IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played a round today so did 3 hours hope that qualifys!! Went with the goal to play to my strengths. I'm never going to be freaky long off the tee so didn't try. Hit it smooth and play for position with longer clubs. No point being short and crooked when you can be short and accurate. Irons just suit me so aggressive cuts at the ball often pay off even if I just miss the green I have a shot. Recently changed my grip on my putter to superstroke and the increased feel is just incredible. I'm really looking forward now to having a go on the green where before I was quite neutral over putting. I'm really enjoying it now. Short game I stopped hitting SW unless I'm really short sided and need to loft it. Hit one shot with it tonight. PW has become my weapon of choice from 100 yards and in chips,pitches of all lengths. Even hit a 9 iron pitch. When you have green to work with it has just simplified the wedge game for me.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked inside with slow moves, turning hip to impact zone.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stretching out my muscles. They started cramping up from too many buckets yesterday, I guess. Starting with the hips and working my way to the gluts, intercostals and lower back. Spent too much time with my 3H, 3W and driver. Getting confident hitting my 3W off the deck, but I'm pulling almost all shots with that club off the deck. On a 1/2" tee it seems pretty straight most of the time. Just off the deck pulls.

Doing some chip and flop shots at my net this morning.

Went to the range and hit a couple large buckets. My cramping is gone with proper nourishment, Gatorade. Really gaining some confidence with my 3W and 3H off the deck.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Lesson day.  5h and driver on video.  Looks good.  Head is staying still, good hip slide/turn, good pause at the top.  This, along with the hip slide results in good lag.  Left elbow is folding nicely.  Keep working on all of these, try to get a little more elbow fold.

Lag putting from 15'.  Holed 2 out of 20, the rest were within 12".  Lag putting from 25'.  All within 18", no hole outs.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

I did the office chair drill today.  I focused on not over turning my hips during the back swing.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I played 27 holes today. 13 of which were in a down pour which kinda sucked. But i felt I recovered well when the weather turned for the better. Approach shots were short all day which was very annoying. But i got up and down most of the time. Overall an interesting day, could've played better though.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

20 minutes putting on the way home from work. I focused mainly (15 minutes' worth) on 6' putts that were straight so I could see if it's my stroke or not. I sank most of them, so I think my stroke is coming around, now that I don't have to compensate for anything.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

More stretches and some golf swings with the mirror.

No ball and the transition looks reasonable, with the ball my swing plane changes. I'm working on trying to initiate the action with my hips again. It's like I forget it almost immediately after I stop doing drills. So, every ball I hit, I am planning on working on a smoother transition originating from the hips as I am practicing now.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did a small session in my net with the three wood.Interested in developing a stinger to my bow. Just rehearsing the move and set up.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Today was interesting.  After yesterday's rain, I brought my clubs inside to dry off and then I forgot to put them back in my car this morning before going to work.  So after work, I grabbed the one of the demo 7-irons from our fitting rack and playing 4 holes with only a 7-iron.  first hole is 400yds downhill - hit my tee ball 220yds and then hit into the green with a 3/4 swing as the approach shot is about 2 clubs less than normal, and I hit the green.  2nd hole is 300yds flat- hit the tee ball 175 and hit my 2nd with a nice little punch shot onto the green about 15ft away. 3rd hole is 270yds flat - hit the tee ball 185yds, and hit a pitch-like shot just over the green, then chipped on to 2ft away from the cup.  final hole goes back up the same hill I went down on the first hole, but as a par 5 at 470yds- the first 2 shots got me to 120 out, so not bad going up that big hill, and hit the approach to 20ft away.

So all in all, I could've shot even through those holes if I putted well, which is kinda cool after using one club to hit with.  Most of my shots were nice little draws.  My key for the swing was making sure i feel my hands and clubhead getting ahead of my body on the downswing.  All were well hit shots except for the 2nd hole which my tee shot felt slightly fat.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

9/3/15: Worked on a fuller backswing with my irons today... A lot of you probably don't know this, I do not swing much past 10 o'clock on my backswing at all lately, I still some how manage 250 off the tee with a half backswing, trying to extend it a little in practice... Timing was off but it was fun to try it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

3Sept15:

Practiced 3, 5 and 10-foot putts on my astroturf strip for 10 minutes. I'm getting squarer face contact as I get used to my new putting grip. It's starting to feel automatic at set-up... a lot less hassle than the old left-hand-low.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Outdoor swings over grass, no ball.  Driver and 3w.  Same as I have been working on.  Good backswing, not too long, feel full coil.  Hip slide starts the motion, feel the tension in the torso.  Head still, fast but not forced swing, smooth speed.  Don't "hold on", feel the club fully release, left elbow fold on follow through.  Do this with 1/2 speed swings and full swings.  For both clubs.  Pick a blade of grass or small leaf and make the the "ball".  Make sure that the club head's sweet spot goes right over this spot.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Today I went to the range and hit a small bucket of balls.  I had 2-3 practice swings before each shot.  I worked on not over turning my hips during the back swing.  I would hit about 5 shots then I would record a shot.  My lower body is becoming very quite during my back swing.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I worked on centered hip turn outside. I am visiting family, and I can make full swings outside while hitting practice balls.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!