IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

CNN is airing interview with DT today.  I hope media stop covering DT.  All it does is feeding his ego even more, giving him free ad time, etc., IMO.

Sad thing is, Arnold got elected governor of California by basically acting out. Some of the debate answers he gave were down right comical. My writing class in college was political based and we looked at some of the transcripts.

Though I think Arnold would be 100x better at being president than Trump. Actually Arnold wasn't the worst California Governor. At least from my opinion living in Ohio ;)

I just hope people realize how much of a joke Trump is. Still if Trump does well in the poles he would be invited to the republican debates. A part of me hopes he doesn't, but another part wants to watch him to crash and burn.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Comedians of the world are delighted he's in.

I watched a pretty funny Youtube clip of a series of exchanges between him and Bill Maher yesterday. Bill Maher made a claim on Leno that he would give $5 million to Trump if he could prove definitively that his parents weren't orangutans (sp???). He was making fun of his orange hair color. Trump actually sent a copy of his birth certificate to Maher and asked him to pay up. When Maher didn't respond, Trump sued him. Maher brought a copy of the official complaint on to his show where his lawyer wrote "Donald Trump is actually the child of (whatever his parents names are) and not an orangutan." I think they are still fighting about it in court right now.

Honestly, I've found it refreshing to have a non-politician in the race. As far-out as some of Trump's comments have been, they are not the normal slick, PC rhetoric that go through 55 speechwriters before they hit the air or press.

I think they are still fighting about it in court right now.

Good, I hope Bill Maher has to pay up. Honestly Trump is about 1000x more likable and respectable compared to Maher.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Good, I hope Bill Maher has to pay up. Honestly Trump is about 1000x more likable and respectable compared to Maher.

I used to despise Maher, but he's growing on me a bit :) I really think through all of the cranky bluster, his heart's in the right place. I honestly hope he doesn't pay up, though. The last thing the U.S. court system needs is a million dollar lawsuit that will take years to finish because some comedian cracked a thoughtless joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmoan2

I think they are still fighting about it in court right now.

I have it the other way around although I don't watch BM's or DT's (Appricktice?) shows on TV.   Every time I see DT talk with his pouty lips, I have sudden urge to slap his silly mouth.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Trump, better known in mexican circles as Archie Bunker with bad hair is watching his world crumble. First Univision pulled the plug on airing Miss USA & Universe pageants then NBCU followed. Now Macy's has severed their business relationship with The Donald. He's like Roy McAvoy when he goes down he goes down in flames!

As much as Id love to see him get nominated and have Clinton shred him in the debates (you think he doesnt have skeletons in his closet that they wouldnt find?), its never going to happen.  Its going to be Jeb Bush vs Clinton and Clinton will win...easily.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

If Newt Gingrich is what stupid people think a smart person sounds like, then Donald Trump is what poor people think a rich person acts like.

This is the best line I've ever seen about Trump!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Not really.

Even Maher's conservative guests rave about the way he treats them on the show. They like Maher, just don't like his politics or atheism.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The most incredible thing is that DT is in 2nd place in early poll behind Jeb Bush.  2nd place! :doh:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The most incredible thing is that DT is in 2nd place in early poll behind Jeb Bush.  2nd place!

This might be close to his high ... there is always an extreme and frustrated minority that favors the most outspoken, impractical, irrational loudmouth who appeals to their fears.

Oh, what the heck, this is the USA and we demand that we be entertained... are you entertained? are you... :-$ (from "Gladiator)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

There's no way a 3rd Bush gets elected and there's no way Trump is still in the race by the end of the year.  GOP is in trouble because as much as I want them to take control over the rainbow house, I don't see a GOP candidate that can win against Hillary or any other democrat they put up.

Joe Paradiso

There's no way a 3rd Bush gets elected and there's no way Trump is still in the race by the end of the year.  GOP is in trouble because as much as I want them to take control over the rainbow house, I don't see a GOP candidate that can win against Hillary or any other democrat they put up.

I'm rooting in the other direction, but even I wouldn't say no Republican can win!  Sure the Democrats are strong for presidential elections, but if Hillary implodes, you don't think Rubio or maybe even Walker couldn't beat.... who?  O'Malley?  Sanders?  And it's not like Hillary is some charisma machine without detractors across the political spectrum.  If the economy flattens out at the end of Obama's term I'd say the chances of a GOP win are real.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I'm rooting in the other direction, but even I wouldn't say no Republican can win!  Sure the Democrats are strong for presidential elections, but if Hillary implodes, you don't think Rubio or maybe even Walker couldn't beat.... who?  O'Malley?  Sanders?  And it's not like Hillary is some charisma machine without detractors across the political spectrum.  If the economy flattens out at the end of Obama's term I'd say the chances of a GOP win are real.

I hope you're right, but I can't see it.  All of the GOP candidates are alienating key voter demographics.  The problem with the GOP is they have to push those right wing values in order to get the nomination but once they do there's too much ammo out there to use against them during the election and debates.

They can't take a hard stand on illegal immigration, border security and the latest SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage and then try to ask Mexicans, the LGBT community and families to vote for them.  Trump fell right into the trap and anyone that tackles that issue will be destroyed by the media.

Joe Paradiso

At the very least he is no better ,or worse than the current crop of possible potus candidates. Elephant, or donkey party, it matters little. Like I posted before, he's not a career politician, which is not a bad thing at this point in American politics.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

At the very least he is no better ,or worse than the current crop of possible potus candidates. Elephant, or donkey party, it matters little. Like I posted before, he's not a career politician, which is not a bad thing at this point in American politics.

Thats debatable.  The problem with people who arent career politicians is that they dont have the connections and they dont understand how things work in Washington.  A lot of it is the connections and friends that you have, the people you have cultivated relationships with and knowing how to work out deals and how to get people to do what you want so that you will help them out with what they want at some point in the future.

Trump is used to telling people what to do and not having anyone challenge him, thats not how Washington works and thats why businessmen typically fail when they try to get into politics.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thats debatable.  The problem with people who arent career politicians is that they dont have the connections and they dont understand how things work in Washington.  A lot of it is the connections and friends that you have, the people you have cultivated relationships with and knowing how to work out deals and how to get people to do what you want so that you will help them out with what they want at some point in the future.

Trump is used to telling people what to do and not having anyone challenge him, thats not how Washington works and thats why businessmen typically fail when they try to get into politics.

I agree with what you said. I just want to add that the President of the United States needs to be able to handle international diplomacy as well, and Trump has more than demonstrated his lack of tact in diplomacy.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!