IGNORED

2019 PGA Championship

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I totally agree that there is some luck in making a very long putt, just as there's a lot of luck in making a hole-in-one.  Too many variables.  However, a fair putter would never have such luck.  The skilled putter will have the chance at being lucky.  Tiger was so skilled as a putter that he seemed to get lucky a lot.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

However, a fair putter would never have such luck.

Not accurate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

However, a fair putter would never have such luck. 

So wait...is it luck or skill? Because if it’s luck then the skill of the putter doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Just now, JeepXJ98 said:

So wait...is it luck or skill? Because if it’s luck then the skill of the putter doesn’t have anything to do with it.

There's no contradiction in what I said, I don't believe.  A skilled putter will get luckier and make longer putts because he's a skilled reader of putts.  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Herkimer said:

There's no contradiction in what I said, I don't believe.  A skilled putter will get luckier and make longer putts because he's a skilled reader of putts.  

They make more putts because they're more skilled.

That's what @JeepXJ98 is pointing out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gonna be interesting if it is relatively calm in the morning and starts to blow like they predict for the back half of the day......BK is just seemingly on another planet, but did shoot 70 at Augusta day 2.....Vegas has him just about even money to win, which is absolutely crazy after day 1

Great stuff so far....damn, we are blessed this year for venues

Edited by BallStriker

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

3 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Gonna be interesting if it is relatively calm in the morning and starts to blow like they predict for the back half of the day......BK is just seemingly on another planet, but did shoot 70 at Augusta day 2.....Vegas has him just about even money to win, which is absolutely crazy after day 1

Great stuff so far....damn, we are blessed this year for venues

I got him live at 4-1. Could see him steamrolling and wanted to get some action before it dropped more. I also have money on DJ and Schauffele so if BK collapses, hopefully it’s one of those two who capitalize.

Just now, ChrisP said:

I got him live at 4-1. Could see him steamrolling and wanted to get some action before it dropped more. I also have money on DJ and Schauffele so if BK collapses, hopefully it’s one of those two who capitalize.

Solid get on that number....and he could easily steamroll....I took a shot with Gary Woodland at 66-1 and had a small grin when he got to 3 under....but he faded...GL with the BK bet

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Gary Woodland proves that you can be a great golfer but not be great on the PGA Tour.  There's been many others like that.  Hank Kehne is another one.  

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Gary Woodland proves that you can be a great golfer but not be great on the PGA Tour.  There's been many others like that.  Hank Kehne is another one.  

Huh?

18 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

What do you mean?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Herkimer said:

Three career victories and over $3 million in earnings this year alone, over $23 million career earnings (neither number includes sponsor or outing money).  I wish I were that bad at my job.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Geez. You've really researched that one.....

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.53.10 pm.png

• Like 1

Agreed.  He's done better than I thought.  I watch a lot of golf and I just haven't recalled seeing him a lot.  And when he first came on tour, I expected greater things from him.  

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Huh?

There are many PGA touring pros who are great golfers but yet struggle to keep their card.  

45 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

There are many PGA touring pros who are great golfers but yet struggle to keep their card. 

There are thousands of professional athletes across every sport who will never be on the field/court. Golf isn’t exclusive in that. And Woodland isn’t one of them.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Then they’re not “great golfers”...

Compared to us amateur hacks, certainly in another world.  But in the rarified air of professional golf, they can barely be considered journeymen.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Then they’re not “great golfers”...

Depends on the context.

Web.com Tour players are still in the top 0.1% of all golfers worldwide. Actually, add another zero or two.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Depends on the context.

Web.com Tour players are still in the top 0.1% of all golfers worldwide. Actually, add another zero or two.

Of course it’s relative.  Hell, there are people who think that I’m a great golfer.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!