IGNORED

Do You Normally Play 9 Holes, 18 or Both?

ChetlovesMer
Note: This thread is 1630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How often do you play 9 holes?   

69 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play 9 holes?

• Never - If I don't have time for the full 18 I'll either not play or just practice.
    • Once in a while - I prefer 18, but I'll do 9 here and there.
    • About half the time I play 9, about half the time I play 18.
    • I usually only play 9, it's rare that I have time for a full 18.
    • I only play 9 holes at a time. I almost never play a full 18.
    • My usual round is 18, but I also play a league which is only 9 holes.

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

To me, 18 holes is a "round" of golf. If all I have time for is 9 holes then I guess that will do, but I'll rarely go play golf when I have that little time. What kills me is that on GolfNow, there are courses that will sell 18 hole rounds that tee off at 5 PM, when it gets dark before 7:30! You'd better be damned good and damned quick to make that schedule!

If the course is empty I don't have an issue with that at all. 2.5 hours as a solo is reasonable without people around. But it is inevitable that I would run into a 2 or 3 ball that wouldn't let me play through on hole 4, turning it into a 2 hour 9 hole bust. The places around here are stingy when it comes to letting people out with a cart for 18 after a certain time. I had a round that I almost didnt play (ended up walking the shorter course) where I would have had the cart back 1.5 hours before their limit for the night. Its like the clubhouse gent didnt realize that there are in fact people that play golf fast

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

For the first time in quite a while I played just nine holes at noon on Sunday. It was actually one of the few solid outings I've had recently.

Maybe the fact that it wasn't a full 18 helped my concentration level. Maybe it was a coincidence. Either way I hit solid shots most of the way and finished in less than an hour and a half. Got back home in time to observe most of the second half of the early kickoffs.

Think I might keep it to nine holes more often on Sundays.

Glad to hear. I often play nine do to limited time and seem to score well too. I wish I could play 12 as that would seem to be the best number of holes for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It's always 18 holes for me. The only time I do 9 is if I get rained out after the first 9. Looking back at last year. I had 3 nine hole rounds. all the rest were 18.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

OK - free pass to the local 9 just a couple minutes from my place.

Pro:  Walking is nice, got to play when normally it would be too late in the day to finish

Con:  Unsettling,....and it's not 18.......

So it's somewhere between "it didn't suck completely" and it was "passably better than drinking fountain soda"

Bill - 

For the last year, I've played mostly 9 holes at a time. Part of my decision to do that had to do with healing from surgeries, but a lot has to do with being unable to deal well with the insane Miami heat and humidity. Sometimes I simply feel like I'm being squeezed and I can't concentrate or muster the energy to make a decent swing.

I know part of the problem is because certain meds I take make me more heat sensitive. Even using sugar free Gatorade drives up my blood sugar so badly, so I tried drinking water, but I'm still wiped out after 9 holes.

What's made it better is Powerade Zero. I don't understand how, because regardless that the ingredients read pretty much the same as sugar free Gatorade, the Powerade product doesn't bother my blood sugar and having a few bottles with me in a little cooler really helps.

I hope to return to being an 18 hole golfer during the fall and winter when Miami temperatures drop from the high 90s to the low 90s.

I've had a good day if I don't fall out of the cart...

Note: This thread is 1630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!