IGNORED

2014 Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread

Snowfly
Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some of these vanity caps are ludicrous... Chris Berman at 18?

Saw two old guys, I think one was Charles Schwab, listed as 6 and 9, laughable...

Berman's 18 is a Glamour Cap for certain. They have shown him play several times over the past number of years and I will just say that if he will bet me with that 18 handicap he can get as much money action as he wants. He needs 3 strokes just to get out of a fairway bunker. 18 my rear end.

Gotta give Peyton Manning for appearing in such a public event so soon after one of the worst days of his professional life. He engaged the fans very graciously as well. Nice, athletic swing too for a guy who has had multiple neck surgeries.

Apparently Peyton called Bill Belichick and asked him about playing after the Superbowl.  BB told him there is no better place to unwind than Pebble Beach.  Jim Harbaugh was there last year as well.  We all get wrapped up thinking these players and coaches are enemies, but that is far from the truth in most cases.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Can someone explain the format/scoring for me? I've only got to watch a few mins here or there, but what I've seen appears to be a standard pro tournament. Do the amateur's scores not affect their professional partner's? I'm struggling to see how the amateurs play a role?

Berman's 18 is a Glamour Cap for certain. They have shown him play several times over the past number of years and I will just say that if he will bet me with that 18 handicap he can get as much money action as he wants. He needs 3 strokes just to get out of a fairway bunker. 18 my rear end.

18 was the max allowed handicap for amateurs in the Humana. If it's the same here, then that would explain why some of these guys are listed at 18. And I agree about Berman ... Looks more like a 30. ------------------ Random neat second hand story: The caddy for one of the ams in Mahans group was the caddie for my dad, and dad in law when they played pebble and spyglass last year.

Ahem, getting on podium to rant.

Every time. Every... single... fraking... time...

When there's someone who's a little under the average height and with what I would call an average build (considered skinny in this day and age because the collective waistline has expanded), the announcers make a point of it. He's 150 pounds soaking wet, yadda yadda yadda. And then they make themselves out to be the good guys by saying but he gets every bit out of his frame or some such. It gets old. And no, I'm not short.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

And Jimmy Walker wins it..Congratz :beer: Dustin Johnson ties for second, was hoping Hunter would birdie 18 for a 4 place tie.

And my man Graeme at T-7. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Can someone explain the format/scoring for me? I've only got to watch a few mins here or there, but what I've seen appears to be a standard pro tournament. Do the amateur's scores not affect their professional partner's? I'm struggling to see how the amateurs play a role?

It appears to be combined best ball, the amatuers get strokes on holes that their handicap dictates.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I hate seeing players come unraveled, it just impacts them so negatively for so long some times, and we don't get to see them play at their best for periods of time. Jimmy Walker seems like a real poised individual though and even said he was striking the ball well it was just the momentum of things going against him a bit. I do think if he would have birdied 14 he would have cruised in at least 3 or 4 clear of everyone.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

They probably don't allow anyone to use more than an 18 in this event, I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

The only negative thing with regards to the tv coverage was, showing the celebs, like kid rock,,meh..and others, instead of giving some coverage to the other pro's. I can watch am's golf everyday, I can't do that when it comes to watching the pro's golf. I haven't watched the final round yet, but in the others, they left out many top name golfers, and I guess decided to go with the "entertainment " card, bad choice imho.

Jimmy Walker! Wow, this guy is the real deal. I think they said 187 PGA starts to win and now he's got 3 this season. That's some impressive stuff. Let's see what else this guy can do.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Dy-no-mite!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Would have been cool to see a playoff with DJ. Wouldn't have been good to see Jimmy lose by missing that putt though.

Yeah, I was kind of routing for that as I wanted to see more golf, but its hard not to route for Walker with his story.

Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!