IGNORED

Set Up Golf Simulation in My Garage

Note: This thread is 1684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello

I would like to set up a golf simulation in my garage to help with my swing during the winter. I want to purchase a golf net, a mat and maybe a good but cheap golf simulator like opti-shot to put in my small garage. Purchasing these items will help me save on time and money going to the driving range. I would like to purchase everything under $800. Any suggestions would be most helpful 

2 hours ago, Vanman_1000 said:

good but cheap golf simulator

Good luck with that.    There are many reviews on the forum for nets and mats.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Good luck with that.    There are many reviews on the forum for nets and mats.   

Yeah, I know the prices are high but I was really looking for a good practice net and mat to put in the garage and start from there. Record my swing with my video phone. I was thinking about add opti-shot simulator later but just looking for some suggestions. Thanks

4 hours ago, Vanman_1000 said:

Yeah, I know the prices are high but I was really looking for a good practice net and mat to put in the garage and start from there. Record my swing with my video phone. I was thinking about add opti-shot simulator later but just looking for some suggestions. Thanks

FWIW I was highly disappointed in the OptiShot. I got this when I was living in Colorado. I had a rather large home and the basement had an 11’ ceiling and plenty of room to set it up. I tried about every lighting scenario I could find through searches. Constantly having to tweak the system as far as club face angle and degree of offset. Never got any reads even close to real. Driver would show 120yds, 9i 75yds...software constantly rebooting. For me it was a total waste of money. I still have it in a box I believe. Now I must admit I’m not tech savvy at all. I’m not like @nevets88 who could probably make this work with a Casio calculator but I gave it a good college effort. 

If you want to give it a go I’d be happy to send it to you. Maybe you could get some use out of it. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 9/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, Vanman_1000 said:

Hello

I would like to set up a golf simulation in my garage to help with my swing during the winter. I want to purchase a golf net, a mat and maybe a good but cheap golf simulator like opti-shot to put in my small garage. Purchasing these items will help me save on time and money going to the driving range. I would like to purchase everything under $800. Any suggestions would be most helpful 

I would  get a mevo instead, it's not a simulator but for $500 it gives you swing speed, distance etc.. and is pretty accurate.

Another option to consider would be the Swing Caddie SC 100/200/300 range.  Around 300 to 500 dollars and supposed to be pretty good according to youtube reviews.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I wish the new Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor  would work when hitting into a net, but it does not.  I like that it includes a directional component (using iPhone/iPad camera) that Mevo does not. They are both $500, but the Mevo works into a net so it is probably the best budget indoor launch monitor. I think you have to get up to the $2000 Skytrak to get a better indoor/net friendly launch monitor.

War Eagle!

• iacas changed the title to Set Up Golf Simulation in My Garage
  • Administrator

The next step in your budget would probably be… the SkyTrak.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The next step in your budget would probably be… the SkyTrak.

Is there a completed review on the SkyTrak? That will be my next purchase once I get rid of a pool issue.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
1 hour ago, TN94z said:

Is there a completed review on the SkyTrak? That will be my next purchase once I get rid of a pool issue.

There are a ton all over the Internet, yes! 😄

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, TN94z said:

My golf instructor bought one and then this year quit teaching!   He's now the head of Eastern Michigan First Tee.   I'd love to purchase a SkyTrak, just to play different courses throughout the winter but...

I don't have 9' ceilings in my house and I don't want to pull my cars out of the garage each time to play.  

We did see where one guy redid his basement, digging out the floor to make it golf compatible but my wife would kill me if I even give that a thought.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

17 hours ago, iacas said:

There are a ton all over the Internet, yes! 😄

🤣  I hear you

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

On 9/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, Vanman_1000 said:

Sounds like that should work fine?

Optishot won’t give great results, but the setup sounds reasonable for swing improvements...

Should be able to get a mat, net and some used balls under $150 or so...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!