IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note:Β This thread is 2223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Artbij said:

I use GG so I don't have to remember from where i played the shot :). I used laser for my measurement, the back-end does doesn't matter, I guess GG just calculates the distance between the two GPS points.

GPS isn't as accurate as a laser. I often adjust my locations after the round because of that, particularly when I hit a shot from beside tall trees or something.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I went ahead and bit. Amazon Warehouse Deals has a few for $86 each. I had a $25 Amazon GC from Christmas, so after tax, it's going to be $66. It says the packaging is damaged, but no mention of problems with the device. Here's hoping it comes in good shape, and that it warms up pretty quickly so I can use it!

Perhaps you guys could share some wisdom? I decided it isΒ time to start tracking my game and just recently I got a GG Live really cheaply. Now, however, Garmin hasΒ released the S20 watch with some shot-tracking capabilities? Some of the features looks really nice, like plotting shots from several rounds to analyze how you play a certain hole. Something GG lacks, right?

I realize the S20 isn't out yet, but perhaps you seasoned GG-users have some opinions anyway?Β 

My gut feeling says Garmin will have some difficulties delivering in the software department (as always), and that GG would be the proven alternative... But will GG continue to develop and add new features? (Like the one above...)Β 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Niklas said:

Perhaps you guys could share some wisdom? I decided it isΒ time to start tracking my game and just recently I got a GG Live really cheaply. Now, however, Garmin hasΒ released the S20 watch with some shot-tracking capabilities? Some of the features looks really nice, like plotting shots from several rounds to analyze how you play a certain hole. Something GG lacks, right?

I realize the S20 isn't out yet, but perhaps you seasoned GG-users have some opinions anyway?Β 

My gut feeling says Garmin will have some difficulties delivering in the software department (as always), and that GG would be the proven alternative... But will GG continue to develop and add new features? (Like the one above...)Β 

Ah, vaporware. Yes, you're right to be shy of that.

GG reveals overall trends really well right now. We have a partnership with them in 2016, and this is one of the things - hole-by-hole analysis - that we hope to bend their ear about, so to speak.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

While reading the other thread "Using GAME Golf to Analyze Gaps" today, I went to the insights and selected Scoring.

The chart shows the percentage of pars, bogeys, birdies, etc with the inner circle indicating (0.51) which I'm assuming is relation toΒ par.

Another cool stat, I did not realize, when the cursor is over the chart in any section, the total number of pars is indicated in the center circle.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I played 9 holes in dreadfull conditions. My first experience with GG. Of course I forgot to switch the monitor on in time. I had it clipped on my beltbuckle. With a raintrouser on, not that handy. But I have to say the tagging comes pretty quickly into the pre shot routine. Didn't bother me that much. I thought it might be easier to put the tag in my pocket, but you might loose it.Β 

The round itself was not worth metioning, played steady, but I didn't tag all the clubs (wintergreens etc.). I just wanted to get familiar with it. I will upload it tonight to see what it does. Because I do no quite understand the corrections you can made after the round.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, taxgolf said:

I will upload it tonight to see what it does. Because I do no quite understand the corrections you can made after the round.Β 

You can make all the corrections.

Heck, I had a round where I forgot my GG, and created the entire round after I got home on the computer.

Wow, what a reality check!!! Staggering.

Bear in mind, weather conditions weren't good, wind, snow and rain. And it was a round where I used 4 clubs (which I am planning to do more. You see the course from a different perspective).Β But here's an axample of the distance with my hy-3 (in meters).Β Β TheΒ hy3: 140m, 142m, 165m, 163m, 126m (snaphook), 173m. I thought at that moment, the hots had more distance. All carry distance, the course was wet as mud. Fairway hits were 83%. Lets keep that % up, hahaha

Β 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, taxgolf said:

Wow, what a reality check!!! Staggering.

Bear in mind, weather conditions weren't good, wind, snow and rain. And it was a round where I used 4 clubs (which I am planning to do more. You see the course from a different perspective).Β But here's an axample of the distance with my hy-3 (in meters).Β Β TheΒ hy3: 140m, 142m, 165m, 163m, 126m (snaphook), 173m. I thought at that moment, the hots had more distance. All carry distance, the course was wet as mud. Fairway hits were 83%. Lets keep that % up, hahaha

Planning to post a URL, or just commenting in general…?

