don't think it really means anything. If anything, your trying to fool yourself into being confident rather than intimidate someone else"

seems ironic...

:-D Yeah she may have been looking at her own reflection in the camera lens or something.

lol @ Mary saying to Kylee "I think its a bold if statement. I don't think it really means anything. If anything, your trying to fool yourself into being confident rather than intimidate someone else"

seems ironic...

Mary acts like a bully when not around the other girls and I bet she is....

All the girls need to just chill, lots of drama for the sake of Drama.

First of all... Please stop the elimination holes where they only have to chip / putt. Short game may be important, no argument there, BUT IT IS NOT GOLF! Just because someone can out chip someone doesn't mean anything. It's all about the game as a whole. A great drive an lead to a shorter approach, a great approach can lead to no chipping at all. I said it before, I will again, please full holes only for elimination! Otherwise we are not getting true representation of who the best players are.

Someone said it best: we can all see Jackie is the best from 150, but what does that mean? Can she drive? Can see hit 200 yard shots?

Still rooting for Sedena, still think she is best.

Mary needs to find clothes that fit.

Jackie needs to get out of Mary's back pocket. Fiamma needs to do something. And the chick that won last night is probably doomed, she's not in the click, is going to keep getting picked, and doesn't have the game to survive.

I agree with everything accept that Kylee doesn't have enough game. I think she does and I would like to see her win but it is going to be an uphill battle because of Mary's click. I would imagine they are going to be picking her for elimination over the next few shows. If she survives that she may be dangerous in the finals.

Sedena and Jackie are easily the two best players left if you look at tournament scores but I just have a feeling that Kylee is going to hang in there, I hope anyways, lol! Funny, I haven't looked at all her tournament scores but if any of them should be humble and quiet it should be Mary. Dropping rounds in the high 70's and 80's even on the Symetra Tour isn't going to cut it as a pro. Mary might be a case of being a better Big Break player than a actual pro tournament golfer because in this format she can bully the group as a whole where that's not going to happen out on tour with the top players.

But I definitely agree the elimination rounds should be 3-4 full holes played!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

anyone see Jackie finish T2 a few weeks ago on the Symetra Tour? and didn't she earn her LPGA card through Q school? how is she on the show?

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

anyone see Jackie finish T2 a few weeks ago on the Symetra Tour? and didn't she earn her LPGA card through Q school? how is she on the show?

The show is pre-taped.

Sorta OT.?

How is it that this show can advertise ceegars..? I thought all tobacco products were banned from TV ads..?

Sorta OT.?

How is it that this show can advertise ceegars..? I thought all tobacco products were banned from TV ads..?

I had the very same thought.

Maybe because it is cable?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Hmmm, I thought that even cable was under the guidelines of the FCC..?

Sorta OT.?

Yeah, I think the ads are still against the rules.

I'm wondering if they are just skirting the rules because it's not actual advertisement.  They say the name "Macanudo" all the time during the show, but as I'm sitting here thinking about it, I can't remember ever hearing them say "cigars."  And they don't ever actually show commercials for it.  Which would be really really wrong, because, you know, we can't have advertisements for harmful drugs on TV ... unless, of course, they're made by a giant pharmaceutical company.

Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seporiasoriasis, itching, chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home... feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, clubfoot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving and sexual dysfunction.*

*from Jeff Foxworthy. ;)

Yeah, I think the ads are still against the rules.

I'm wondering if they are just skirting the rules because it's not actual advertisement.  They say the name "Macanudo" all the time during the show, but as I'm sitting here thinking about it, I can't remember ever hearing them say "cigars."  And they don't ever actually show commercials for it.  Which would be really really wrong, because, you know, we can't have advertisements for harmful drugs on TV ... unless, of course, they're made by a giant pharmaceutical company.

Side effects may include: nausea, vomiting, water weight gain, lower back pain, receding hairline, eczema, seporiasoriasis, itching, chafing clothing, liver spots, blood clots, ringworm, excessive body odor, uneven tire wear, pyorrhea, gonorrhea, diarrhea, halitosis, scoliosis, loss of bladder control, hammertoe, the shanks, low sperm count, warped floors, cluttered drawers, hunchback, heart attack, low resale value on your home... feline leukemia, athlete's foot, head lice, clubfoot, MS, MD, VD, fleas, anxiety, sleeplessness, drowsiness, poor gas mileage, tooth decay, parvo, warts, unibrow, lazy eye, fruit flies, chest pains, clogged drains, hemorrhoids, dry heaving and sexual dysfunction.*

*from Jeff Foxworthy. ;)

I did some quick research on my lunch break. Large cigars are exempt from a lot of the regulations around tobacco products.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/cigarsmoking/cigar-smoking-laws

Kurt

The show is pre-taped

i had the understanding she finished q school after she was accepted to big break but before it started taping. oh well. she probably will win haha

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!