or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Knee angle measurement in golf swing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Knee angle measurement in golf swing?

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 

I found this video over the weekend. I sat down and watched it from beginning to end. It brings up some good points, and got me thinking that there's more to the golf swing than going out and hitting balls at the range untill my hands get sore. 

 

I just wanted to know if anyone has any success with this company as a golfer? Are there theories on swing mechanics true? 

 

 

Thank you!

post #2 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBlake View Post
 

I found this video over the weekend. I sat down and watched it from beginning to end. It brings up some good points, and got me thinking that there's more to the golf swing than going out and hitting balls at the range untill my hands get sore. 

 

I just wanted to know if anyone has any success with this company as a golfer? Are there theories on swing mechanics true? 

 

 

Thank you!

 

I think you'll find that the Somax people have an… let's go with "interesting" take on some of these kinds of things.

 

I will point out, too, that just in looking at the poster frame for the video, you can't measure things like that (3D in real life) in 2D unless the camera is perpendicular to the angle being measured (and it isn't in those videos).

 

P.S. 37 minutes?!?!?!?! And the video was just published, so the first sentence or two in the video is not truthful. He just won the largest Euro Tour event of the season.

post #3 of 47

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

post #4 of 47

So Rory should swing more like a 1.5 handicap because he "only" won 6 times in his first seven years (not counting the win from two weeks ago)?

 

The "measurements" are comical.

post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

So Rory should swing more like a 1.5 handicap because he "only" won 6 times in his first seven years (not counting the win from two weeks ago)?

 

Or any other non-PGA Tour events.

post #6 of 47

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

post #7 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

 

No. Must be seen to be believed. Make the time. Your world view will change. :)

post #8 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

Ho lee crap!

post #9 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

 

Just save it for later, you have to have the full experience. 

post #10 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

 

No. Must be seen to be believed. Make the time. Your world view will change. :)

 

All right.  Will do.  Based upon the comments so far, it should be good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post
 

I do not have the time right now to watch the whole thing.  Can someone summarize?

Ho lee crap!

 

? Not sure what you mean by this?  Video is so good, can't be summarized?

post #11 of 47

If you happen to like, or agree with, something they say one segment don't get too excited because odds are you won't like the next.

 

I suppose in general it's more Moe Norman than anything else.

 

The assumption of arm straightening towards the ball, and frankly miss-measurement of the amount of spine angle change at impact, were the worst part to me. What they said might hold more water if the base of the neck was coming up that much but it's not.

 

They conveniently only measure the lower back angle at impact because the back is bowed at impact and the lower back gave them the drastic reading they wanted.

 

P.S. The 350 yard average with 90% fairways hit was something else. :beer: 

That guy must either be playing on the widest fairways in the world or he's the best ever.

post #12 of 47

A classic example of finding unrelated (i.e., coincidental) subject matters to fit your argument.

This is how superstitions get started.

post #13 of 47

Can't get through it in one sitting.  Have to stop for now.

 

425% more unstable?  [think, think, think. scratch forehead... if something is 100% more unstable, doesn't that make it 0% stable? So... would more unstable than that be ...? Okay, now my head hurts.]

 

:surrender: 

post #14 of 47
"..Would rory's swing get men to the moon? The answer is no, he would never leave the launch pad.."
LOL
post #15 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark View Post

"..Would rory's swing get men to the moon? The answer is no, he would never leave the launch pad.."
LOL

 

I wonder who would win a match: "our golfer" or Dan McLaughlin.

post #16 of 47
Now, I'm curious, because my instructor seems to find the subject humorous. Is this something I need to look into with a lot more vigor? Of course, it would help if I knew what was the point of the video.

So, after watching it for 37 minutes, luckily I was reading a data sheet at the same time, I couldn't figure out what they were selling and how it would work for me!

Will someone please tell me what they are trying to explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I wonder who would win a match: "our golfer" or Dan McLaughlin.
I wonder. . ."Our golfer" would drive deep into the next fairway(s), while Dan Plan will need help getting out of blackberry roots. b2_tongue.gif
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Now, I'm curious, because my instructor seems to find the subject humorous. Is this something I need to look into with a lot more vigor?

 

No.

 

The video is a joke ten different ways. I don't care if they were selling $100 bills for $10 - you'd probably still not want to buy.

post #18 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Now, I'm curious, because my instructor seems to find the subject humorous. Is this something I need to look into with a lot more vigor? Of course, it would help if I knew what was the point of the video.

So, after watching it for 37 minutes, luckily I was reading a data sheet at the same time, I couldn't figure out what they were selling and how it would work for me!

Will someone please tell me what they are trying to explain?

 

They are basically saying Rory and Hogan's swings sucks and if they swung more like their guy they would play better.

 

It's comical on many levels. 

- Using Hogan and the fact that he was winless as some proof of something

- Any golfer would kill for Rory's first seven years as a pro

- Drawing lines and comparing golfers from different angles/positions and turning them into percentages

- It's a "performance institute" and yet they are only using videos you can find on youtube

- The narrator's voice

- Pogo stick kid

- The assumption that they have some "secret"

- Saying there is a way to set-up that centrifugal force won't effect you, which is funny on many levels

- Saying that someone can hit it 350 and 90% of the fairways and then assuming that Rory could do this on the PGA Tour.

- That old guy's grip

And I'm sure there is more that I can't come up with right now

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Knee angle measurement in golf swing?