Sorry, just a remark in general. i am just scrolling through the program, seeing what GG does. Picture this. standing on the tee, thinking you hit a great shot and you think 'wow, must have been far', uploading and than, bam. 145 meters. hahaha. Reality check.

I think it's not representative to share it yet, but will do so if my rounds increase with spring coming.Β I must admit I was sceptical. But I am starting to see that more insight Β in stats, GIR etc will help you with your game.

20 minutes ago, taxgolf said:

Sorry, just a remark in general. i am just scrolling through the program, seeing what GG does. Picture this. standing on the tee, thinking you hit a great shot and you think 'wow, must have been far', uploading and than, bam. 145 meters. hahaha. Reality check.

I think it's not representative to share it yet, but will do so if my rounds increase with spring coming.Β I must admit I was sceptical. But I am starting to see that more insight Β in stats, GIR etc will help you with your game.

You'll never know what you'll discover. Β A month ago my good drives were about 20 yards longer than they have been recently. Β I probably wouldn't have been aware of a change like that without the Game Golf stats. Β Know to try to figure out why.

• 2 weeks later...

Just played my first round with it. I've got quite a bit of tweaking to do. I lost 3 balls on the back nine, and I didn't really know how I was to approach it, so I just double-tagged the club on those shots. So, I'll have to take a few out and add the penalty strokes. I'm very impressed by the thing so far though.

My wish for GG is for them to speed up the online experience. Β 15 to 30 seconds to reload afterΒ editing a shot is intolerable, and the frequent crashes, yikes. Β Yes, I did time the lag and I have done this on two different computers, two different networks.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

My wish for GG is for them to speed up the online experience. Β 15 to 30 seconds to reload afterΒ editing a shot is intolerable, and the frequent crashes, yikes. Β Yes, I did time the lag and I have done this on two different computers, two different networks.

I just edited an entire round of 18 holes in about three minutes. I timed it (3:04).

I used Safari and it was fine, even zooming in on most every shot.

I didn't think editing my round to be TOO bad, though it did hang up once. It's slow, but not unbearably slow. My only real wish is that they make a Windows 10 app, so W10M and my 950 are supported.

51 minutes ago, iacas said:

I just edited an entire round of 18 holes in about three minutes. I timed it (3:04).

I used Safari and it was fine, even zooming in on most every shot.

Given your level of familiarity with it and your level of play, I'm guessing you go in with less of a need for editing is lesser than for some of us others. For me, the performances got iffy when I had to get it to add a penalty stroke. The worst was when it thought I was one the green on a putt, but I was actually a foot off, and when I tried to get it to take it off the green, that's when it hung up.

I still don't think it's bad, though. The worst part was adding and removing shots. I apparently forgot to tag on 14's drive, so I had to add that, and it was slow to get it put on the map. I had to remove my penalties because I wasn't sure how GG handled them. I double-tagged in case there wasn't a penalty option, so I had to remove those 3 penalties. I also had it double-tag on its own with one, so I had to remove that shot. It apparently tagged an inch or two from the device, so it tagged again when I actually made contract.

Overall, I am incredibly impressed with this thing, though. I just need to work on my shot recollection a bit. I didn't even think to note pin locations going in, but I wasn't too worried there. Drives and putts are definitely where the thing most wants me to improve, I think. Granted, I was driving terribly because I hadn't swung a club in 4 months.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question on the scoring. I wanted to go check something from the round I played on my GG before I hopefully play tomorrow (if the rain holds off until the evening). It says my average score is 121, but the only score I have on there is a 119 that was recorded at a 121 and edited to the right score before signing. Is this just an accepted/known bug that the average is taken by the pre-edited score for the round?

Also, is there a way to look at per-club stats beyond high, low, and average yardage? I'm curious to see how many shots I play with each club, for example.

Note:Β This thread is 2223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!