IGNORED

Golf On the Mind

Cantankerish
Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depressed that I got rained out on Sunday.  And now everything reminds me of it, like this sign posting of a par 4.

IMG_1277.thumb.JPG.887d415a0024624add6047e8a00f83c1.JPG

I would have gladly played that hole at supreme.  😞

I need a fix.

Does anyone else get randomly reminded of golf, and if so what is it? ...preferably with a pic.

• Like 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

56 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

Depressed that I got rained out on Sunday.  And now everything reminds me of it, like this sign posting of a par 4.

I need a fix.

Does anyone else get randomly reminded of golf, and if so what is it? ...preferably with a pic.

No. Dude I think you need help... 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 3 months later...

$3.09 for a gallon of regular down there?  I'm 50 miles north and paying $2.30!  

I feel your pain on the rainout.  It seems like every afternoon I head out to the course in bright sunshine and within minutes an Armageddon-like storm rolls in.  That's summer in Florida, though.

As for being reminded of golf... I don't need any reminders.  My OCD takes care of that.

In the Bag:

Tour Edge Exotics Driver, 3W, 3H, 4H, 5-PW, Adams Golf 54 and 60 Wedges, Wilson SW, Ray Cook putter.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, Cantankerish said:

I would have gladly played that hole at supreme.

OMG - I can't wait to use that line the next time I have a friend in the car with me.

As for your question about things that remind you of golf, yes, every day around my house, there are lots of things.

In the livingroom, across from where I'm sitting now, I have an old set of Haig Ultra woods and irons, just sitting up in an umbrella stand as an ornament.

In the bedroom, above my closet, I have an old wooden shafted putter on a wooden plaque I made. On either side of it are hats from famous courses like St Andrews, Wing Foot, Baltusrol, Hazeltine and others.

In my music room, where I keep my guitars, I have some photos on the wall of players I like, Arnie, Ben Hogan, Ernie Els and Bobby Jones.

When we had closet organizers designed for the bedroom closets, one of the requirements for mine was space to store a couple sets of clubs. What's in there right now is an old set of Titleist clubs that I use a couple times a year to punish myself when I mistakenly feel I'm good enough to use them anymore.

And in the backyard is my little practice area with a very good mat I bought from a local course when they replaced theirs and a net to hit balls into.

So, yes, unless I go to the bathroom, there's all sorts of stuff around my house that constantly make me think about golf. Gotta do something about those bathrooms...

Edited by DennisMiller

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

52 minutes ago, DennisMiller said:

So, yes, unless I go to the bathroom, there's all sorts of stuff around my house that constantly make me think about golf. Gotta do something about those bathrooms...

Got you covered there.......

Potty-Putter-Toilet-Golf-Game-Mini-Golf-Set-Toilet-Golf-Putting-Green-Novelty-Game-Toy-Gift_jpeg_640x640.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

Got you covered there.......

Potty-Putter-Toilet-Golf-Game-Mini-Golf-Set-Toilet-Golf-Putting-Green-Novelty-Game-Toy-Gift_jpeg_640x640.jpg

We can't un-see this!!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We can't un-see this!!!

I think it should have a tag line of "Train while you Strain" :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On 5/6/2019 at 3:55 PM, Cantankerish said:

I need a fix.

What's gasoline ?

- Simon Hornsby

Properly called "gasolina" out west, it's what you imbibe between the 9th and 10th.  I believe that sign was the monument for the 10th, nicknamed the "Gasoline" hole due to the high number of golfers who just kinda amble onto the tee box, sway a bit, and somehow make some sort of contact with the ball on the downstroke.  On this particular course, it is common courtesy to yell "GASOLINE" when a wayward stroke from a less-than-teetotalling fellow goes awry.  In actual practice though, it amounts to little more than petrol, dude.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:20 AM, kamaaina1 said:

I often "replay" holes in my mind at night to help put me two sleep.  seems to work.  I usually can "replay" 4 or 5 holes, then I'm out....  :zzz:

Yep. That's what I do too. First 4, or 5 holes of my home course. Works just about everytime. 

If not that, I sometimes think about my full swing in slow motion. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 1706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!