IGNORED

5 Gallon Bucket of Water on the 1st and 10th Hole

bernie
Note: This thread is 3118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love having half of my towel wet to clean my clubs while I'm golfing. I can never remember to go to the shop bathroom and wet my towel. I am now regularly asking the Pro or desk clerk to have a Five Gallon Bucket of Water on the First and Tenth tees!.

What do you think about asking your course for the "Bucket"?

Our course has a station set up. Scorecards and pencils with a lined bin for towel water on tees 1 and 10. It's a kit from a catalog. 

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My old home course had them on every hole where they had drinking water coolers - 3, 6, 8, 12, and 14 tees, as well as on #1 and 10.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Yeah there should be buckets of water out on the course fro towel wetting. It's a better idea than putting your clubs in the bed of your pickup, forgetting they are there and driving through a car wash. Been there, and done that. :-O

I also carry a spray bottle in my bag, which works well with my  "magic eraser"  which is what I clean my clubs with.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Yeah there should be buckets of water out on the course fro towel wetting. It's a better idea than putting your clubs in the bed of your pickup, forgetting they are there and driving through a car wash. Been there, and done that. :-O

I also carry a spray bottle in my bag, which works well with my  "magic eraser"  which is what I clean my clubs with.  

I think some courses look at the "bucket" as being less than appealing but the should be able to have something to wet a towel with at the 1st and 10th tees.  As for a Magic Eraser ??? Why? Who uses a magic eraser?

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

Loads of threads and posts requesting Carts, Water Coolers, Club Washers, Buckets of water etc etc, come on, attach a club cleaning tool and towel to your bag and take a couple of bottles of water with you to the course, it's not hard.

I would rather my course spent their time sorting out the course rather than stuff a golfer can easily sort themselves.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

I think some courses look at the "bucket" as being less than appealing but the should be able to have something to wet a towel with at the 1st and 10th tees.  As for a Magic Eraser ??? Why? Who uses a magic eraser?

It's better than a towel. http://www.mrclean.com/en-us/shop-products/magic-erasers

In My Bag:

I wish more courses would, but I find it easy to rewet my towel if necessary.  Either at a comfort station, a drinking water cooler, or even in a water hazard.  

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I love having half of my towel wet to clean my clubs while I'm golfing. I can never remember to go to the shop bathroom and wet my towel. I am now regularly asking the Pro or desk clerk to have a Five Gallon Bucket of Water on the First and Tenth tees!.

What do you think about asking your course for the "Bucket"?

It's a very reasonable request and many courses have them (not necessarily a bucket but in ice box, water fountain, etc..

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I have seen folks wet the end of their towels in the water hazards. Not sure how sanitary that is, but seen it done many times. I have a towel that I keep dry to use on my hands, and club grips. 

In My Bag:

I wish more courses would, but I find it easy to rewet my towel if necessary.  Either at a comfort station, a drinking water cooler, or even in a water hazard.  

Yes sir....I was going to say the same thing.  Between water hazards and drinking stations, wetting a towel when needed doesn't seem to be an issue where I play.  

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I have seen folks wet the end of their towels in the water hazards. Not sure how sanitary that is, but seen it done many times. I have a towel that I keep dry to use on my hands, and club grips. 

I do it all the time.  Who cares if it's totally sanitary, I'm not drinking it.  In 40 years I've never had an illness that would be the result of using a water hazard for a towel wetting.  I've used lakes, streams, irrigation ditches - I draw the line at using a muddy puddle. :~(

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Theres a spigot that comes right off the clubhouse next to the range at my home course. I always have to have a wet towel. When I go other places I head for the restroom if they dont have anything set up at the 1st tee. I have seen courses with buckets of water at the range and 1st tee.

Please, don't wet your towel at the drinking fountain. First, if you are not cautious, your dirty towel might touch the spigot, from which someone else is going to pour water to drink. Second, you are wasting good and usually very cold water meant to drink on something of a way different nature, and not all courses replenish their fountain coolers quickly enough: this just makes it worse.

This walker who needs to drink at the cooler (or more precisely refill his bottle) thanks you.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Visions of Mel Brooks carrying the piss bucket for Harvey Korman in "History of the World Part I" comes to mind. :-P

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Most courses I play here in Colorado put something out on at least the 1st hole, and most do on both 1 and 10. Maybe it's because it's so dry here, but I personally appreciate it.  Yes the bathroom, refreshment station and water hazard all work - but to me it's an additional level of customer service that might bring me back to play again.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!