or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

post #1 of 305
Thread Starter 

This was the most blatant and outrageous act of cheating you are ever likely to see.

Yet.......she "didn't accept the penalty" and withdrew.

What is going to happen about this?

 

 

If anyone says "oh she just had a brain fart" I'll scream.

For those who haven't seen it, she "replaces" the ball immediately after picking it up.

 

If someone can imbed the video, that would be great. :-)

post #2 of 305

I am not sure we have heard the last of it from them. Just too blatant. Trying to avoid a spike mark? 

post #3 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

This was the most blatant and outrageous act of cheating you are ever likely to see.

Yet.......she "didn't accept the penalty" and withdrew.

What is going to happen about this?

 

 

If anyone says "oh she just had a brain fart" I'll scream.

For those who haven't seen it, she "replaces" the ball immediately after picking it up.

 

If someone can imbed the video, that would be great. :-)

Holy sh*t!  Those stills don't do it justice.  She never even picked the ball up more than 1" off the ground, she just marked, rotated it and slid it over a good, what, inch and a half????

 

And then to deny it was worthy of a penalty??  And can I assume that while she was being assessed the penalty, she was being shown the video that lead to the penalty?!?!?!

 

This is really, really, really bad.

 

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/choi-assessed-two-shot-penalty-wds-herself-instead/

 

Perhaps the WD was just her "padding" her stats?  Because, regardless, she wasn't going to be playing on the weekend.

 

(Still trying to find a youtube video I can embed)

post #4 of 305
I linked to video here in earlier thread:
http://thesandtrap.com/t/76728/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-playing-from-the-wrong-green#post_1045205

I'm on phone and don't think i can embed. It looked deliberate to me, but even if not, she should've taken penalty. No excuse to withdraw and "not accept."

Direct link to golf channel story with vid:
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/choi-assessed-two-shot-penalty-wds-herself-instead/

Edit: GolfingDad best me to it
post #5 of 305

At first I was thinking something along the lines of "big deal, she missed by an inch when replacing the ball" but after seeing the video i totally agree, that was definitely intentional which equals cheating. The ball was off the ground for about half a second and yet it managed to travel that far when being replaced again.

post #6 of 305
Had to be a spike mark or something.

They need to toss her sorry butt. Hope she has a fallback career. Something that doesn't require any integrity.....
post #7 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

They need to toss her sorry butt. Hope she has a fallback career. Something that doesn't require any integrity.....


Agree, but I think in reality they will hand out a suspension (they better). I think lifetime bans are for repeat offenders. What a shame.

post #8 of 305

Ya know what would have happened if this had been on the PGA...?

 

 

Way more than what's happened so far for Chella, that's for sure.

post #9 of 305
Thread Starter 

Just as amazing and annoying is Judy Rankin saying it is "unfortunate" and not her "MO".

Don't they say that integrity is about how you behave when (you think) no-one is watching?

It says everything about her character.

 

Yes, folks. Moving the ball one inch is all it takes to stain your character permanently.

post #10 of 305

Wow, just watched that. Brutal, blatant and FFS, it was a 6" tap-in, I probably could have putted that over a pitchmark and still sunk it.:loco: Ridiculous.

post #11 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Had to be a spike mark or something.

They need to toss her sorry butt. Hope she has a fallback career. Something that doesn't require any integrity.....

Yeah.  Although, I would give her something a little less harsh as a penalty.  Perhaps a year or two ban plus a "substantial" fine (I don't know what is substantial for a middling LPGA player though ... 10 grand maybe??)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

Yes, folks. Moving the ball one inch is all it takes to stain your character permanently.

Yup.  Regardless of whatever Judy Rankin thinks of her past, this kind of thing will override it.  She will forever be known for this.

post #12 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Yeah.  Although, I would give her something a little less harsh as a penalty.  Perhaps a year or two ban plus a "substantial" fine (I don't know what is substantial for a middling LPGA player though ... 10 grand maybe??)

 

Yup.  Regardless of whatever Judy Rankin thinks of her past, this kind of thing will override it.  She will forever be known for this.

Judy Rankin's apologist routine was shameful. "she's a great player." So what, she's also a blatant cheater.

post #13 of 305

That was beyond blatant. No gray area.  When you are playing for money to earn a living and a competitor does something like this to get an edge it is going to be very difficult for her to ever recover from it.  

post #14 of 305

Cheater. Period. Seeya.

post #15 of 305

Kind of amazing that she seemed so nonchalant about it.  No hesitation whatsoever.  Almost like it seemed like no big deal to her.

post #16 of 305
I sense an article coming from Brandel Chamblee.
post #17 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

Kind of amazing that she seemed so nonchalant about it.  No hesitation whatsoever.  Almost like it seemed like no big deal to her.

It's like she is in my Saturday group!
post #18 of 305

On the plus side, she has nice legs! :dance:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?