IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

Cancelled by a rope. Sad to see. 

• Funny 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

How did the person record the video, but then need to record their screen to post the video?

I also don't think the rope moved so much he would have missed it either way…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He almost got beheaded. No pun intended. Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge

• Funny 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

• Administrator
Just now, Bucki1968 said:

He almost got beheaded. No pun intended. Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge

The announcers said “off with his head.”

Ummmmmmmm.

• Funny 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is Bryson also a professional soccer player? Geesh.

• Funny 4

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I also don't think the rope moved so much he would have missed it either way

Looks like it did.  Looks like his caddie raised the rope and, just as Bryson went to duck under it, his caddie released the rope, and it sprang down just far enough for Bryson to catch it just under the bill of his cap, rather than just over.

Caddie obviously never spent any time in the woods with friends.  You quickly learn to be careful when and how you release springy things you push out of the way when their are others nearby.

46 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Is Bryson also a professional soccer player? Geesh.

I guess you've never caught a small branch or rope in the eye? I've had them both happen.  The former from walking in the woods with people that don't know how it's done with others following and the latter while sailing.

It's very painful and can disturb the vision in that eye for a good long while.

Imagine you're competing in a professional tournament and the vision in one of your eyes was just painfully impaired.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Looks like it did.  Looks like his caddie raised the rope and, just as Bryson went to duck under it, his caddie released the rope, and it sprang down just far enough for Bryson to catch it just under the bill of his cap, rather than just over.

That's why I said he wouldn't have missed it, not that it wouldn't have hit the top of the bill of his cap.

• Administrator
Just now, SEMI_Duffer said:

Fair enough.  No, he wouldn't have missed it, either way.

Right, so he could have ducked down farther and saved himself. He was cutting it close, particularly since a rope is not a known fixed item.

When stepping OVER a rope, I either step ON it or I make sure to give it a really wide berth, lest it move slightly or I misjudge slightly and trip.

Same logic applies here, I feel.

• Like 1

Caddie didn't realize BDC was figuring/expecting he would hold the rope up till they both passed through. You can hear BDC going "WTF guys" as if 'the guys' didn't do their jobs in holding up rope for His Majesty. 

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

guess you've never caught a small branch or rope in the eye? I've had them both happen. 

Of course I have. But I didn’t collapse to the ground and cry ‘ No!’ when asked if I’m ok. He’s a Pansy. Period.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It would have been funnier if the caddy stepped on the rope and released it just as BD was stepping over. FWWWAAAAPPP!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I hear Bryson’s agent is going to sue to find out if Jay Monahan used the Tour’s private jet to fly in and set this up.  According to a rumor that I am currently starting.

• Funny 4

—Adam

I recognize that Bryson behavior as something I like to call “I’m actually more mad than hurt, but I’m too much of a chicken to do anything so I’m gonna make this seem worse than it is”

a certain vintage of jbishop15 was an expert at this 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

This dig by the PGA Tour… ouch

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

This dig by the PGA Tour… ouch

No, it's a dig by the "PGA TUOR".

That's not the PGA TOUR.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

No, it's a dig by the "PGA TUOR".

That's not the PGA TOUR.

Ah I missed that.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!