IGNORED

TourStriker PlaneMate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Mine is the same as yours. Works fine.

Yes it does. The ghost effect is something. I took like 10 swings with it on, took it off, and then my hands were  involuntarily going places. Going through protocol 1, I think this will be really useful for me in terms of finesse wedges. Maybe even distance wedges. Forces me to not over manipulate things.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You guys are making me think about getting this. I’m not even working on this stuff 😃

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, billchao said:

You guys are making me think about getting this. I’m not even working on this stuff 😃

I just wrote up that I still like it MORE for the two things that are NOT the "shallowing" thing:

• The takeaway, as in not rolling the hands to get the clubhead under, or not taking the hands out and away from you.
  • The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

https://www.tourstriker.com/product/planemate/?ref=750

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was using it in the superstore and two people asked me about it, only there for 40 minutes. One had one but has yet to unbox it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

This is what I am focused on with the PlaneMate. We’re working on lower hands at A6 in my Evolvr lessons and the pivot is part of the issue. I goes well with the drills Stephan had me doing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, iacas said:

The follow-through, continuing to pivot hard through to a finish.

I see a lot of people using it, they never complete the swing, go to A10+, guess the band makes that practically impossible? I've only used the short green one, I guess the longer one is more forgiving but using on longer clubs. Also, how do you decide on where to clip the thing? I opted for closer to grip, didn't want too much tension.

A little off-topic, but this:

ERFnakQU4AEx7AN.png

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I see a lot of people using it, they never complete the swing, go to A10+, guess the band makes that practically impossible? I've only used the short green one, I guess the longer one is more forgiving but using on longer clubs. Also, how do you decide on where to clip the thing? I opted for closer to grip, didn't want too much tension.

A little off-topic, but this:

ERFnakQU4AEx7AN.png

The short green band really only let's you go to A9. Day 4 Finishing Form shows this.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

So I got mine on Monday, completed 4 protocols and went golfing Friday.

Never hit the ball so good. Driver and 3W were push draws, but found the fairway.

Shot my lowest sore ever (80) and it would've been a 79 if I did not 3 putt from 7 feet away on hole 7.

All I think about is a slower backswing, hinge and unwind with NO ARMS.

Going out again tomorrow but it'll probably be a disaster. I do like how the PM allows me to FEEL what to do, not just someone putting the club in a spot and wanting me to hit that spot.

This thread convinced me to buy one.   @iacas, I did use the link in this thread.   The sad part, delivery isn't expected until June!  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

"Due to delays in production caused by the Corona Virus we expect to be able to begin shipping again on June 18, 2020."

I've gone through the Seven Day, Advanced  and Protocol Series Videos all except the "Tour Players Only" one. Should I look at that one too?:-P I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped me and said, "Dude! You're a 12 HC"!!!!!

I really like it so far. There are some parts that I already have down because of working on them with Evolvr (The Takeaway). But others, especially the pivot through impact A6 to A9 and follow through A9 to 10 are areas where I need to keep at it. It does match very closely with what my Evolvr instructors have had me work on. I still feel I cast a bit with my right hand and need to stop that for good.

In the Protocol Series, there is a conditioning protocol with the heavy band. It is quite a workout. You basically go through all the same movements as the 7 day. Doing all of them in a row works the core and shoulders while reinforcing the positions.

The Driver Protocol is similar. I will most likely focus on the A4 to follow through movements going forward. I also do a similar mapping while getting warmed up before practice without the PM.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Anyone else have a hard time hitting balls with this? I’m trying to just do the day 1-day 3 beginning protocol with pitches, and I shank it with the clubface too open at impact when trying to do it right. Usually if I try to make decent contact with it on, the band hits my trail hand or starts to get wrapped up.

I guess that means I rely on a flip to square up the face. I’ve been out with it 3 or 4 times and can’t seem to get the right feel. In the yard with foam balls, it’s mostly been ok. I’m starting to feel like something’s defective (with me, not the Planemate)

3 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Anyone else have a hard time hitting balls with this? I’m trying to just do the day 1-day 3 beginning protocol with pitches, and I shank it with the clubface too open at impact when trying to do it right. Usually if I try to make decent contact with it on, the band hits my trail hand or starts to get wrapped up.

I guess that means I rely on a flip to square up the face. I’ve been out with it 3 or 4 times and can’t seem to get the right feel. In the yard with foam balls, it’s mostly been ok. I’m starting to feel like something’s defective (with me, not the Planemate)

Don’t worry about mishits. Just focus on the motions. You will get better at it as you work with it. I had one day where I shanked everything. But as you start pivoting correctly, you will start to hit it better. If you can film yourself doing it, you will see where you need to improve.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just now, boogielicious said:

Don’t worry about mishits. Just focus on the motions. You will get better at it as you work with it. I had one day where I shanked everything. But as you start pivoting correctly, you will start to hit it better. If you can film yourself doing it, you will see where you need to improve.

Thanks. I’ll keep working at it. Good reminder that I need to get my range bag together with my tripod and iPad with Mirror Vision. That worked pretty well last year for filming.

1 minute ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Thanks. I’ll keep working at it. Good reminder that I need to get my range bag together with my tripod and iPad with Mirror Vision. That worked pretty well last year for filming.

Mirror Vision is great to use with the PlaneMate. You can really see yours doing the drills correctly.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to get the hang of it, got the basic pitching motion and longer 9-3 swings down. I’ve been working outside with MirrorVision and in my room with real mirrors, hitting yellow foam balls. The one armed swings were tough at first, I lacked the arm and hand strength to control the club. But after doing 20-30 reps with each arm almost every day, I’ve gotten more control of the club.

I’d like to go to the range so I could hit real balls, but the nearby ranges are closed. I’ll probably start in with some work with the longer band next week.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email.   Mine is ready to ship.   The were able to reroute a few units from the manufacture.   😀

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I just got an email.   Mine is ready to ship.   The were able to reroute a few units from the manufacture.   😀

You will find a lot of the protocols are similar to the a COVID practice drills. The PlaneMate reinforces those feels.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!