nevets88

2019 PGA Championship

690 posts / 26416 viewsLast Reply

I totally agree that there is some luck in making a very long putt, just as there's a lot of luck in making a hole-in-one.  Too many variables.  However, a fair putter would never have such luck.  The skilled putter will have the chance at being lucky.  Tiger was so skilled as a putter that he seemed to get lucky a lot.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

4 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

However, a fair putter would never have such luck.

Not accurate.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

However, a fair putter would never have such luck. 

So wait...is it luck or skill? Because if it’s luck then the skill of the putter doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Just now, JeepXJ98 said:

So wait...is it luck or skill? Because if it’s luck then the skill of the putter doesn’t have anything to do with it.

There's no contradiction in what I said, I don't believe.  A skilled putter will get luckier and make longer putts because he's a skilled reader of putts.  

1 minute ago, Herkimer said:

There's no contradiction in what I said, I don't believe.  A skilled putter will get luckier and make longer putts because he's a skilled reader of putts.  

They make more putts because they're more skilled.

That's what @JeepXJ98 is pointing out.

Gonna be interesting if it is relatively calm in the morning and starts to blow like they predict for the back half of the day......BK is just seemingly on another planet, but did shoot 70 at Augusta day 2.....Vegas has him just about even money to win, which is absolutely crazy after day 1

Great stuff so far....damn, we are blessed this year for venues

Edited by BallStriker

3 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Gonna be interesting if it is relatively calm in the morning and starts to blow like they predict for the back half of the day......BK is just seemingly on another planet, but did shoot 70 at Augusta day 2.....Vegas has him just about even money to win, which is absolutely crazy after day 1

Great stuff so far....damn, we are blessed this year for venues

I got him live at 4-1. Could see him steamrolling and wanted to get some action before it dropped more. I also have money on DJ and Schauffele so if BK collapses, hopefully it’s one of those two who capitalize.

Just now, ChrisP said:

I got him live at 4-1. Could see him steamrolling and wanted to get some action before it dropped more. I also have money on DJ and Schauffele so if BK collapses, hopefully it’s one of those two who capitalize.

Solid get on that number....and he could easily steamroll....I took a shot with Gary Woodland at 66-1 and had a small grin when he got to 3 under....but he faded...GL with the BK bet

Gary Woodland proves that you can be a great golfer but not be great on the PGA Tour.  There's been many others like that.  Hank Kehne is another one.  

14 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Gary Woodland proves that you can be a great golfer but not be great on the PGA Tour.  There's been many others like that.  Hank Kehne is another one.  

Huh?

18 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

What do you mean?

1 hour ago, Herkimer said:

Three career victories and over $3 million in earnings this year alone, over $23 million career earnings (neither number includes sponsor or outing money).  I wish I were that bad at my job.

6 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Geez. You've really researched that one.....

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.53.10 pm.png

Agreed.  He's done better than I thought.  I watch a lot of golf and I just haven't recalled seeing him a lot.  And when he first came on tour, I expected greater things from him.  

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Huh?

There are many PGA touring pros who are great golfers but yet struggle to keep their card.  

45 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

There are many PGA touring pros who are great golfers but yet struggle to keep their card. 

There are thousands of professional athletes across every sport who will never be on the field/court. Golf isn’t exclusive in that. And Woodland isn’t one of them.

2 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Then they’re not “great golfers”...

Compared to us amateur hacks, certainly in another world.  But in the rarified air of professional golf, they can barely be considered journeymen.

2 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Then they’re not “great golfers”...

Depends on the context.

Web.com Tour players are still in the top 0.1% of all golfers worldwide. Actually, add another zero or two.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Depends on the context.

Web.com Tour players are still in the top 0.1% of all golfers worldwide. Actually, add another zero or two.

Of course it’s relative.  Hell, there are people who think that I’m a great golfer.