Some bunker discussion going on and I wanted to start this thread to give my take and show myself hitting some shots. Also as a reference in the future.
Hit 3 bunker shots here, standard, long and buried. Here's what I do:
1. Feet turned out, knees bowed out. Lower COG(center of gravity) lower. Weight forward
2. Stance a little open
3. Arms soft, bent
4. Club face open 10-20*, hands slightly forward or neutral
5. Elbows stay on the body so that the hands stay close to the body as the clubhead swings
6. "Thump" the ground with the bottom of the club
7. Clubhead overtakes the hands on the followthrough
Only difference is the club face is square, and my backswing is longer. Could also hit your gap wedge and make the same swing as the standard shot.
1. Clubface as open as possible.
2. Tilt left, try to get the right shoulder higher than the left at set-up
3. Clubhead ascend faster
4. Leave the clubhead in the sand
5. Ball comes out soft, rather than hot.