Jump to content

91 posts / 21369 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Mine is the same as yours. Works fine.

Yes it does. The ghost effect is something. I took like 10 swings with it on, took it off, and then my hands were  involuntarily going places. Going through protocol 1, I think this will be really useful for me in terms of finesse wedges. Maybe even distance wedges. Forces me to not over manipulate things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, billchao said:

You guys are making me think about getting this. I’m not even working on this stuff 😃

I just wrote up that I still like it MORE for the two things that are NOT the "shallowing" thing:

  • The takeaway, as in not rolling the hands to get the clubhead under, or not taking the hands out and away from you.
  • The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/?ref=750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was using it in the superstore and two people asked me about it, only there for 40 minutes. One had one but has yet to unbox it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, iacas said:

The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

This is what I am focused on with the PlaneMate. We’re working on lower hands at A6 in my Evolvr lessons and the pivot is part of the issue. I goes well with the drills Stephan had me doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

 

16 hours ago, iacas said:

The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

I see a lot of people using it, they never complete the swing, go to A10+, guess the band makes that practically impossible? I've only used the short green one, I guess the longer one is more forgiving but using on longer clubs. Also, how do you decide on where to clip the thing? I opted for closer to grip, didn't want too much tension.

A little off-topic, but this:

ERFnakQU4AEx7AN.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

 

I see a lot of people using it, they never complete the swing, go to A10+, guess the band makes that practically impossible? I've only used the short green one, I guess the longer one is more forgiving but using on longer clubs. Also, how do you decide on where to clip the thing? I opted for closer to grip, didn't want too much tension.

A little off-topic, but this:

ERFnakQU4AEx7AN.png

The short green band really only let's you go to A9. Day 4 Finishing Form shows this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I got mine on Monday, completed 4 protocols and went golfing Friday.

Never hit the ball so good. Driver and 3W were push draws, but found the fairway.

Shot my lowest sore ever (80) and it would've been a 79 if I did not 3 putt from 7 feet away on hole 7.

All I think about is a slower backswing, hinge and unwind with NO ARMS.

 

Going out again tomorrow but it'll probably be a disaster. I do like how the PM allows me to FEEL what to do, not just someone putting the club in a spot and wanting me to hit that spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Due to delays in production caused by the Corona Virus we expect to be able to begin shipping again on June 18, 2020."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've gone through the Seven Day, Advanced  and Protocol Series Videos all except the "Tour Players Only" one. Should I look at that one too?:-P I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped me and said, "Dude! You're a 12 HC"!!!!!

I really like it so far. There are some parts that I already have down because of working on them with Evolvr (The Takeaway). But others, especially the pivot through impact A6 to A9 and follow through A9 to 10 are areas where I need to keep at it. It does match very closely with what my Evolvr instructors have had me work on. I still feel I cast a bit with my right hand and need to stop that for good.

In the Protocol Series, there is a conditioning protocol with the heavy band. It is quite a workout. You basically go through all the same movements as the 7 day. Doing all of them in a row works the core and shoulders while reinforcing the positions.

The Driver Protocol is similar. I will most likely focus on the A4 to follow through movements going forward. I also do a similar mapping while getting warmed up before practice without the PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else have a hard time hitting balls with this? I’m trying to just do the day 1-day 3 beginning protocol with pitches, and I shank it with the clubface too open at impact when trying to do it right. Usually if I try to make decent contact with it on, the band hits my trail hand or starts to get wrapped up.
 

I guess that means I rely on a flip to square up the face. I’ve been out with it 3 or 4 times and can’t seem to get the right feel. In the yard with foam balls, it’s mostly been ok. I’m starting to feel like something’s defective (with me, not the Planemate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Anyone else have a hard time hitting balls with this? I’m trying to just do the day 1-day 3 beginning protocol with pitches, and I shank it with the clubface too open at impact when trying to do it right. Usually if I try to make decent contact with it on, the band hits my trail hand or starts to get wrapped up.
 

I guess that means I rely on a flip to square up the face. I’ve been out with it 3 or 4 times and can’t seem to get the right feel. In the yard with foam balls, it’s mostly been ok. I’m starting to feel like something’s defective (with me, not the Planemate)

Don’t worry about mishits. Just focus on the motions. You will get better at it as you work with it. I had one day where I shanked everything. But as you start pivoting correctly, you will start to hit it better. If you can film yourself doing it, you will see where you need to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, boogielicious said:

Don’t worry about mishits. Just focus on the motions. You will get better at it as you work with it. I had one day where I shanked everything. But as you start pivoting correctly, you will start to hit it better. If you can film yourself doing it, you will see where you need to improve.

Thanks. I’ll keep working at it. Good reminder that I need to get my range bag together with my tripod and iPad with Mirror Vision. That worked pretty well last year for filming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Thanks. I’ll keep working at it. Good reminder that I need to get my range bag together with my tripod and iPad with Mirror Vision. That worked pretty well last year for filming.

Mirror Vision is great to use with the PlaneMate. You can really see yours doing the drills correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Starting to get the hang of it, got the basic pitching motion and longer 9-3 swings down. I’ve been working outside with MirrorVision and in my room with real mirrors, hitting yellow foam balls. The one armed swings were tough at first, I lacked the arm and hand strength to control the club. But after doing 20-30 reps with each arm almost every day, I’ve gotten more control of the club.

I’d like to go to the range so I could hit real balls, but the nearby ranges are closed. I’ll probably start in with some work with the longer band next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got an email.   Mine is ready to ship.   The were able to reroute a few units from the manufacture.   😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I just got an email.   Mine is ready to ship.   The were able to reroute a few units from the manufacture.   😀

You will find a lot of the protocols are similar to the a COVID practice drills. The PlaneMate reinforces those feels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...