IGNORED

Who has tattoos besides me?

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 2959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So last night I finally pulled the trigger on another tattoo. It's been 15 years since my last one, between financial problems and just indecision of what/where I wanted as well as the woman I was with at the time being against me getting more it just never happened. It turned out to be much larger than I anticipated but I'm getting my money's worth out of it. I sat for just over 5 hours to get the outline and shading all done. I have wait for it to heal then go back for the coloring in.

tattoo.jpg

Left dragon is going to be shades of red so there wasn't much shading to be done on it, right dragon will be black which is why it looks basically done. The cross will be battleship grey and gun barrel blue. I figure I have at least another 5 or 6 hours left to finish. 

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got my first one last year, at 42.   It's a drawing with both of my girls' names on my arm.   I am trying to think of a creative one for my wife's name and then a nice crown tattoo down the road.   Nothing as elaborate as yours, but I like that.   Very cool.

—Adam

I have nothing against folks with tattoos, but the only people I will let near me with a a needle are licensed medical professionals!  :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't have any tattoo's. I would rather buy some new golf equipment with the money I have rather than ink

I got a tribal band around my ankle 20 years ago.  Got me laid a few times back then but I think it's pretty lame now.  I don't necessarily regret it but I look at it now as kinda silly.

My general feeling today is that unless they're meaningful, e.g., departed loved ones, Olympic rings if you made the team, Stanley Cup if you've won one, cancer ribbon if you've beat it, etc., they're pointless.  Love yours however, Jeremie. :-D

Set the edict with my kids that tats are not allowed til they're off the payroll.  Thankfully, both have adhered to this point.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

6 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I got a tribal band around my ankle 20 years ago.  Got me laid a few times back then but I think it's pretty lame now.  I don't necessarily regret it but I look at it now as kinda silly.

My general feeling today is that unless they're meaningful, e.g., departed loved ones, Olympic rings if you made the team, Stanley Cup if you've won one, cancer ribbon if you've beat it, etc., they're pointless.  Love yours however, Jeremie. :-D

Set the edict with my kids that tats are not allowed til they're off the payroll.  Thankfully, both have adhered to this point.

I've never considered a tattoo for myself but do appreciate the artwork on others, like Jeremies.  I set the same edict with my kids, no permanent ink while they are living at home and I'm paying all the bills.   So far there hasn't been any pushback as they don't like needles.

I had a guy that worked for me that got some tattoos while he was in the Navy, one was the Miami Dolphin logo on his chest.  Gaining weight and getting older were not kind to the tattoo, it looked like a teal and orange sperm whale when I saw it.

Joe Paradiso

Looks great, @Jeremie Boop! I always wanted to get more work done but at this point a new tattoo is pretty low on my list of things I can spend money on.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I've never considered a tattoo for myself but do appreciate the artwork on others, like Jeremies.  I set the same edict with my kids, no permanent ink while they are living at home and I'm paying all the bills.   So far there hasn't been any pushback as they don't like needles.

I had a guy that worked for me that got some tattoos while he was in the Navy, one was the Miami Dolphin logo on his chest.  Gaining weight and getting older were not kind to the tattoo, it looked like a teal and orange sperm whale when I saw it.

Lol, that's funny.  

My son is 24 and on his own for a year and a half now.  Admittedly, he's a frat boy but has no desire to get one now.  Quite a feat living in Austin where virtually everyone is inked up.

My daughter is 16 and I worry as she is more susceptible to following trends.  So far, no desire shown but we'll see.  Ha.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I have a bunch and a bunch that need to be finished.  My best friends are tattoo artists, they have moved away, but every year or so (recently not withstanding to to starting our family a few years back) we go visit and get more.

