IGNORED

Golf Course Thief!

RightEdge
Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got up the next morning to clean my clubs and my friggin sandwedge was gone!

Anyway so now I have to get another 56 degree wedge.  You live and you learn.

You did call the club and ask if anyone turned in a sandwedge, right?  Just in case one's memory is faulty, it might have made sense to check.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i always lay my chipping club on the flagstick that way i never loose it.

But in this case it just got stolen, to bad, but don't you have insurance for that?

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I left a pitching wedge behind the green last year and figured it out two holes later. I raced over there, but it was gone. I was 99% sure it would be at the clubhouse at the end of the round. But sadly no. The cheap replacement I got for it, is a bitter reminder.

Just this past week, I found someone's wedge on the 18th. I went the extra step of asking around the parking lot before taking it in.

Two years ago I left my brand new Vokey 60* wedge on the 9th green (9 hole course). I didn't realize until the next time I played a few days later. So during the round in which I noticed it missing, on the very first green, I find.....a 60* Vokey. Now I know it belongs to a group or 2 ahead of us, but figured until I find the owner, at least I have a 60* to hit. Only got to hit it once, as the owner headed backwards looking for it. That was a $120 mistake I won't be making again. I also use the "put the wedge on the flag stick" routine generally.

Oh, I should add that I called the course and checked their lost and found a dozen times before I finally conceded that whoever picked it up wasn't going to return it. Still makes me mad to think about. I'd feel guilty every time I used it if it were me.

You did call the club and ask if anyone turned in a sandwedge, right?  Just in case one's memory is faulty, it might have made sense to check.

Naw, man I didn't need to.  I distinctly remember putting it in my bag while talking with the guys. There is no memory loss here, I just got robbed outright.

I have actually left my wedge by the side of greens more than once.  Every time I have gone back though, it has been there.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

i always lay my chipping club on the flagstick that way i never loose it.

But in this case it just got stolen, to bad, but don't you have insurance for that?

Insurance? Um, no I didn't get my clubs insured. Can I do that, insure golf clubs?

Insurance? Um, no I didn't get my clubs insured. Can I do that, insure golf clubs?

They should be covered under your homeowners policy.  Likely doesn't make sense to file a claim for a $100 though.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

They should be covered under your homeowners policy.  Likely doesn't make sense to file a claim for a $100 though.....

Almost certainly a $500+ deductible. Plus you'll often get dropped for making a claim, and the new insurance will be more expensive. Unfortunately, making a claim is not worth it generally unless it's a big claim.

Seems fishy... Why would they take just a wedge... I bet it's on the green, now lost and found, or you dropped it from the cart....

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Seems fishy... Why would they take just a wedge...

I bet it's on the green, now lost and found, or you dropped it from the cart....

That was actually my first thought. Seems like a lot of risk for a used wedge.

I was cleaning my clubs the night before a golf trip and my SW was missing. I went back down to the course (now empty) and searched the entire course. No club to be found.

Went back home and looked through my bag again just to make sure I didn't overlook it. Still no club.

The next day on vacation on the first hole I needed my SW. As I pulled out my GW there was my SW right in the pocket where it always was. :bugout:

How I overlooked that club 3 times, cleaned all of my clubs, and didn't see that club, I will never know. :loco:

Of course I blamed my wife for hiding it from me and then putting it back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumaAttack

Seems fishy... Why would they take just a wedge...

I bet it's on the green, now lost and found, or you dropped it from the cart....

That was actually my first thought. Seems like a lot of risk for a used wedge.

If they would have taken the something noticeable (driver, more clubs, etc..), they probably would not have gotten away with it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I was cleaning my clubs the night before a golf trip and my SW was missing. I went back down to the course (now empty) and searched the entire course. No club to be found. Went back home and looked through my bag again just to make sure I didn't overlook it. Still no club. The next day on vacation on the first hole I needed my SW. As I pulled out my GW there was my SW right in the pocket where it always was. :bugout: How I overlooked that club 3 times, cleaned all of my clubs, and didn't see that club, I will never know. :loco: Of course I blamed my wife for hiding it from me and then putting it back.

Sounds like something I would have done to my dad as a kid. "Borrow" and bring back later with him none the wiser...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Wow, that totally sucks. Are you sure you didn't leave the wedge lying by the green?

Oh yea I'm positive.  I specifically remember putting the putter and wedge in my bag without a doubt. I did leave a wedge once and I came up with a sure fire way not to EVER leave a club around the green again.  My method is simple.  When you pull the flag, lay your wedge across the top of the flag. The only way you leave the wedge is if you forget to replace the flag.

Hard to believe someone would be that blatant to steal something right in front of you.  Well, a lesson learned for you.   A good excuse to go get a better wedge :-) .

(Note to myself when I get home tonight - "Honey, someone stole my driver right out of my bag!   I have to buy a replacement.")

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Golf was to be a sport of gentlemen and women these days.  Guess those days are gone and thugs are every where....

I don't know about thugs but I've rarely been one to automatically trust a person I don't know because of where I met them. If they're friends with someone I'm good friends with I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but a complete stranger? No way.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Joe Public can be the nicest, honest, thoughtful person you ever met and the biggest liar,thief, dirt bag you ever met.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!