My son went into the USAF at 21. Needless to say, servicemen and tattoos seem to follow one another. I think his is more elaborate than Jeremy's and it comes from the back to one side of his chest. I will make no editorial comments.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 hours ago, 9wood said:

I don't have any tattoo's. I would rather buy some new golf equipment with the money I have rather than ink

I just spent a ton of money on new equipment this year, otherwise I'd agree with you on spending on golf equipment first.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Looks great, @Jeremie Boop! I always wanted to get more work done but at this point a new tattoo is pretty low on my list of things I can spend money on.

To be honest it was pretty low on my list of stuff as well, but seeing as how I've basically got everything else I want at this point it seemed like a good time to do it.

In response to tattoos mean something, I actually do have a meaning behind this one. The dragons represent anger and hate *red/black* and the cross represents faith/love that protects/saves me from giving into those two most detrimental influences. Sappy I know, but that's the thought behind it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Funny.

I fully agree that Jeremie's is a work of art. Very nice. According to some sites it can be as much a $150 per hour. That looks very expensive as well.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Lol, that's funny.  

My son is 24 and on his own for a year and a half now.  Admittedly, he's a frat boy but has no desire to get one now.  Quite a feat living in Austin where virtually everyone is inked up.

My daughter is 16 and I worry as she is more susceptible to following trends.  So far, no desire shown but we'll see.  Ha.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Luckily, both my kids are not the tattooing types mostly for the reasons @Gunther and @newtogolf listed above and more.

2 hours ago, 9wood said:

It was completely of out of character to see you post here, that kind of piqued my curiosity!  :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Funny.

I fully agree that Jeremie's is a work of art. Very nice. According to some sites it can be as much a $150 per hour. That looks very expensive as well.

Luckily, both my kids are not the tattooing types mostly for the reasons @Gunther and @newtogolf listed above and more.

It was completely of out of character to see you post here, that kind of piqued my curiosity!  :-D

Luckily it didn't quite cost that much. Estimated at 10-20 hours, based on "how I sit". That basically means how long I can sit there between breaks and how much I fidget around causing him to stop. He said I did "pretty good, better than some big guys who come and get much smaller tattoos". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I assume it means I'll fall closer to the 10 hour total than the 20. I'm hoping at the conclusion of this one that I'll be good and not want anything else, tattoos tend to be addictive though so I can't be sure.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

very funny.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Gunther said:

The funniest part is that most people do say "it's not done yet...." because most people don't get one tattoo then stop, they tend to expect to expand on the one they have or include it in a theme or collage. As I said, tattoos tend to be addictive, one leads to more for a lot of people.

edit* Also, people do typically ask "what's that mean/stand for" and for my first two there was no meaning. One is a tribal me and my friends all got when we were 18 and the other I just thought looked cool and I like dragons. However, from the start, I always had a meaning behind the new one which is probably why I actually got it. If it had just been something that looked cool I would have thought about it and then forgot it because I've done that several times over the years.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

9 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The funniest part is that most people do say "it's not done yet...." because most people don't get one tattoo then stop, they tend to expect to expand on the one they have or include it in a theme or collage. As I said, tattoos tend to be addictive, one leads to more for a lot of people.

edit* Also, people do typically ask "what's that mean/stand for" and for my first two there was no meaning. One is a tribal me and my friends all got when we were 18 and the other I just thought looked cool and I like dragons. However, from the start, I always had a meaning behind the new one which is probably why I actually got it. If it had just been something that looked cool I would have thought about it and then forgot it because I've done that several times over the years.

Haha, yes, Sebastian is one of my favorites.  Totally cool with tats that have some meaning.  Mine is pointless as are so many others.  

30 minutes ago, Gunther said:

This reminds me of Robin Williams getting a tattoo in "Old Dogs" that said "Fremont" when it was supposed to say something else. . .

The golf scenes were pretty funny as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My right arm is mostly sleeved , chest tat, and several other random spots. My line of work I don't really have to worry about it too much "river boat pilot" but I enjoy the artwork. I am one of the only ones at my local golf courses that I see with tats but no one treats me any different from what I know of

Note: This thread is 2959 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!